Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. The "Paste Appearance" command to copy/paste an already placed image into another frame or shape is very useful, but I'm afraid no user will expect the feature to be named and used in that way. I've tested it with some course attendees (by asking them "What command would you expect?") and they all answered "Paste Into". Even with the "Paste Appearance" command available to them in sight (under the right-click or menu command), they overlooked it.

Users don't expect such an image to be an aspect of "appearance". And besides that, it took Adobe Illustrator about 15 years to get…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. There should be a way to easily identify unconnected screens.
    And/or there should be a way to remove ALL connections, so I don't need to make one connection to display all screens in design spec.

Background: I'm always having the same problem: I connect my screens in prototype mode, upload the design specs, developers are getting the link and then a screen is missing. Then I'm editing it, connecting it again or add/modify screens, I upload it again and the developer sees only the connected screens. This makes me so crazy sometimes because finding out which screen is not connected…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Generate specs to be to the end of the last letter vs. the actual text box

It would be nice if the developer can see the height of the text based on the baseline rather than the text box itself. Sometimes text boxes are much longer than the copy inside of them (if the designer forgets to reduce the height of the box), then the developer will not get an accurate reading of padding between elements because the box is oversized.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. As an added feature, similar to what Avacode and Sympli provide, it would be nice to display the layers panel in design spec mode. The user can select a layer and it will highlight in the document art board.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently you can see the hex color code and copy to your clipboard (i.e. #ffffff). To save a step in programming, it would be nice to copy a code snippet instead (i.e. background-color: #f0f0f0;).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need better distinction between layers and groups in the layers panel. Possible solution: color blocks, a darker grey block of color behind groups or the ability to color code layers/groups like in Photoshop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I think it would be helpful if the Character Styles were listed in groups in order of the font that has the largest size. Since devs are usually programming things by defining the biggest to smallest (H1 > H2 > H3 > P), this would help us to see what we're up against. Next, if we added in a second font weight with a variety of colors, we would collect by the size-1st, color-2nd and weight-3rd (favoring the lighter weight to be listed first).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Muse has a great function for moving objects vertically. If you select an object an arrow appears on the left which allows you to move this object and all objects below it together without selecting or grouping it.

This would be very helpful while designing layouts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I love Adobe XD, but this small interaction consistently drives me insane – and it is when you try to highlight any text within a text box and Adobe XD deselects what you're trying to highlight far too easily.

This routinely slows me down and I have to either perform the action slower or multiple times to maintain the selection.

I know it sounds minor in the grand scheme of things, but it's actually quite infuriating.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I'd like to be able to prototype a functional slider. I can currently achieve this effect my duplicating the entire artboard and switching out the slide content, but the load time when clicking through the slider is incredibly slow, and can be off-putting to clients. Also, utilizing this method means that if the design is altered even minutely, I have to delete all the duplicated artboards, then duplicate the main artboard again, replace the slide contents, and prototype it all again as well. It can be incredibly time consuming. I've attached a screenshot of a recent one-page website that had…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. This request is from my developers. They asking if it is possible to have scrollbars on the individual screen views instead of the just the panning. Their complaint is that when the screens are really long, it takes a while scrolling with your mouse scroll wheel versus grabbing a scrollbar and dragging it to the bottom or desired location much quicker.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Company SharePoint site to be used. IT does not allow publish to be used because it uses a public storage site.

Allow IT to configure the publish service to publish links to prototypes only to the company SharePoint site. Allowing IT to control access and protect IP.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. To create modal dialogs for desktop prototypes, overlays should not be dismissed when clicking outside the overlay area.
    Modal dialogs, unlike menus or tooltips, need a specific user dismissal event and it would be nice to have an option to choose how to dismiss the overlay.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! You can currently do this by setting a transparent rectangle in the background of your overlay. I’ll leave this open to track the issue.

15. A symbol is highlighted with a green frame when hovering over it and with the same green frame when it is selected. I would like a distinguishable visual indicator for when a symbol is actually selected.

Maybe just finally introduce resizing symbols, then you can display handles around the selection frame, just like any other object! ;)
    -> https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/16939339-scale-resize-symbols-individually

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Instead of having to create the same hotspot multiple times (back buttons, navigation menu etc) could we have a feature where you can save the hotspots you've already created and be able to reuse them across multiple screens (similar to invision's hotspot prototyping feature)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hi Dear Adobe Team,

Recently I started working on Adobe XD, I like really liked the whole product. But there are some advancement kind of features we all designers are waiting for. So I'm suggesting a feature that is ability to select all text elements from all artboards or selected artboards, even if they are grouped with another elements. Because converting all text elements of a very heavy project can be annoying.

Hoping to see this feature in future, it will help all designers in the world.

Thanks in advance,
    Milan Gautam

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. When selecting an object on the scene with a color, the color swatches should indicate the current selected color.

See attachment for suggestion

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Either display the last edit/change in the window title where the file name resides or better yet, each artboard also displays the last change time and date. This is very important for large companies which has multiple designers working on a single file.

Please see attached mockup, refer to the middle window title.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  20. Requested by my dev team. Who knows why....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)