Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. The distance between objects hotkey is amazing, but very often hard to read, due to the overlap of other objects or background colors. I've attached two examples where the distance between objects is very hard to see.

Putting the measurement in a box would make sure it is always easy to read

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would like to line up text of different sizes not in the same point text frame on the baseline rather than have the text align to the supposed bounding box. Illustrator does it right. See the screenshots attached to see what the difference is. Browsers align to the text baseline, so XD should handle it the same way without me needing to draw a line to do it. It’s a waste of time.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The feature to link buttons that scroll to anchors in artboards is great! I think the next step would be to allow us to "Scroll To" not only objects on the artboard but also objects inside scroll groups that overflow the artboard.

With this feature we could create internal navigation menus that allow the user to easily explore the content of an overflowing container by jumping from anchor to anchor.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would like to make entire artboard a component for templating purposes, so that I can override but still stick to original design.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Its a tool that helps you visually organise your ideas and thoughts before prototyping. if you can take a look at "mindnode" https://mindnode.com/support/userguides/ios/what-is-mindmapping

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would really like to see the masking features of Photoshop in Xd. In terms of masking Xd is really lacking. People would really appreciate if they can use the shortcuts like Alt+click on layer to direct mask and other similar features of photoshop.

Its really frustrating to keep switching between Photoshop and Xd while making an UI

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When changing the color, dimensions, or location of an object I often want to press 'V' to change the cursor to 'Select' and move on. 'V' is not a valid value in any of those fields, so it would be great when I press 'V' it would lose focus on the field, and change the cursor.

Instead, I have to remember to hit 'Escape' then 'V'.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Color stops fixed at the extremes are not easily selectable. They seem to be under the bars. Could they be over each bar?

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please change the default value for Line Height to Normal or Auto, instead of 0, just like it works in CSS or Phothsop, because line-height:0; is actually a value in CSS which makes the line height 0.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can we have a keyboard shortcut for align to pixel grid please - it's time consuming to do this all the time.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When you import an image into XD it will manually be placed into an artboard with the same dimensions.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It is currently not possible to Shift-Select multiple items once the layer list is filtered or searched.

It would be very helpful to have this feature as only relevant items are left and you probably want to select them all

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Save to Master Component" and/or "Push/Save as Master Component", so that any changes you've made to a component can be put into the master.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A way to review all edits/changes made to a master component. For instance, a team is sharing a Design System and wants to see all the changes made to a component should they need to revert back and see who on their team made the change.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When option-dragging an artboard handle, all of the elements on the artboard remain left-justified. I would expect this function to keep all elements centered on the board. I believe this is how it used to function.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When you adjust the line height it should make the text box around the text adjust vertically. Right now when the "point-text" box type is selected it does not.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be great to be able to incorporate some of InDesign's character/paragraph styles into designs. Things like drop caps or paragraph rules would be a great addition to enable more editorial style designs.

( See also: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12931494-paragraph-styles )

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The gradient fill, in it's current form, does not show what position (from 0 to 1, or 0 to 100) the stop is located, like in other popular adobe applications such as Illustrator and Photoshop. This means that if I want the accurate position for each stop I have to export it to SVG and open it in Illustrator. This makes it really hard to make gradients with a middle fade accurately, and since there is no way to actually save the gradient as a swatch, you're stuck eyeballing it.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Since the art boards can be very very large having a mini pan and tap to zoom in / out window possibly on the right bottom side to navigate elegantly through the entire art board space would be convenient I believe.

as of now I have to use the little hand and move around on the art boards themselves in combination with the zoom out function.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SVG gradients are not rendered correctly when importing this image in AdobeXD.
    See the reference file with embedded bitmaps to see how it is rendered compared to how it should be rendered.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)