Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Similar to the 'Color' tool panel from AI.

This can/should also incorporate other features like seeing the hex or color build information of the fill or outline without having to click into a secondary panel.

Tie in key commands like 'x' for swapping the focus from outline to fill, 'd' for resetting to base black/white, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It'd be great if you could organize your layers into folders without grouping them on the actual artboard. It'd make selection much easier. For example, in Photoshop you can put layers in the same folder but they aren't necessarily "linked" meaning that clicking on one item doesn't select the entire group.

Currently the only way to organize your layers into folders is to physically group or link them on the actual artboard.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If i have an image in the clipboard, i would like to be able to create a new document based on its size (similar to what Photoshop does). Idea: If an image is in the clipboard, Prefill custom size fields with image dimensions from clipboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  4. while using the pen tool and adding a point to a line that already exists, if you hold shift the new point will automatically snap to the exact middle between the two points to the left and right.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We still use Reflow for typography and letting us see how it looks across the various breakpoints.

One of the great things about Edge Reflow is the ability to set independent margins across various breakpoints.

In XD on resizing an artboard, the grid margins remain the same when ideally they should dynamically resize.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. This would be useful for e.g. resizing button instance widths, but maintaining the link to the master component button height. See image for an explanation.

(And yeah, I know I can rig up something like this myself by going into the master component, putting an invisible rectangle behind the green button's rectangle, and then adjusting the height or width of the entire master component group or of the green button itself, but that's a pain. It would be nice to have this work on individual objects too, instead of just groups.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I have found that Figma gives users the ability to create a grid inside a shape. Say for example I am creating a dialog and putting content in it that I want to be aligned in two columns, I would have to do this manually with shapes.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'm designing icons in Illustrator, add them to a CC Library and would like to use these icons in XD. What's missing is the ability to apply a color fill in XD.

My aim is to use icons from a CC Library and place them within an instance of a XD Component, e.g. a button which I have established in my Design System. That button Component should hold information like color fill and opacity, so that I only have to (re)place the icon shape (coming from CC Library), but the color attributes (defined in the XD Component) shall stay the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Right now I have a bunch of objects grouped together so I can move them all around and resize them responsively. But when I want to measure the distance between something outside that group with something inside that group it only gives me the measurement from the perimeter of the group. It would be nice if measurements ignored groups. I find myself having to move stuff in and out of said group to make measurements.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. we are working on 1200px width: 12 columns, 30px margin and 72.5 column width but cant work with xd cause of decimal value problem. It is not prossible to enter 72.5 at column width.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While I understand the need for precision, creating grids that snap off-pixel actually makes designing for screens less accurate, as it often forces elements to anti-alias, leading to less crisp artwork when you output. Are you absolutely sure you need columns that are off-pixel? If so, can you explain why?

11. Hi there,

I usually use hsl color in CSS.
    Thanks to awesome Design Spec, It's piece of cake to get the hsl value.

But the problem is the way to reflect the changes to XD files.

Let me tell you a story.

A designer publish Design Spec, which use RGB(240, 156, 30) as their site's brand color.
    Then, a coder get the color as hsla(36, 87%, 52%, 1) and make a mockup.
    Then, members review it and the product owner say,

"The brand color seems less attractive than I expected..."

Awful, why he didn't point out it before, at least…

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Some way to know the original resolution of a bitmap image after it has been imported and/or resized, so you can make an educated decision when creating assets.

It’s impossible to know the resolution if you have been handed a file from someone else on your team

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. With the artboard selected, hit CMD + R (or similar) to be able to rename the artboard, without needing to double click into the title.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When aligning objects that are nested deep in a complex component it isn't always that easy to right click on the right object from the first time on.

As an advanced user i would like to select align to pixel grid in the layers panel by right clicking the selected layer and navigating to 'align to pixel grid'.

Limitations of items in this specific context menu is a concern, i would make a group "design options" and add the suggested 'align to pixel grid' option together with the 'add colour to assets" option to it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Freeform Gradient is my illustrator cc 2019 favorite new feature (and I think I speak for many designers) and it has a lot a of use in interfaces . Please add it to Adobe XD!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I have a group of shapes that makes up an icon. When I resize them with the mouse, or Shift+Mouse to keep the scale, it works fine. When I use the right-hand panel Width / Height inputs, the sub-shapes seem to move, but not resize. Or, if I change it quickly, some really strange stuff happens.

Version 13.1.32.8 - Windows 10

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Smart symbols or symbols with states are discussed elsewhere. But, a super-easy way to implement this would be to simply make "show/hide" layer a symbol property that can be overridden. For example, a button's off state and its hover state could be stacked and either could be hidden in any placed instance.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I've had to copy and paste text from Figma into XD and it would be really great if that text could then become editable in XD. Adobe Acrobat is able to auto-detect and convert text even in lowres PDFs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When outlined XD makes text single color disregarding other colors applied within one piece of text - it should preserve all the colors used.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)