Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Hi, could it be possible to have a preview of the file selected in Finder Window?

Sometimes we have different files for the project and it would be helpful to be able to preview the content of the file without opening. (see attached)

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Able to remove an artboard from the prototype arrow navigation

I understand how the upload works, but i have a project where it would be nice to decide wich artboard can be accessible using arrows from the prototype.

My prototype start with a Dashboard, on the side menu (main nav), when you click a button, i want to show how the submenu will appear and its conent.

So i decided to make an artboard for the side menu only and wire my button with the submenu artboard and incrustate it in my dashboard artboard. Everything goes smooth and works exactly…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. So this feature would be super helpful for publishing work on sites like dribbble or portfolio sites.

Have a button or an option to export all artboards (in prototype mode) showing their connectors, kind of like you do now, however: 1) no over lapping lines (meaning there is an auto "jump" for lines that over lap), 2) customizable isometric views 3) ability to export everything in 1 view, with options to add shadows, background colors, etc...

This would save HOURS in generating work for presentation, which is a critical part of growing in the profession of design. Since most deliverables…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We are testing XD as a replacement for visually spec'ing on the web. It would be great if we could specify screen positions for elements that either are floating center vertically within a column, floating 30% above the bottom of a column, 30px from the bottom of a column, etc. Essentially, it would be helpful to be able to communicate position as a container percentage, as well as a way to communicate that this element's positioning is relative to the top, middle, or bottom of an element.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We currently don’t reference to center and bottom, but we do use a fixed viewport. This means that your object can be 30px off the bottom of the viewport and will stay there if the fixed element selection is turned on. Similarly, if you position your object at the center of your viewport, it’ll stay there if the position is set. While the way you think of it is different than your developer, it should at least look the same.

5. Hi, when I use overlay, the green box doesn't snap to anything so it would be great to make it snap, so the placement can be pixel-precise.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. After reviewing shared prototype it's hard to see it there were any updates made to the file.

It would be nice to have option "notify me on updates" that will let me know whenever the author updates the prototype.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Similar to the way the other apps (illustrator, photoshop, indesign, after effects) work it would be great if we can place linked artboards into XD.

Linked files/artboards would allow us to update the source file and have the artwork update automatically within XD.

Using CC Libraries doesn't work the same way because libraries can only store individual assets, versus multiple assets that can be stored within an illustrator or photoshop file.

A specific use case might be where a complex set of illustrations made in illustrator/photoshop needs color adjustments by a client.

With CC libraries one would have to update…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There's no way of knowing if there's a comment added to design spec unless you actually click the comment icon - and that icon is not very visable or explanatory. Would be nice if there was some sort of visual cue marker letting me know if the spec file contains comments or not. I checked with several developers both inhouse and externally and none of them knew I had placed comments cause its totally out of sight and mind when there's nothing warning them - like a red icon or a marker somewhere for instance? As it is now I…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. At the moment I realise a prototype, everyone comments on it and if I update the prototype the comments are lost.

I think it would be really cool if comments were maintained if i republish a prototype.
    Maybe the comments could be labelled with a page release version number or date so i can hid them - but I don't want to lose the comments, i want the person who left the comment to be able to marked the problem they highlighted as solved.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The addition of a few features to the right click menu in the assets panel would definitely improve productivity.

1. Rename - The ability to right click and rename objects in the assets panel would greatly improve the ability to organize objects instead of the current method of navigating to list view and then renaming objects.

2. Edit - The ability to right click and edit any asset (as is currently possible only with colors) would be extremely useful for assets that are used infrequently in large projects that would have to be found manually and changed on the canvas.

3. Export -…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Similar to Zoom In Cmd+1=100%, Cmd+2= 200% it would be nice to have Zoom Out, say Cmd+Shift+2 = 50%

Currently the only way to go 50% from keyboard is hit Cmd+- twice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Will be very helpful to be able to place precisely the overlays with measurement informations, like in the design mode.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. it would be great if there was an easier way to replace images within a symbol other than drag&dropping from an outside folder (which is a bit WTF right now), such as a replace element option or similar

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Right now, it is hard to manage overrides. Please can we have it on the right hand menu when selecting a symbol so we can override from there?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please made hot keys for "Lock/Unlock All" & "Hide/Unhide all" like it realise in Illustrator - cmd + 2 (cmd + alt + 2) & cmd + 3 (cmd + alt + 3)

Allow hot keys for hide/unhide Layout working not depending select you page or not!

Create rules and guides, please! and hot keys for it too!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please give users the option of scaling the prototype to browser width instead of just a straight - "view actual size" fullscreen option. It makes prototyping useless if we can't fit the prototype to the browser window.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The title really says what I’m looking for. Recently completed features that I thought were getting close to solving this include:
    - Keep symbols as symbols when pasting between documents: DONE.
    - Name symbols: DONE.

But-- what I'm looking for is the ability to paste symbols between XD documents without the symbol being duplicated. I'd like it to detect that the new document already has a symbol with the same name as the one being pasted in, and prompt me, letting me choose between:
    1) Use symbol in current document
    2) Replace symbol in this document with the one being…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If a dash and gap lengths do not evenly go around the circumference of an object, a merged dash will occur, making it uneven. To avoid the merge or the incorrect gap on the top, XD would have to average/modify the gaps or the lengths so to automatically change values for those. I hope to see this option implemented for border strokes in the future.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. User should be able to use a soft return (shift+return) to break a line of text without adding paragraph spacing .

306 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Many Web designers, Front Engineers and Server Side Engineers have faced one of the most significant problem, which is the misunderstanding between them about DB’s data structures and how to access DB’s data.

2. So, to address the problem, I’d like you to develop or integrate a tool which make us describe DB’s data structures with general notation, like ER diagram.

3. In addition, I’d like the above tool to relate a data and a design object to prevent the Web designer create any user-interfaces which conflict the DB design policy created by the Server Side Engineer.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)