Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Would like support for PNG8 and PNG8 with alpha channel. (as an example, I exported a single asset from XD and it came in at 4 K. I took that same asset and opened it in fireworks, and exported as PNG 8 with not loss of quality and it exported at 1.5 KB... this becomes even more useful with larger assets or sprite sheets where the difference could be between 400 KB vs 150 KB.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be great to have the possibility of integrate Comet's design files into a Bridge-Based workflow.

Support for XMP metadata, possibility to see/use the color swatches used into a document, quick thumbnails preview (Like ID files), keywording, etc...

Unfortunately many apps made by adobe over the time use files that does not integrates into Bridge workflow, like Muse, Edge Reflow, Edge Animate, other...

Francesco

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Some LCD pixels are non-square shape. For example, displays for industrial devices. In this case, the aspect ratio of the pixel remains close to square -- usually the difference between horizontal and vertical does not exceed 10%.

But nevertheless, the distortion of the elements due to this distinction can sometimes be seen on the display destination (target) device.

Propose to add the sizes for non-square pixels, and the simulation display similar to pixels on a computer screen of the designer (whose pixels are square) to display on the screen the designer was the same as it is on the screen…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sorry if this is a repeat feature request...

It would be great if we could use percentages for border-radius values. That way the radius would scale proportionally as the shape is resized.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option for choosing different design visualization: artboards (as it is now) and scrolling pages like InDesign.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When updating few artboards that have same element positioning it would be could to be able to align elements using smart guides with elements that are on other artboard than the one working on.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to be able to change an interaction's start point after I've already set it. In my scenario going from a low-fidelity to high-fidelity design, there were certain objects I wanted to swap in for existing hot spots.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The input field for the corner radius in the right panel is not very discoverable. Its relationship to the icons just to the left of it are also not very clear unless I interact with it. Suggestion attached.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. It would be great to see smart guides appear for elements outside of a repeat grid sometimes. In the example attached, the purple boxes are in a Repeat Grid, and I may want to line up the orange box (outside of the Repeat Grid) with one of the boxes within the Repeat Grid.

2. Because I'm utilizing Repeat Grid for some basic things like avatars, but might have a standalone element (like type) aligned with a specific part of the Repeat Grid... and having the guides + snap to guide would help a lot!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. This is the very crucial thing in ui design to create consistent layouts.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I don't know how about you guys, but each time I see XD like #AdobeXD on twitter etc. I think for like 0,1s about this crazy emoticon I was using a lot when I was young boy.

So then I decided to be serious and I was looking at this Adobe XD and tried to take it from branding perspective and even I thought it really looks good, but then, after few hours I've forgot about that, seen it again and again I thought about this crazy face.

Is it only me?

What you think about putting more pressure to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I know Layer Panel is on the way so I hope this idea will help.

Naming Layer is still one of the worst nightmare. We forget to name layer and group all the time. We need good naming for organizing and exporting assets but with hundred of layers after the design done, we just cannot complete this task well.

So I think you should make a new kind of naming process to encourage designers do it as an important part of their routine.

My idea is a naming box appearing after we add an vector, bitmap or a shape. The…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Measurements in the PI for multi-selected objects (show width/height of overall selection)

When selecting multiple objects, XD doesn't show width/height of combined elements! It only shows it when objects are grouped. This is valuable because I can see the quick measurements of, for example; grouped images that spread for 12 columns. That way I can eliminate possible measurements errors.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Something very similar to Quicktime's Trim feature, I would like to be able to trim the video on either side so that I can get the mouse in the right position, etc (this isn't cropping the video to a new resolution, simply shortening the length of the video)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi!

I know I can directly select a non-group object no matter how deeply grouped it is by Command-clicking it. But if I want to select a group that's grouped multiple levels deep, I'm forced to double-click my way down until I reach it.

Double-clicking multiple times in a row has annoying feel of excess effort and sluggishness, probably because the minimum elapsed time the OS needs between double-clicks in order to recognize them as separate events is way too long.

In other products I use (OmniGraffle, Axure), single-clicking an object or a group that's one level down within an…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Million times I've heard designers from my network complaining about toy-like anchor points in Sketch. I've even read articles about this online (seriously, google it).

I think that as a real-world UX and UI tool Adobe XD is supposed to provide a sense of a precise and reliable mechanism that does the job, and it's already surpassing Sketch in this aspect, but the anchor points are killing it for me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Object position is updated live when you move objects. Would be nice to see cursor position as well in the right sidebar. It helps to measure object distances when the smart guides don't register.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1a. This is two requests for a single workflow: when creating a new file after already working out of an existing file, the new screen prompted is a blank project file without artboards. To follow suite with PS/AI, ideally – being reprompted at the welcome screen to pick a new artboard to work from would be very beneficial.

1b. Within the welcome screen, if the user is likely creating a custom size artboard, it would also be very convenient if the user was provided the dropdown option to see recent custom sizes to choose from (the other three default options…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heads up that we now support the welcome screen popping up when you press Cmd+N. I’m editing this suggestion to be about saving the most recent custom size.

-Elaine

18. Character Panel: To have Auto suggest features. It gets pretty annoying when you have to hit the drop down menu repeatedly in the workflow. This feature maybe be reused in other places as well!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When viewing on a mobile in browser, you forgot to design the 'Loading' indication text. It sits there top left 'tucked' up in the corner.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)