Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Use pixel values for letter-spacing and line height rather than whatever Adobe uses right now so that it's easier to translate the specs to CSS

Use percentages or relative values to size objects and type.
    eg: I want this object to be 50% of the artboard width

Add padding and margin pixel values to text to generate buttons. Similar to how you are able to create buttons out of text in illustrator (see: https://youtu.be/fiTnlCCXTBo?t=1m46s)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When sending files to After Effects, add ability for paths that are grouped together to come in as a single shape layer, instead of multiple parented shape layers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to save images in a specific location when sending to AE. I noticed it gets saved to the local disk, but our team works on a server so that isn't ideal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The new overlay feature is great. But a wonderful small improvement would be to allow us to use the slide transitions but to specify where to slide in from. That way, we could have elements enter and exit from specific points on the artboard.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I've seen hundreds of newbies get their hands on Xd for the first time, and they always hit the separate corners button before setting the desired value, not understanding that the value entry box is already related to the button on the left. Please re-arrange them and use a more conventional and intuitive mapping of these buttons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Got it! Thanks for the clarification and the suggestion. I’ve edited the title to be more concise and applicable to your suggestion, and I’ll leave it open for others to upvote.

6. Clear alignment of objects relative to each other. This means that if we want to align one object to the center of another, it must be aligned exactly to the center, even if the dimensions of the object being aligned are not even. For example,10,4x12, 8px.

Now it is implemented as in the picture in the attachment and it is very inconvenient, because you have to align the input coordinates XY manually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1,045 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The fonts in XD are so crisp on windows. I kinda like lost my soul of using it there compared to figma.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  9. Break a large text box into separate point text. I have a list that I pasted onto a text box. I want to break that text box into point text for each line with one click.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Currently, when we have a group containing a text element and a rectangle (e.g. for a button), when resizing the group to make it smaller, the font size changes. It would be good to have an option to disable this behavior, because often we want to make a group smaller, because the button should be smaller, but not change the font size.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Like Sketch, please keep the link when exporting to Zeplin.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When you adjust the line height it should make the text box around the text adjust vertically. Right now when the "point-text" box type is selected it does not.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would suggest you to update new features that supports augmented reality app ux design.

More than 200 companies working on Augmented Glasses and already launched their working prototype. For example microsoft hololens.

This is the feature of technology and adobe must updated before someone takeover in market.

Let me know if you need more information.
    Thank you.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We would like to have the ability for a user previewing an XD prototype to use interface components in the prototype that would cause data to be displayed in the prototype from a Google Sheet. This would allow us to test earlier in our product development cycle.

For an example of this requested feature, let's say we are prototyping a Google style text search application. The interface contains a simple search text input field and a button. The data being queried would exist in a Google Sheet.

The requested feature would allow the user testing the prototype to type in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make it possible to fluidly transforma between objects stored as symbols, text, rectangles and elipses when using auto-animate, without converting them to paths

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to automatically sync document colours + character styles without manually having to click the plus icon.

Problem:
    Unless you remember to constantly update these the document can quickly lead to inconsistencies between what is on the screen and what is in the assets. The more screens and the bigger the project the harder this is to manage and reference what you have used in other places, which is critical for digital design.

Solution:
    If a new colour or font was added to a screen it would appear under assets automatically. If it was deleted from the screen it would…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hello Folks,

Since layer names become more important. My idea is to have the group name proposed by Adobe XD.

This mainly makes sense if there is a textfield contained in the group and we could leverage this very specific text field entry to populate a default name for the group.

So let's imagine I am designing a list of contacts and I will create several people cards would contain elements as Name (filled with Robert), Phone number, Picture and card background.

If by grouping XD would allow me to reuse the input with in a textfield as group name…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The update/create prototype and design specs buttons work great however, the usage of them is tedious. Allowing the user to click one button to update all generated links for a document using only a single button would speed up prototype iterations significantly. I propose you include an "Update Links" button in the main UI that would update any created link automatically (once those links have been generated.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The ability to assign predefined variables to properties of assets.

i.e. If I have a complicated mock-up and I want to try some different color combinations, I can assign all rectangles that represent cards to one variable, all shapes that represent headers to another, etc. etc. Then testing different color combinations becomes much more efficient.

Currently I have to go through and Individually select each asset and change the properties. Support for variables would significantly reduce design time and effort.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)