Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Since iOS filenaming convention doesn't allow "_" and Android Asset naming convention doesn't all "-" can the asset names be renamed internally when we choose either iOS or Android Platform?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When the master file that has a linked component is deleted/moved the component cannot be made local. So if you have a corrupt file, that you are able to copy and paste to a new document (Adobe suggested debug/fix) and you delete the corrupt file, the component is left a component with a broken link.

"Unlinking" the component turns it into a group. So if you used that component on multiple art boards you have to replace them all (no easy way to do that...). If you go into the assets panel and click the dropdown and "x" out the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enterprise IBM Application now supports Google Polymer 1 & 3 design patterns and it would be great to connect Adobe XD to the application - currently done through text editor, jar files.. etc.

I'd love to work with your guys if anyone is interested in building a plugin.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like to use xd to preview color schemes from Coolors

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When you grab the edge of a box, it snaps to the layout grid when resizing. However this doesn't work when you grab the corner handle.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I just was able to reproduce your issue, and it looks like an issue with off-pixel objects while dragging on the corner. Thanks for your feedback – I’ll pass this along to the team that owns this area.

6. It would be nice to be able to see a preview on the sidebar of the element that you clicked from the main artboard. That would make it just quicker for devs to download what they need, especially when clicking on layers that are buried beneath other layers. I know you can right click and select the layer you need, but sometimes layers aren't named properly, and it'll just be a great quality of life improvement to be able to preview what you are clicking on the main artboard. Most design spec platforms already have this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There is a workflow where people work on picking different types of shades of colors as a part of their designs they are working for.
    It would a great asset if the color picker would allow the users to work through it with a better workflow

Prototype example Link: https://blog.prototypr.io/an-updated-color-picker-for-practicality-adobexd-294d5e4e5f92?source=friends_link&sk=84ed163845b694ea96a197be1b24d992

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A plugin that would put your designs into Hubspot (and still be editable by content creators) without having to do coding.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If a component is shared across all artboards (e.g. a navigation or toolbar), it would be helpful to be able to paste it on all (or multiple) artboards in one go. It would save a lot of time, compared to having to paste it manually every time

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. My Idea: A Mirror Plugin
    You could select up to 2 shapes or more, and an option to mirror would appear as a circle beside the shape. You could drag this circle up or down, and it would mirror the shape(s) around. When you let go, it would create those shapes.

This plugin would be useful to me because it would be easy to make circles with shapes built-in to them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Select All Objects Down/Up

Similar to how A [select all to right] works in Premiere, this feature would select all objects within the active artboard below or above where the user clicks. This would save time usually spent zooming out and drawing a marquee around the desired objects to readjust spacing, etc.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. To fix a bottom bar inside the interface to the bottom screen you have to fix it to the viewport height (Current-behavior.png). The problem is when I would like to export my mockup I expect the bottom bar on the bottom of my mockup not in the middle like inside the expected-one.png.

Because it's painful to change all your mockups to export them and after to re-move the bottom bar to have a prototype that will work properly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Different size of main and overlay artboard causes big problem with prototype. If contents of overlay isn't bigger then a main artboard why shoud I design whole new overlay for responsive design?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Groups could have an auto-layout feature that orders elements vertically and horizontally with a fixed spacing.

There could be group states which would be similar to component states.

Group states could change based on artboard width or viewport height while maintaining position in artboard.

The groups feature could be renamed to containers, wrappers or frames. Or this could be a separate feature from groups.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I share my access rights on a prototype and I select the option, invited persons only and users have sharing rights. I no longer have to accept and receive requests to view the prototype from invited users, I can accept or refuse those from people who have received a share link from my guests.

Thank you in advance!

Have a nice day and take care of yourself :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I make heavy use of the ability to copy an artboard as a raster image, so I can quickly paste images into other apps (Teams, Confluence, Target Process, etc.).

I design at 1x, but I'd really love it if the artboards were copied at 2x so I can preserve full fidelity when viewing the pasted images on retina screens.

Any chance there could be an option to copy at 1x or 2x?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  17. In Figma, I was using this plugin called Tumble in which with one click of a mouse, everything that is selected will fall in the artboard. I was wondering if someone would make a plugin for that for Adobe XD. Glad that will help. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. While the current spellcheck is great when you are typing, there's currently no way of running spellcheck across all your artboards in a project.

I end up copying and pasting a lot of text into a design when I'm working but there's no guarantee that the spelling and grammar is correct. Currently, I would have to go through each text area individually.

It would be fantastic if this improvement could be considered.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For Jira Server plugin, setup the configuration to prevent new projects from being added to the Adobe XD group.

because only a small section of users in our system will find the plugin useful we do not want new projects to have the Adobe plugin enabled by default. This is because of how the XD plugin is displayed in the middle of the Jira issue, which is more intrusive to users who do not want to use the plugin.

If not possible is it possible to have the XD plugin show on the side bar and display in middle if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When I have many svg's I want to know how many so I can arrange them in columns

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)