Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I would love to have the ability to splitscreen. Sometimes I want to copy things from other screens that are a long way apart, and scrolling back and forth is annoying and I can't open a second instance of the app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Requested by my dev team. Who knows why....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Symbols are fine when all instances are the same size, like on mobile.

When designing for the web, we tend to create classes for everything and reuse them in various components that may NOT be the same size. We define stuff like a button's colour, border radius, text style and so on, but we do not define width, height etc.

Right now XD is does not let us be productive when designing such interfaces.

This is all implemented very nicely in InDesign's Object Styles, albeit with much more detail there.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'm doing an app and i'm getting a lot of views. It would be great if we could add an ID to views/elements and write somewhere (a console maybe ?) something like "for each view that contains this ID, add this button" or "change the background color".
    I think it would makes us gain a lot of time.
    It could be a feature for those who know how to code ? Or something simpler that everyone could use without coding.

Thanks for reading !

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Either display the last edit/change in the window title where the file name resides or better yet, each artboard also displays the last change time and date. This is very important for large companies which has multiple designers working on a single file.

Please see attached mockup, refer to the middle window title.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  6. I'd love it if the gradients operated more like they do in apps like Illustrator where, holding option, one can copy a gradient color from one point to another.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The addition of a few features to the right click menu in the assets panel would definitely improve productivity.

1. Rename - The ability to right click and rename objects in the assets panel would greatly improve the ability to organize objects instead of the current method of navigating to list view and then renaming objects.

2. Edit - The ability to right click and edit any asset (as is currently possible only with colors) would be extremely useful for assets that are used infrequently in large projects that would have to be found manually and changed on the canvas.

3. Export -…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Update messages s*ck. Please include something meaningful

Please include more meaningful "Whats new" messages for XD. Current ones are just ridiculous. Every time there is an update, message is exactly the same, some generic bs like "We always improve product and add new features". It's not an app store, it is your own product where you added this feature for a reason. I think it is not that difficult and painful to use.
    Would be really nice to know what those "New features" are without having to google them or stumble upon them accidentally.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The default link text that appears when I share a prototype doesn't look very professional, nor is it very useful for people who see multiple of these in a day.

My suggestion is that you give us a place to put "About" data for the file, and that this is used as the OpenGraph text for link previewing in applications like Slack, Skype, etc.

I'm attaching a photo of what my current link share looks like, and what I propose could happen with some sort of "Info" text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The scroll bar for the layers window is narrow and takes precise mouse work to select it on a laptop or high resolution screen. Double the thickness so it is easy to select and drag. Great app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would do well to all of us if we could connect our projects to an existing domain address and have it LIVE.
    I believe that this feature would be most appreciated by everyone since it allows us to be able to create a website or app the way we want and then be able to put it LIVE right away.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dear Adobe, could you please NOT add borders to my desktop design layout canvas when previewed in prototype mode? I don't want a black background surrounding the outside area of my screen, all I want is to be able set that color myself so the open layout can be showed as intended. So if the bg color of my desktop design is orange I don't want a black background outside my layout in fullscreen. It is totally pointless and it makes it utterly impossible to demonstrate and open design where the layout is fixed where I have set it and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The fixed position option is fantastic but could benefit from being easier to access. Adding the fixed position option to the context menu or just adding a a keyboard shortcut would greatly benefit many designers' workflows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  14. If context windows (color pickers, preview, publish, etc.) appeared in front of the preview window, but everything else remained the same (i.e. the preview window is still always in front of the canvas) I think the annoyance of having info unexpectedly hidden by the preview window would be avoided.

This applies to both Design & Prototype mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. I would suggest to give option to twist gradient point to make more effect.

See attached image.
    Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Say that I have a circle, and I want to create a light bulb base. I go into the 'distortion' mode and begin to distort the shape using the points given. I would like the ability to mirror the distortion on both sides or all sides of the shape. In other words, if there 2 distortion points on either side of the object, I would like to be able to distort one point, and the option to mirror that distortion on the other side. This is especially important when distorting shapes with curves.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 触摸板滑动优化

在支持多点触控的电脑上,使用双指在触控板上进行滑动时会出现bug,导致控件乱选择和位移,希望优化对双指滑动的支持——当使用双指在触摸板上滑动时,自由滚动画布

On computers that support multi-touch, there will be bugs when using two fingers to slide on the touchpad, causing the controls to be randomly selected and shifted, hoping to optimize the support for two-finger sliding - when using two fingers on the touchpad Free scrolling canvas when sliding

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Design Specs have quickly become an integral part of our workflow. It would be incredibly helpful if there was an option on Save that would allow you to Publish a Design Spec at the same time, thereby making it so every time the designer saves, the developer can have updated Design Specs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The integrations with Protopie and Kite are great, but both apps lack a free tier. Atomic is one of the best prototyping tools and the free tier will fill almost every need.

In fact, Adobe should acquire Atomic and make it an integral part of XD.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I have issue with SVG generated by XD for usage in Icon Font generator. I use this one: https://www.npmjs.com/package/gulp-iconfont

There is online generator:
    http://nfroidure.github.io/svgiconfont/

I attach one example file generate by XD: heart-xd.svg
    Result: https://cl.ly/272g0m1g202H/Image%202018-06-11%20at%208.16.09%20odp..png

And one re-saved by Illustrator: heart-illustator.svg
    Result: https://cl.ly/28382e3k2v0C/Image%202018-06-11%20at%208.16.56%20odp..png

Because if I open the svg in illustrator and re-save it, it'll work fine. I am suspecting the svg syntax in XD doesn't work properly.

I got information that XD SVG does not export bezier point data so scenario you’re describing is expected with how the feature is currently designed.

Maybe connected to this request:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/31672270-better-svg-export

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)