Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I have very old comments that might have been resolved before, but i can't delete or find out where are the comments, there is no way to delete or resolve this comments, clicking on them it gets me to the wrong artboard and I can't replicate the actions to make this comments appear, either give us the option to delete this comments or improve the display of this comments inside components.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I am using component states for currency icons (dollar, Euro, etc). I'd love to be able to search for "Euro" even though that instance/state is tied to a master component labeled "Currency".

Breakdown: Type "Euro" into the search field and the Currency icon appears because one of its states is called "Euro". This will let me know the state I am trying to find lives in the Currency icon. Could be very helpful for others I have shared the components with to be able to find the right icon state.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The ability to allow someone with permissions (client, writer, etc.) to edit the content directly from the shared link, like an editor mode.

This would streamline my agency's workflow when we hire an outside writer to create content for a site, or help the client insert content themselves, creating more clarity, and reducing back and forth.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to have a feature that allow me to drop a screen capture of a web page and make some kind of "trace" like in Illsutrator, but in this case Adobe XD would create vector elements for every item that detects on the image. Like an OCR for an image.

I have to redraw pages sometimes and this would save a lot of time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want to prioritize my and others' feedback. It is easy to fix based on priority. Currently, they are numbered in the pinning order, but apart from that, I would like to have the ability to prioritize fixes. I really like the feedback feature, so I hope it will be easier to use in the future.

自分および他人のフィードバックに優先順位を付けたい
    自分および他人のフィードバックに優先順位を付けたいです。優先順位に基づいて修正しやすいためです。現在は、ピン留め順に番号がふられていますが、それとは別に修正の優先順位をつける機能が欲しいです。フィードバック機能はとても気に入ってるので、今後より使いやすくなるの期待しています。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently when I right-click on a color or style in the assets panel and choose "highlight on canvas," all elements using that color or style will be outlined in blue. This is problematic when my design uses a similar blue, making it hard to see. I would like to be able to customize the highlight color to bright pink or some other color not used in my design so that it is very easy to see all highlighted elements at a glance.

Same feature was requested and described well on StackExchange here: https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/136145/can-i-change-the-color-used-by-highlight-on-canvas-feature

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Having the ability to show the client the ideal user flow would be helpful. It would be great to have annotations that are separate from comments in the design review link. Even something as simple as having each commenter have a different color pin.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. (ungroup image and shape for dragged images)

If you place an image into a shape (by drag and drop from a folder), you can't afterwards ungroup it as you do with Mask with shape. It's painful when you want to just get rid of the frame to use the image at original size and proportions!
    Please add this option

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Scenario:

I have a group of objects, on top of that group is a transparent image; I'm using it as a guide. I would like to be able to select an object in the group behind the image.

Current behavior and notes:

This may seem like a crazy notion, because another object is cover the group completely, but it seems that if I select an object from that group u sing the side left panel, that object shows to be actively selected, with the blue rectangle, but the moment I touch that object with the mouse, the topmost image takes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When you are trying to delete a componenst off of your Assets list, sometimes you will check if its still on your canvas using the "Highlight on Canvas" option.

Then the blue notification bar sometimes appears with "0 instances of this component found", which is fine.

However, you need to click "X" to get rid of the notification every time. Instead of being able to quickly click ESC or something. This makes it hard (or should i say tedious) to do quick scan of the next component, because the blue notification linger around and may not apply to the new…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If I create an object that's #000 and adjust the alpha value of it to say 5% XD cannot currently tell me what the hex value of that object is, it only says: #000000, 5%. In order to find out, I need to copy the object into Photoshop to find the actual hex value. Can you add the ability to determine what the value is without having to open a new app? Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Real time collaborations with others similar to Figma. Right now the feature has a very long delay/lag time

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Today, I accidentally deleted an artboard that I worked really hard on without realizing it was gone until there was noway I could command + Z enough times to bring it back without overhauling a bunch of other work (Luckily my coworker had a backup on his computer of the file but still not ok that it happened). Artboards aren't a simple shape. They can have a lot of content on them. You should most definitely at the very least have a pop-up that says "are you sure you want to delete this?" for art boards before it is deleted…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m changing this to reflect your first request; unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you have only one suggestion per ticket. You can upvote or file the second one if you’re interested in Photoshop-style history.

14. I have a component with various states. When shared, any comments added when "state 2" is active, currently show up in "Default State" as well.

It would be nice if comments stuck to component states, and were only visible when that state is active.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'm liking the simplicity of XD; good work! That said, one of the most powerful tools that I am missing from InDesign is the gradient feather tool. Of all the CC apps, InDesign has absolutely nailed functionality when it comes to total control of a gradient feather. Much simpler than Illustrator and Photoshop. Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I noticed I cannot put a Hover-Interaction on a component to trigger an overlay. When I use Hover, it only allows switching between states. And when I set a new Element and try to let it trigger an Overlay, the Option "Hover" is not even given in the Interaction-Menü.

Is this a bug or a non-improvement?

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  18. If I set guides on an artboard and then create a repeating grid on it, it would be nice if when editing the spacing between the objects in a repeating grid can snap to those guides.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  19. I have a scenario where I have 3 artboards, along those artboards I have three shapes as a repeating grid; I fill those shapes with images, and now want to place that grid atop an artboard by not part of it. This may seem strange, but in this example I'm recreating a screen, so essentially want to have those three images as transparent to work as guides.

Currently any object placed atop an artboard becomes part of that artboard, so in my case that repeating grid of images is hidden outside the first artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It is nice that you can link assets across documents, however it would also be nice to see a notes modal about things like the user that created the change, if the change has been approved an finalized for you to implement, as well as date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)