Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. color coating art boards. So settings pages are one color, profile pages are different color etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Several times, I've accidentally deleted all instances of a symbol. When selecting a symbol from the artboard and deleting, it would be nice if confirmation were required before it deletes all instances of that symbol. If a user really wants to delete all instances, it's easy to do so from the symbols panel (right click --> Delete.) So I don't think this extra alert would be annoying, since the difference between deleting an instance and all instances is so subtle. When you are zoomed in close to just one instance and are on the layers panel (so you can't see…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If you allow a user to post directly from the tool this would really save time.
    Then if you allow us to select areas of the artboards that we are referring to, screen grab/ record, that will also help out a lot.

Right now, it is very disruptive to switch back and forth between browser and XD to post an idea...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would find it extremely handy if I could change the symbol on one artboard only, to allow me to see how color changes are effecting f.exp. the icon.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Problem:
    I often need to design with the future in mind, I need to be considering the product several releases ahead of dev. When it is time to share designs with the dev team we often spend a good portion of our conversation going over what the requirements are for the current release. Developers need to make sure what is required of them for the next release and it seems there is no way around this conversation except to spend time just removing things from the designs which I never do because, well, time.

Example:
    1. My designs might include…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. To keep my design clean and tidy I always copy my existing artboard with all appearances to the next spot up/down/left or right from it. I alwas have to take into consideration my zoom then to make sure the snap will keep my distance the same as from other artboards, while this could be done without careing about the zoom, nor using alt + drag.
    Part of the functionality already exist as when you copy paste exactly this wil happen, you cannot though nor choose the direction (always paste on the right from prev) nor change the distance.
    Of course…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a preview for visual feedback when designing transitions in prototyping.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hey Guys, sometimes i want to copy the coordinates of a locked Item, but i have always to unlock the Item to copy the Coordinates. What about, when u change it to make the copy possible but forbid to change the coordinates of a looked Item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. After I've added a symbol from the symbols panel it would be a real timesaver if XD automatically switched back to the layers panel when selecting another element. This would remove the need to navigate to the bottom right of the window and switch the view.

From my experiences, users tend to drag a new symbol to their artboard then manipulate it or another element, very rarely navigating back to get another symbol.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  11. Symbols should have the option of being applied to an artboard with their position matching a predetermined xy position, thus having the newly applied symbol appear in exactly the same place as it was when it was created.

Currently, the workaround requires copying / pasting from some kind of master artboard — which is tedious and unnecessary.

There should be some option to apply a symbol in a predetermined place, or position it manually if desired.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In Design Mode, we override symbols in multiple places - but sometimes forget to Update All Symbols along the way. Later, when editing the document, we can not find the latest update to a symbol, which we would like to use to Update All Symbols to the override. Feature needed: "find most recent update override to a symbol."

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'd like to either have a scroll bar or +/- arrows to let me change the stroke without having to guess a number. Also, if I do change the value by typing a number, I'd like that result to be automatic, without me having to press enter to see if it fits my needs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Working on UI on embedded hardware, sometimes there are limitation about the colour spectrum that can be used.
    Above all, the RGB565 (16bit total, that means 65.000 colurs) is very often used. Could be possible to implement this palette native in the software and also in the export options?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Working with a team on a project requires me to pass on my Xd files to others sometimes. Maybe it is me being messy, but being able to drop shapes and text on the workspace would mean a lot more structure to me.

For example: if I could drop things on the workspace, i'd be able to create notes, drop grouped artboards on a colored background etc. In that way it would be easier for me to pass on my files without leaving the next person puzzled. And as I am working on a rather big project, it would even…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be great to know the total number of artworks in our project.
    Exemple in picture attached

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The ability to (key+arrow) move an item directly to a spot that makes sense, according to certain preset values.

Eg. you could move an item always 10px away from another item, or directly center an item between two other elements nearby with just one (key+arrow) combination.

See example below. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If I have a layer selected and then create a new Rectangle object, I'd expect that layer to be created directly above the layer I have selected (or even below would make sense) instead its created as the top most layer with in the current group of layers.

This is annoying because often the size of that rectangle depends on other objects in the group and because the layer is above them all you can see them if the new rectangle is going to be bigger them and it covers them up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)