Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Would be great if the user could find easily an object that was put as batch export object. An ideia is a filter or list with all object that would be exported.

When I have a XD file with lots of page and objects checked as exported file in batch, it is hard when a user have to go and check where is the object to be exported.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be awesome to have available a quick access button that triggers the mask option. Currently, we (windows users) have to right click to access it. Even though there's also a shorcut to it, sometimes I can't remember the combination that triggers the option. I'm pretty sure our workflow would speed if we have it handy 🤩👌

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  3. Photoshop has an Actions panel, which enables users to create custom triggers for commonly used batch actions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/actions-actions-panel.html

Adobe XD action like photoshop

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Many icon sets define a specific (often square) area that represents the boundaries for all icons. In the SVG format, this boundary is specified by the SVG viewBox attribute. Individual icons will have varying measurements for their vector shapes, e.g. a "minus" icon's vector-shape will have a larger width than height. When scaling icons, if you can rely on the viewBox size, you can scale all icons to consistent sizes (e.g. 24x24 or 48x48).

Currently when importing an SVG icon into Adobe XD, the object will have the vector-shapes measurements, so that scaling multiple icons from the same icon set…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. You should be able to fill nested repeat grids with individual data. The topic has been posted before (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/13592076-texts-in-nested-repeat-grid-s-all-elements-chages) but did not receive a lot of attention. However I do see a lot of potential here, when working with complex tabular interfaces.
    One simple use case I came across today is designing a calendar where you design a grid for the months in a year and an nested grid for the days in a month.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1- I know that might not sound like a priority but sometimes when I am using multiple text layers and converting them to paths, I would love to have a character isolation option in order for me to make it easier to then control each character, rotate, reflect or whatsoever on its own. Having nodes once converted to path is great, but I also believe that having an element isolation mode will be very helpful for quicker flow.

2- Having an option to control the parent anchor point of an object will def come in handy.

Lastly, not trying to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you have only suggestion per ticket instead of multiple. I’ll edit this one to focus on the character isolation issue, but would you mind filing the parent anchor point as a separate issue? (Specifically, is this anchor point for the purpose of path drawing, or is it for the purpose of alignment?) Thanks!

8. In windows, it was very simple to right click a selection and select "Mask with shape" now that function requires some extra hunting in Mac. Could this be added into the menu when right clicking? It would be much less interaction cost (IMO).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We need a way to mask an image that works like photoshop or illustrator in the sense that I can scale the shape mask to the image and vice versa scale the image in the mask. There also needs the capability to select the mask or image and numerically put in the exact width and height size you want.

Like all the other Adobe Products. I am manually adjusting all my images height and size inside the masks and for sure they are not the exact same size. I am eyeballing it. If I duplicate the mask, and drag another…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Distribute spacing in Illustrator is such a simple yet effective command. Dragging objects around the artboard and aligning them with the mouse is fine in some situations. But when it comes to working with smaller objects it's faster and more efficient to use distribute spacing. Don't skip this amazing command for XD.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I'd like to have bullet point support in my area text.

3,888 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A possibility to define a stroke percentage value. For example do a Countdown or round progress bars.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. While an object is selected (Select arrow tool), I would like to press the "F - key" on the keyboard, to enable (temporarily the eyedropper and grab the color from artboard. The same would work for grabbing the border colour with lets say "B - key".
    In other words: when we press the F or B key on the keyboard - cursor changes (until key is released) from Arrow to Eyedropper.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Should be able to randomise repeat grid. For example, if I have only 4 images/content but want to show more than 4 on the screen to maybe scroll or create a pattern, so it shouldn't look monotonous, so the repeat might happen randomly. There could be a check mark saying 'Randomize'.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Download Roboto and Roboto Condensed from Google Fonts (This form doesn't allow me to add ttf files or a zip) and open the XD file attached (saved on Windows) on Mac. The condensed font variant is not found. When you replace the links and save, they will not be found on Windows.

The two systems work differently for font variants. Windows lumps variants under one name, Mac keeps them separate. We need XD to understand these differences and look for both versions.

Here is a discussion where I already described it: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10986982

Thanks for looking into it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Many Web designers, Front Engineers and Server Side Engineers have faced one of the most significant problem, which is the misunderstanding between them about DB’s data structures and how to access DB’s data.

2. So, to address the problem, I’d like you to develop or integrate a tool which make us describe DB’s data structures with general notation, like ER diagram.

3. In addition, I’d like the above tool to relate a data and a design object to prevent the Web designer create any user-interfaces which conflict the DB design policy created by the Server Side Engineer.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add the possibility for black-to-white gradients to work as feathering for masks when clipping them to an underlying object.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. XD should be able to replicate CSS.

white-space: nowrap;

...is not reproducible on XD currently.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I often have to rename an element on the fly so it's not messing up the animations. To do this now I have to go and switch the left pane from the Assets pane to Layers and find my element and right click rename then switch it back to Assets because that's what I use most.

Clicking on an element and see its properties I should be able to quickly rename it ) and always see its name.

In addition to the name you could show if it's a group and even how many objects are within the group. If…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)