Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I request a list of CSS styles in the shared design (dev > inspect) to follow the component thought further. It would be great if we could have a component list where we could select a component and see all CSS styles of all elements defined within the component.

A component developer could see all required layers and styles for selected component.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/ae243bf4-8b78-420a-44a3-bd6b08f0301f-d815/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When working with the gradient tool modal, if you create, say a third gradient point, and you want to undo that, you can't. But then when you go back to the main screen of the app, select that gradient window and combo the undo request it works.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I'm a user from Photoshop and I'm used to double click on the layer Text icon to edit text content in the artboard. I think this should be a good feature to apply to XD

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  4. As a UX Designer i want to have ability to copy an object of any type and then paste and replace multiple Text, Vectors, Images and Components with it in a single action.

How it should work.
    1. Select an object (source) and use a standard copy action. cmd + C
    2. Select one or multiple objects (targets) on one or multiple artboards. The objects can be all different types.
    3. Use an action "paste and replace"

What will happen: the object in clipboard replaces the selected objects.

Position: all pasted objects take the same position as the targets.
    Width:…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sometimes designers forget to name their layers and hand them off via the design spec sheet. It would be nice to be able to see a preview of the graphic on the specs sidebar when you click it on the artboard.

For example I click an image on the artboard, and the spec sidebar it tells me that i've clicked on Group 114, but I'm not exactly sure if it's the graphic that I need because it's a grouped layer. I know I can right click to view layers, but it would just a be a whole lot more convenient…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When I create a point-text or a area-text objects and then rotate them, a bit, and then want to edit the text, the orientation changes back to rectangle, and then back to the proper orientation; this is distracting and confusing. Why not allow the orientation to remain the way the user intended it to be, same as in PS?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  7. Working with developer on same file with same font (Gotham Pro, OTF format) on macOS and Windows. Showing font is completely wrong on Windows. It make XD useless!
    XD is latest version on booth machines.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I was learning about the eyedroper tool and realized that the eyedropper was picking up any color within the application itself at current zoom. So in other words say I had a 1px orange border on an object; at zoom 100% it would pick up either a fill orange or a few lines of gradient on either side. If I did the same source at say 300% zoom, it would just show that it's a solid border of orange. This is very confusing

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When I visit the link in User Testing Sharing Mode I first get this notification "Press esc to exit full-screen mode" It begins the user experience with an extra click that has been perceived as a nuisance. Why not turn this notification into something more useful for us facilitators... like a "start test button". How cool would it be if when this "start test" button is clicked" the actions the user takes to achieve their goal gets recorded (much like when recording a video in prototyping mode)?

Just this one feature alone would be a HUGE value add for both…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Admin →
  10. I should be able to select an actual artboard (like in PS) when using the artboard tool. Right now the artboard tool only lets you create artboards with a click. Currently I have to scroll up or zoom out, then click the name of the artboard in order to select it, in order to make modifications. A similar functionality to Illustrator would be helpful (Shift+O to enter artboard edit mode).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add feathericon set plugin.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  12. I'm hoping this idea is just an add on from the current Scroll action.

At the moment you can create a button etc and link it to a certain area on your artboard. It then automatically scrolls to that area once clicked.

My idea is to have this same feature, but with an option to jump and scroll to a specific area on another artboard.

It will make the user journey so much better when using things like quick links etc

279 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. With Envato Elements increasingly gaining in popularity I would love to see the elements available on that platform integrated into the Adobe and Adobe XD offering. I currently use and love Envato Elements, so please make this happen :D

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. make a paypal plugin, would be nice to have an editable one you can add in xd

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  15. I'm a new user who just started a UX/UI bootcamp, and unfortunately (or fortunately) the video guides are already outdated. One thing I found very strange is that in the older versions you could have an individual grid layout for each art board, but now it looks like it's all or nothing, though it seems you still can individually change the square or or column variables of each grid overlay on each artboard separately.

This makes no sense. Say that I'm building a UI for for mobile and website, they would definitely be using a different grid overlay types and…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be great to have a filter effect having gaussian blur, radial blur and other effect functionality to add in Adobe XD . As in i could save time instead of doing entire work in Illustrator

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If I want to Auto-animate from the bottom of a scrollable artboard to a smaller one, the scaling of the artboard doesn't animate. If it could, it would be a useful feature in prototyping multi-step flows with views of varying height.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A research tab included with; Design, Prototype, and Share tabs. Research could house UI kits, personas, empathy maps, journey maps, sketches, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It can be great to be able to prototype complex animations and interactions. It can help us create more concrete prototypes with mouse and scroll animations or also infinite loop animations.

Detail of the idea in this article : https://uxplanet.org/the-killer-feature-im-waiting-for-in-our-modern-design-tools-87c3a5d3c4b3

Summary of the idea :
    A 3 step process which allow you an infinity of possibilities by customizing each property with a math formula. We add syntax highlighting to help designers differentiate dynamic properties, static properties and constants or math functions.
    Then, AdobeXD previewer will “just” have to recalculate and update these properties at a 60 Hz frequency to make…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)