Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Want to change a border color by click color from document access.

I would like Border to be able to select a color from document assets without use the picker tool.
    It will make me do work faster ....
    Please

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assets panel list view should allow multiple columns of objects

Hello,
    one thing I loved on Assets panel was the possibility to change the width of the panel to show multiple columns of assets including for each asset a small tile and its name.
    Today in the new version of library it's not possible to have the list view in multiple column... For me it's a regression.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Scroll To" anchor inside Scroll Group

The feature to link buttons that scroll to anchors in artboards is great! I think the next step would be to allow us to "Scroll To" not only objects on the artboard but also objects inside scroll groups that overflow the artboard.

With this feature we could create internal navigation menus that allow the user to easily explore the content of an overflowing container by jumping from anchor to anchor.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix Position While Scrolling for Elements in Component States

Inside a component state, select an object and a "Fix Position While Scrolling" checkbox appears on the right menu where it usually is for base-level elements on an artboard. When selected, the element stays fixed on the artboard while the rest of the component scrolls.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Component variants

While Adobe XD Team has certainly done an amazing work toward design systems creation in the tool, it still lack a bit of power.

Actually, it's quite tedious to create, maintain and use a design system in XD. Especially when working with multiple variants of a component.

Let's say I need too work on an app design and I want create my buttons in my design system : primary, secondary, alert, w/icon, large, small...

With the current XD, I only have 2 solutions and both have are really time consuming to maintain :

1. I need to create a separate component…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bevel effect for shapes

In UI design, 3d elements become real trend and have the possibility that create obects with bevel propieties would be awesome. thanks.

sorry for my bad english...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Alignment shortcuts accessible with 1 hand (left hand)

It's very hard to leave my mouse every two seconds to make a shortcut for alignments.

Shortcuts created to make life easier and speed the work flow but on this situation, it's not!

Please alignments shortcuts accessible with one hand rather than two hands,

and Use V for vertical and H for Horizontal
    not M and C

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Delete unused components

Please add a feature that will allow the user to remove unused components from the library. Currently, I have to click on each component and check if it is on the canvas. Bearing in mind that there are several hundred of them in my file, it becomes very troublesome and causes a mess in the library. A similar option is available in e.g. Adobe InDesign and is very helpful when working with a file.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Escape button consistency

When I type in a text box on the artboard and I hit escape it keeps the text I just changed and takes me out of editing mode with the cursor.

When I type in a layer to change the name of it and I hit escape it removes the changes I just made and take me out of editing mode with the cursor. To effectively keep the changes I must hit return on the keyboard.

If I hit return on the keyboard while editing a text box on the artboard I get what I would expect -- a carriage…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stacks: support both horizontal and vertical at the same time

Horizontal and Vertical options are nice, but in development there are many cases where you need to use both, especially for any items that wrap. I've included an idea to offer both options that will make stacks even better.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Link multiple flows together with annotations (scenes)

Freely move all selected elements + artboards within a work area inside the XD file work space.
    Maybe group them as "Scenes" of artboards with other elements like descriptions, step sequence, title ++ that is not part of any artboards. This way you can explain the prototype within the XD file while also making it clickable as a prototype through all the artboards that is part of this "Scene" and may transition into other "Scenes" within the same XD-file.

Attached screenshot is one working area containing several artboards within the same XD file. In the XD file there is also…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Promote component state to main component

It's possible to reset the state of subcomponents to the status of the master component. Somethimes Iam editing subcomponents in a way that I like the design of them more and I want to adapt all other components accordingly. For this I have to do all changes for the master component again. I would like to have the option to create a new master component from a subcomponent or reset the master component to the state of a subcomponent.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Switch keyboard shortcuts for Save As and Save As Local

this is bad UX!

Command-Shift-S

the standard keyboard shortcuts, which you also know from other adobe products, should save the file locally and not to the cloud.

Command-Option-Shift-S

the extended keyboard shortcut can save the file in the cloud.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Component State change while working inside component

(1) While editing a component, you can't change the state of the component unless you click on the parent layer first.

The State menu in the inspector panel disappears when you select anything other than the root layer. This makes it so you cannot change the state unless you have the root layer selected.

Instead, the State menu should be available while any layer inside the component is selected.

Let's say I'm making a button and changing the size of the shape layer. I want to match the Default state and Hover state, so with the shape layer selected I…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Menu to select specific layers under your cursors click-position

I would love to right-click on a spot and go to a layers-list and see all layers underneath my cursor so I can "dig deep" and even select locked layers by simply right-clicking on them, go to "layers" and then see a hierarchy of everything (even locked items) and select the one I want and change it/remove it. See screenshot for further explanation (As in Sketch and Figma).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. one click update library

It would be great if libraries could be updated with a single click rather than the multiple click, pop-up window, sometimes blue bar on the bottom too, senseless process currently in place.

Updating assets in a document using a shared library could also do with "some" thought.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Drag selected layer(s)

It would be really useful to be able to select a layer in the Layers palette (or by clicking in the artboard), then move that selected object from within the artboard by dragging it (as opposed to the top most object being selected). The object on the selected layer should always remain selected so long as you drag from within its bounding box. This could be enabled by holding down a key, but I think an option to make it the default behaviour makes sense (as it is in Figma).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Renaming color components after last updates

If I would like to rename the components it is only possible in list view: Why?
    And If I rename the element title starts with an empty field. This was different before. So I have to type hex values from scratch. Thats annoying...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Choose layer view mode (all layers vs. artboard-only layers)

It would be great for the user to be able to choose how they want to view their layers—like sketch or like current XD. Let the user decided which works best for them. I like seeing everything, not just the artboard I am on.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Editing Color in Styles

Why is it necessary to choose a color, right-click to copy the hex code to change the color of a style? Why not just edit the style by clicking on the color?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base