Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Need to be able to create fractions for math equations - like in Illustrator and inDesign where you select type, click a button and the numbers are formatted into and editable fraction (ie 2/3 reformatted to a proper fraction setup) - very necessary and a huge time saver

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. A data table component with headers, columns of varying widths, alternating row colors, add/delete rows, add/delete columns - very standard stuff! See Axure, PowerPoint, Confluence, etc. etc. Should be able to paste data from an Excel worksheet. An enterprise designer like me, who deals with data-rich UIs, must have this before I can consider adopting XD as my standard tool.

Seems so obvious! But I haven't found this in other suggestions, most others focus on one aspect of a table instead of core table properties. I'd love to hear I'm just missing it somehow...

189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When adding Character Styles the first character style stays on top and the other styles adds underneath that, but when adding Colors the latest added color "pushes down" the already added colors. Would like the first added Color to stay on top, I know you can change the order later but it would just speed up my workflow.

All the best!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be nice to have a "go to a specific art board" short cut, similar to "command j" in indesign

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be great to have a shortcut with which I can remove the formatting on text. If I have a text which is bold, green and 48pt, upon selecting it and pressing the shortcut, it should return the text to default appearance- ie. black color, regular weight and default font size.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I just need to be able to drag .psd and .ai files from the desktop/finder/explorer and drop them into an open XD project—the same as jpeg/png drag & drop currently works—when a photograph or logo is needed that is saved in one of these other formats.

I appreciate the much more sophisticated methods of importing psd/ai that are already available, but I simply need to drop in a flat image or vector when needed.

This is honestly the primary issue that keeps me from using XD.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. As you go through a design, objects are created and sequentially stacked on top of each other. This affects Z index and view.

Using things like self created grid/layout systems or objects that are required to stay at the top of the z index get obscure and I spend an awful lot of time reorganizing my layers. Too much time.

To save time - having the ability to "pin" the layer order of groups or objects would be amazing. Additionally, defining group/object stacking order by "pinnable" alphanumeric identification would be terrific. example:

Top Layer — Pin1
    Second to — Pin2…

192 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. After the user drops a Guide on the artboard they can 'click' the Guide Selector UI which will auto-place another guide using the same pixel measurements as the previous dropped guide.

e.g. User drops a guide at 50 pixels from the Top they then click on the Guide Selector UI element, not drag, and another guide will be automatically placed at 100 pixels from the top (+50 pixels from the previous guide).

Clicking twice on the Guide Selector UI twice in a row would auto-place 2 more guides; first at 100px and second at 150px; thereby creating a 3 guide…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When renaming layers I often use CMD+Shift+arrow keys to highlight text. I have some custom keyboard shortcuts setup for the nudge+resize plug-in that use the same CMD+Shift+arrow keys to grow or shrink items. It would be great if while I was renaming layers I could use these shortcuts to highlight text without it affecting the item I have selected on the artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  10. XD Version 20.2.12.1
    Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.615)

If there is a way to do this, I apologize for the post.

Almost daily, I work with "grouped" elements that represent a section of a design. For example, a panel that contains sub panels, etc. Often I want to "marquee" select several items within the panel to adjust their locations, etc., but I end up selecting the panel background and moving it instead.

It would be nice if we could lock, say, only the position of a certain element and only that element(so it doesn't move) instead of locking…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As of right now - In the property panel, text boxes with numerical values can be clicked and dragged up and down with the mouse to quickly change the value without typing.

Just like Photoshop - If I could hold down SHIFT to increase the speed of the value changing, or ALT to slow it down (for better precision) this would benefit the feature.
    For an object's rotation value, SHIFT could snap to certain angle increments. It's extremely common to rotate something by 45° or 90°.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The ability to save drop (box) shadows to your component library within XD, as you can with colours, text styles and symbols.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please make it so that the style of the text you have selected highlights the style used in the left hand styles column.

ALSO please give us the option to set responsive sizes for the text styles. In other words the style sniffs the page width and selected the break point from within the style.

THANKS

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add faux-italics. As of now you cannot make text italicized unless there is an italics version of the font being used. I am currently making web-app prototypes and faux-italics exists in the browser. I need a way to demonstrate this.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A keyboard shortcut that takes you to the previous visited artboard.

Imagine you have loads of artboards. One of them holds all your icons and other assets. You visit this artboard quite often to copy assets and then pasting them on your current working artboard. After copying an asset the next step would normally be a combination of zooming out, dragging and the zooming into the working artboard where you paste the asset.

Wouldn´t it be nice with a keyboard shortcut doing this stuff instead. Even greater would be if you could achieve this command in combination with your mouse…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When you do some complex transitions in prototype mode, you may have an element that is outside a mask and becomes visible in the second screen once within the mask shape.

Currently it's not possible to create a mask if some elements are outside the shape used as a mask. You need to overlap your mask elements with that shape, create a mask and then move the elements outside that shape. Could you please fix this issue?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Most often, I reorder assets with the asset list only one column wide because reordering with it pulled out to multi-column is very confusing. The order of the assets run across each row and then down to the next column, which is fine, however, the drop placement is indicated as being a horizontal blue line ABOVE an asset, rather than between the LEFT/RIGHT sides of two assets. Since, for example, Assets 4 and 5 in the list would be next to each other rather than one on top of the other, it would make more sense for the blue bar…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please made hot keys for "Lock/Unlock All" & "Hide/Unhide all" like it realise in Illustrator - cmd + 2 (cmd + alt + 2) & cmd + 3 (cmd + alt + 3)

Allow hot keys for hide/unhide Layout working not depending select you page or not!

Create rules and guides, please! and hot keys for it too!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When there are raster images pasted in to the project and I want to move some objects around with pixel precision I do Cmd+"+" or Cmd+2 to zoom in (200%) which is enough for me. But blurry images make it hard to do a pixel-to-pixel alignments. 300% zoom though looks perfect (pixelated and sharp). Could you please just disable raster smoothing at 200% zoom?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  20. It's hard to describe but the thing is: In Adobe XD it's not possible to to what's shown in the attachment (it's Affinity Designer). I hope you get what I mean. It's about the fact that I cant select multiple layers without also selecting the underlying layer.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)