Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It would be great if the assets library in Adobe Xd be exported to the design specs. In that way developers will be able to get a general specification sheets from the designer. Designers can even create classes for each font and name the colors based on there branding standards.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Make a new icon for "batch export". The same icon is used for a different part if the interface to "open in browser". One icon should never be used to convey two different meanings unless they are also labeled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If you do Paste Appearance on an image it will paste everything including the bitmap data of the original, which is not useful (there's duplciate/copy function for that). I would like to paste specific attribute such as Shadow and nothign else.

Copy and paste appearance attribute e.g. Shadow

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Request you please add feature : we share our prototype link direct on mobile number, email etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Switch colors between fill and border color option

Allow switching fill and border color. I mean, pressing a button and what is fill color will be border color mutually.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The introduction of Auto-Animate has introduced some problems. The main two arise from objects' opacity being being set to 0% and the fact that objects need to be placed off the artboard in order to create the effect of them moving into place.

In both of these cases, the objects become invisible and in the case of the latter they either interfere with adjacent artboards or the artboards need to be placed far enough from each other to allow for the elements around them, which creates a mess.

The problem of opacity could easily be tackled by introducing a new…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like the ability to decide what is included in the "grid gap" between shapes for example I would like to choose to ignore shape effects such as shadows.

Currently (v14) I need to mentally subtract the width of the shadow from the repeat grid spacing to ensure the layout is displayed correctly for development.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. During Adobe MAX they said that we would be able to demo our prototypes using an Alexa Echo device, but I don't see any official rollout for this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I am working in a bank. And using a tool that requires you to log in another site (logging in Adobe account to use Adobe XD) is forbidden.
    We are hoping we can use Adobe XD offline or at least have an enterprise solution that allows the usage of Adobe XD within the corporate servers only.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. Do we need to have these on separate tabs? Sketch and Studio use the same window with a different tool. I feel slowed down by switching tabs constantly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Displaying the icon in browsers and launcher icons (iOS, Android) improves the experience with the user tests and the open a lot of opurtunities to experiment as a designer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When clicking the drop down list to select an artboard to link to it would be useful to order the list of artboards by:

1) The order in which they appear in xd: Left to right and then down and across
    2), Or order by name

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Just like most adobe tools, it's possible to customize your work space, would be great to have that in XD.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When we try to create and interaction between artboards, it would be great if the names of the artboards appear in alphabetical order on the list in the interaction popup window.

In addition, it would be great if we could type the name of the artboard and automatically find the chosen one (like in search engines).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The current way the paste functionality works is counterintuitive when pasting elements on multiple artboards.
    If I select multiple artboards, it's because I want to paste the same object in the same place on all artboards. Right now if an artboard is not in the viewport the object is not pasted, and if an artboard is partially visible the object is pasted in the center of the visible area.
    There should be a way (modifier key or global preference) that allows the user to control the paste behavior

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When closing a file, can we please have the option for hotkeys as in D for Don't Save, and S for Save, like InDesign, etc; eliminating the need to actually click on the button

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Please provide to the Overflow plugin the prototyping links.
    Other tools just do that.

Without this feature we have to redesign all the navigation.
    Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. One of the main reasons we use Sketch is because of the infinite canvas. For large web projects, there can easily be 60+ artboards at 1920px width, which would run into the edge of XD's canvas. Please make it infinite - it's also very annoying trying to zoom into an artboard at the edge of the canvas, since you can't center the artboard in the view properly.

1,526 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would really like to see the masking features of Photoshop in Xd. In terms of masking Xd is really lacking. People would really appreciate if they can use the shortcuts like Alt+click on layer to direct mask and other similar features of photoshop.

Its really frustrating to keep switching between Photoshop and Xd while making an UI

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Having the ability to click an element within an overlayed artboard to cause other interactions on the original artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)