Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Moodboard (split window which can appear and disappear)

While designing I have a lot of stuff I look at in my finder as inspiration. How about getting a feature by which I can just tap a button to view a window which presents me with all the different things I collected together for inspiration.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Speed up zoom in/out animation when zooming with keyboard shortcuts

You can delete/reject this if it's mentioned elsewhere.

When using the keyboard (Cmd+ or cmd-) and when using Cmd+opt+mouseclick to zoom out, I feel that I'm wrestling XD regarding the zoom speed.

This for me feels like a stark difference from when I use the macbook's trackpad, It's fast and buttery smooth.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Cannot import XD SVG into Illustrator

イラストレーター(ai)形式の書き出し機能が欲しい。
    書き出したSVGをイラレに持っていくとデータがかなり抜け落ちてしまう。

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I believe the new version of Illustrator released in November had some changes to address this issue. Could you please try again and let us know if this issue is fixed?

Thanks,

-Elaine

11月にリリースされたIllustratorの新しいバージョンでは、この問題に対処するためにいくつかの変更が加えられたと思います。 この問題が修正された場合はもう一度お試しください。

4. Share Online needs to be able to work through corporate proxies/firewall

The Share Online features need to be able to navigate a corporate firewall or proxy that requires user authentication.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Draw swimming lanes on the canvas

Would it be possible to create 'swimming lanes' in order to visualize on which level a certain part of the flow/design operates? I've added a simple visualisation of it, just to illustrate the idea.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Include fold line (scroll viewport boundary) in exported images

Nice to see where your screen ends in the exported images as well as just within the application? This may work especially well in mobile/responsive designs.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pen tool: snap curve control/tangent points to grid

I use the handles snapping to grid functionality extensively when creating icons and other detail-intensive shapes. This is critical to my workflow.

Note from Adobe: curve anchor points (the points the curve pass through) should snap to the grid already. This request is about the curve control points (the two handles on either side of each anchor point, with the tangent line connecting them) snapping to the grid; this does not cause any visible part of the path to align to the grid better, it just helps keep the control points organized and makes it easier to match curves identically…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remember prototype interactions (mouse clicks) so re-recordings are easily repeatable automatically

I think it would be handy if you could set triggers in prototype to record pre defined motion paths for the video e.g: A (Home) to B (Next page) back to A.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adobe Spark icon library

Bring in the awesome simple icons library used for Adobe spark video.

Awesome library simple to use

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Tutorial / video demo of a developer using XD exports to make app/website

We have designed an app in XD. However the dev teams are resistant to accepting the shift from Photoshop to XD. We may have now redesign everything in Photoshop and revert to pixate for prototyping.

Can you provide a detailed video that we can show the dev that shows how exactly they can use export files from XD to code. Please stress on XD exports make their lives easier.

Instead of just defining the export feature, can you explain on what are the practical applications of the different types of exporting? As in - "Now that we've got all our…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Drag and Drop a text file with break lines using "\n"

I have a suggestion about drag and drop a text. How we can put a text with a break lines? I just tried put a file.txt with a string "\n" to try break line. Did you think about it? In case, I have just one field and I will drag and drop a text. Is that clear?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export confirmation message when done, option to open folder

When exporting one or more artboards, there is a message shown at the top indicating the process. (with an X to cancel it)

After it's done, however, there is no confirmation of the success (other than the absence of an error message), and there is no way to quickly open the containing folder for the export result.

It would be really useful and handy to get a confirmation message along the lines of "(#) Artboards Exported successfully. [Open folder]" at the top afterwards — especially because XD doesn't use the native Mac windowing system, thus we don't have access to easily…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Resizable font family list

Description: The font family list under TEXT should be resizable, or at the very least dynamically sized to expand to fit larger available screen size.

Value: A larger list would significantly reduce selection time spent using this control. The constrained size of the list is very limiting, only showing 16 choices at a time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to design / Export JSX panels for other Adobe applications

I would LOVE to be able to create simple UI layouts for Adobe JSX scripts.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Different pasteboard color in prototyping tab

Would be good to have a different color clipboard background to differentiate between design and prototype mode.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Lock all objects underneath current selection

An option for locking the objects underneath the selected object for locking could also be considered, which may help at certain instances.

While 'Cmd+L' locks individual object, 'Cmd+Shift+L' can be assigned to lock all the objects underneath the selected objects too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change orientation of property inspector W/H/X/Y

This is very hard to describe in words so please see the screenshot.

Essentially, let's put WIDTH and HEIGHT side by side in the toolbar interface, and below that, place X and Y coordinates side by side.

Further, please add the coordinate origin (that little thing that defines where on the object the X and Y coordinates are referencing. The absence of this is a major frustration for me in Sketch and Keynote. (perhaps a power feature, but standard in Adobe apps)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Keep Preview window visible when switching away from XD

When the user clicks out of the XD application, the previous window disappears. This becomes an issue when sharing a presentation file, each time you click outside (for example, when you have 2 screens with notes on feedback on the other screen). Is there any reason to ever hide that window? It should just stay up whether XD has focus or not.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Save custom libraries of shapes/icons to drag and drop

In photoshop, you can import .csh files that contain a myriad of UI icons and shapes, and then draw them in the same way as a rectangle or ellipse. This has been invaluable as i can simply choose the icon shape i wish to use, and then create it to the size i want. I understand that you can bring in vector objects from illustrator, but it would save time if a "custom shapes" option was added. Perhaps this would allow people to create a material design icon set, or an ios icon set that could be accessed on demand…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove spaces from Artboard name when duplicating

When drag-copying dartboards to create new ones, a 'space-hypehn-space-number' is added to the name. These spaces carry over to the exported files. Obviously this is not good practice as spaces should be used in files intended for web use. Are you planning on removing these in a future update?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base