Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. I realize XD has a "Zoom to Selection" command (Cmd-3 on Mac), but it would be better if the default behavior for zoom (Cmd-plus) would center the zoom view on a selected object, just like InDesign and Illustrator do.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would like to line up text of different sizes not in the same point text frame on the baseline rather than have the text align to the supposed bounding box. Illustrator does it right. See the screenshots attached to see what the difference is. Browsers align to the text baseline, so XD should handle it the same way without me needing to draw a line to do it. It’s a waste of time.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. To work faster, we should have a keyboard shortcut to turn on/off the responsive resize mode. It's a small update but it will be handy I believe.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Like the title says, i would like to use the layout and pixel grid at the same time to get the maximum out of it. For example when you have a 8px soft grid and want to find your layout grid you have to switch between these.

When both are active than they just overlay (maybe with pixelgrid beeing in the bg).

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The title really says what I’m looking for. Recently completed features that I thought were getting close to solving this include:
    - Keep symbols as symbols when pasting between documents: DONE.
    - Name symbols: DONE.

But-- what I'm looking for is the ability to paste symbols between XD documents without the symbol being duplicated. I'd like it to detect that the new document already has a symbol with the same name as the one being pasted in, and prompt me, letting me choose between:
    1) Use symbol in current document
    2) Replace symbol in this document with the one being…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• It would be cool to have shortcuts to increase/decrease the width of elements. In Sketch you can press (cmd+left/right bracket) to do this.
    • A shortcut to rename layers would also be really helpful.
    • It would also be great to have the ability to select a layer and move it without accidentally touching other layers. In sketch you can also do this by pressing alt+cmd.

Thank you! :)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When I create a symbol, XD current adds a symbol, but it does not set keyboard focus to that symbol's name.

This means that I have to move my mouse over to the Symbol section of the Assets panel, double-click that symbol and then type the name. This is a pain, particularly when creating a lot of symbols.

Instead, when I press Ctrl+K and a new symbol is created, I would like the field to be opened for renaming and my keyboard focus to be set to there. The same thing should happen if I create a symbol in another…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  7. Currently, holding down the alt key (Windows) shows measurements between objects much like how Sketch works. The problem though is that I can't hold both the alt key down and move an object at the same time. I typically used to like to measure distances while moving objects in Sketch, but I don't see this possibility in XD. Right now I have to measure with the alt hotkey and then move, stop, remeasure etc. I'd enjoy being able to both at the same time like Sketch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Because InDesign is such a powerful layout tool, it's textframe options are very helpful in typography (rightclick textframe > textframe options). It allows you to adjust padding inside of the text frame by the unit as well as vertical alignement.

I know there are other requests for these items separately but I believe XD is capable of having text frames similar to that of InDesign and these would belong together.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make XD Images like InDesign.

Please make the way XD manipulates and imports images exactly like InDesign. With easy resizing, cropping, and layer properties like (hard light, etc).

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Asset names and text boxes should become editable when the F2 key is pressed since F2 is universally known as the 'edit' key. It allows for a more efficient workflow.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• draw a rectangle
    • adjust the round of corner
    • adjust width & height to fit the parent shape

- drop an vertical image into the rectangle (all good)

• select the group, rotate 90degree
    • copy the group of shapes (including parents shapes and the rect inside)
    • paste
    • try to drop a new vertical image into the rectangle (NOK) (we will find the image is rotated, as the new group is created with 'rotation info' inherited from the original one.)

can we have 'paste as new'?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If I want to use auto animate to have an object/group move onto the screen from off of it (or vice versa), I have to group it with an invisible object that stays on the screen so that XD knows the object/group is a part of that artboard when it is off-screen. I could be totally missing a way around this but I can't find anything about it online. If there was a way to assign an object to an artboard even if it isn't touching said artboard, that would fix this problem.

Essentially this makes adding new animations a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support variables like {{userName}}

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Align to pixel grid does not work on some vector elements.

The option works for some elements, but some others refuse to snap to grid/resize when using this option.

When i resize these resistant vectors to have no decimal point and use "align to pixel grid" it will change the H/W and X/Y to have decimal points once again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It gets a little crazy when there are a lot of objects and a lot of groups. It would be really cool if you could drag down through the lock/visibility icons like you could in Photoshop or Illustrator to very quickly show/hide or lock/unlock a series of items instead of having to keep creating deeper and deeper groups.

Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As a user who works with design systems and color palettes often, it would speed up my workflow considerably, if I could select a color swatch directly without opening the color palette.
    A quick selector that openes on hover and shows the swatches could be a nice solution.
    Or color shortcuts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. To remove a swatch from the color picker you drag it off the popup.
    https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/1063510766135853057

Well this is a bit obtuse and I only recently learned of it.

Perhaps a tooltip or a right click context menu so this feature is a bit more accessible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1,046 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. As a user I would like to be able to scroll through screens using Ctrl+Arrow Keys while maintaining the zoom I have on the current artboard when a single artboard is selected (or more up to you).

This would be most handy for me in when checking my designs and using Ctrl+3 which fit the screen to the window as the zoom in/out is tedious and takes up a lot of time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)