Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Users should have different statuses like admin, able to leave comments, just watch, disallow access to specific areas of the prototype.

• sometimes users have to be able to look over an prototype but not to comment

• some users might watch specific parts of a prototype but shell not see others

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Same problem for integrations in Slack and Jira integrations' previews

If I am adding or sharing Adobe XD link of a concrete artboard in some project, e.g.:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/PROJECTID/screen/ARTBOARDID/
    then preview usually is generated not for this concrete artboard that i am sharing, but for the main artboard of the whole project

So in fact it generates for me this link preview:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/PROJECTID/

This is completely illogical, when e.g. in Jira I create a task to implement concrete subpage, but then Adobe XD generates me every time the main page preview...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When previewing for example an Apple watch up there is unnecessary black background which is confusing when the watch has a black background.

Expected preview like on the right
    Observed: Get preview like on the left

Running Adobe XD on Windows 10

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Not sure if this is something XD would do or Protopie.

Currently when exporting to Protopie there are no options aside from which artboards to send. When the elements come over they are all flattened to bitmap images. Protopie seems to have almost the exact same element types as XD but they currently do not link to one another and there is no option to select bitmap or text/editable vector. This is great for text since it means users won't need to have the fonts installed to view the prototype correctly on mobile. But it is a serious issue when…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There should be a way to easily identify unconnected screens.
    And/or there should be a way to remove ALL connections, so I don't need to make one connection to display all screens in design spec.

Background: I'm always having the same problem: I connect my screens in prototype mode, upload the design specs, developers are getting the link and then a screen is missing. Then I'm editing it, connecting it again or add/modify screens, I upload it again and the developer sees only the connected screens. This makes me so crazy sometimes because finding out which screen is not connected…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Similar to the way the other apps (illustrator, photoshop, indesign, after effects) work it would be great if we can place linked artboards into XD.

Linked files/artboards would allow us to update the source file and have the artwork update automatically within XD.

Using CC Libraries doesn't work the same way because libraries can only store individual assets, versus multiple assets that can be stored within an illustrator or photoshop file.

A specific use case might be where a complex set of illustrations made in illustrator/photoshop needs color adjustments by a client.

With CC libraries one would have to update…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It's great that we can customize the height of the viewport in XD. However, it would be very useful to be able to adjust the position at where the viewport starts when entering the page in preview mode.

For example: if I'm making a screen for an instant messaging app, I want to start from the bottom of the design and scroll up the page as to see 'older' messages. But I cannot do this because the view always starts at the top.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The way I would like to see it is like this:

1. First it should have 2 modes: auto and manual. Auto would generate all columns equal based on single column and gutter values. Manual would let you set your columns and gutters at whatever values one wishes.
    2. It needs to be draggable with the mouse and you should be able to see near the grid line the values of the column you are changing.
    3. After the grid is made mouse interactive, the way you would create one grid could be something like this: First you set the first line mirrored…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Maybe a XML file that set the colors of the UI.
    Example:

<themes>
    <theme name="Monokay">
    <toolbarIconsColor>#fff</toolbarIcons>
    <toolbarBackgroundColor>#000</toolbarBackgroundColor>
    <propertiesBackgroundColor>#000</propertiesBackgroundColor>
    </theme>
    </themes>

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The resizing is very intuitive in figma
    where I could just press alt+drag to increase/decrease values

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. So when I design a prototype I might have a Home screen that goes something like this
    Home>A screen>B screen> C screen > Finish

A client might want multiple examples for the same flow so i would need to duplicate the whole flow to something like this:
    Home>a2 screen> b2 screen>c3 screen> finish

The idea:
    Enable sticky overlays if prototype goes through it, replacing key objects on the screens without the need to duplicate all of the screens and slowing the whole prototype down.
    Home>Screen 1 overlay> would result in a1 screen>b1>screen>c1 screen
    Home> screen 2 overlay would result in…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I create a new symbol. I can rename the instances in the layers panel.
    Then, I rename the symbol in the assets panel. This overrides the custom names of the instances of my symbol.

This behavior is inconsistent with the notion of instance in Adobe XD. When I change an element of an instance, all my instances are updated accordingly. There is no notion of a master symbol.

Why can I rename an instance one by one if all the names can be overridden when renaming via the assets panel wherease any UI change in an instance directly affects all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When selecting multiple objects, it could be helpful for cmd + Z to deselect one by one, instead of undoing the last thing you changed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When you hide layout grid in Design mode, you don't just hide it - you turn it off completely. That is a problem, becaouse when you do it, it disappears from Design Specs. So, either rename the command to "Turn off Layout grid" (because that's what really happens) and add another function for just hiding it, or allow its visibility in design spec even when its turned off.

Point is that when you do design you often hide the grid for better visibility. But - when you publish your design spec, you must remember to turn it on in all…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In PS it is possible to create another window for the same document.
    It is very convenient when you're designing icons.

You can work in the first window having like 500% zoom, and preview the result in the second window having 100% zoom at the same time.
    (see the attached image for details)

Adobe XD totally needs such feature!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  16. Additionally to right clicking and selecting paste appearance to drop an image into a frame, it would be awesome if you could drag an image onto a frame and hold it there a second and it will ghost paste it to show what it would look like, then let go and it pastes appearance onto that frame. I find this to be a very intuitive way to paste appearance!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  17. Balsamiq mockups uses the ctrl +scroll keyboard shortcut to zoom in and out. Then by simply adding Shift to that, I can click and drag my canvas around. So Ctrl+Shift+click does the same thing as Spacebar. Why is this useful? I don't need to move my hand from the Ctrl Key over to the spacebar to move around! Adobe XD feels clunkier because it's missing this AWESOME keyboard shortcut. If you don't believe me, try out Balsamiq mockups and tell me that isn't easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Because there are so many XD Plugins, for better user experience, it'd be great when every plugin's developer provide a tutorial on how to use the plugin. The tutorial is to save designer time and effort to figure out how is the plugin works, but try them one by one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The "Paste Appearance" command to copy/paste an already placed image into another frame or shape is very useful, but I'm afraid no user will expect the feature to be named and used in that way. I've tested it with some course attendees (by asking them "What command would you expect?") and they all answered "Paste Into". Even with the "Paste Appearance" command available to them in sight (under the right-click or menu command), they overlooked it.

Users don't expect such an image to be an aspect of "appearance". And besides that, it took Adobe Illustrator about 15 years to get…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a way to limit recurrence of speech playbacks so that the user can reuse an artboard without the speech playback repeating.

I've attached a sample file that combines a speech playback trigger with drag gestures. When you drag the map right, then left, the speech playback triggers a second time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)