Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

216 results found

1. Users should have different statuses like admin, able to leave comments, just watch, disallow access to specific areas of the prototype.

• sometimes users have to be able to look over an prototype but not to comment

• some users might watch specific parts of a prototype but shell not see others

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The update/create prototype and design specs buttons work great however, the usage of them is tedious. Allowing the user to click one button to update all generated links for a document using only a single button would speed up prototype iterations significantly. I propose you include an "Update Links" button in the main UI that would update any created link automatically (once those links have been generated.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make a new icon for "batch export". The same icon is used for a different part if the interface to "open in browser". One icon should never be used to convey two different meanings unless they are also labeled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Displaying the icon in browsers and launcher icons (iOS, Android) improves the experience with the user tests and the open a lot of opurtunities to experiment as a designer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Objective

XD's mobile preview is less than ideal for larger organizations, due to the requirement that files must exist in Creative Cloud before the mobile app can access them. This causes friction where organizations have established file storage restrictions in services other than Creative Cloud (i.e. Google Drive, Box, etc.).

Business Case for Adobe

Rather than focusing on a tethered experience for Windows (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17453770-tethered-usb-mobile-device-preview-on-windows), I'd rather a better untethered experience that is platform agnostic, thus benefitting more users (at larger organizations) with less code.

Notes/Thoughts

The existing prototype publishing functionality currently uploads files to Adobe's servers and gives…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently when someone comments on a online prototype i get a notification through my create cloud. When i click on it it opens in a new window. But if a get multiple notifications I have to open up a new window, or search the screens for the comment.

Could we include a notifications dropdown in the online prototype to show new notifications. This would make the online prototypes friendlier to use, more efficient (especially when collaborating).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The possibility to embed design specs, either with an embeddable code like the prototype or by removing the "X-Frame-Options DENY" header currently being sent.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. At the moment I realise a prototype, everyone comments on it and if I update the prototype the comments are lost.

I think it would be really cool if comments were maintained if i republish a prototype.
    Maybe the comments could be labelled with a page release version number or date so i can hid them - but I don't want to lose the comments, i want the person who left the comment to be able to marked the problem they highlighted as solved.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. コメントのピンのカラーを選択可能に

コメントのピンのカラーを選択可能にしてはどうか。
    コメント毎に選択するのは面倒なので、ユーザー各々が自分のカラーの設定を行うなど。

How about making the color of the pin of comment selectable?
    It is troublesome to select for each comment, so each user sets their own color etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. By mistake i choose publish proto and update link - how to cancel it? - i have to close the file to cancel an activity.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please allow the embed option which products an iFrame to have the ability to allow comments in the same way that the direct link has.

This should also ideally allow a simple way to get to the comments section from the prototype, such as when the cursor reaches the far right edge of the page, the comments will slide in from the right, for example.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Once a prototype is published and shared the text lacks the ability to be copied. This makes working with a remote team more difficult. It would be very helpful for developers to copy and paste the text to avoid the time and human errors of re-typing. Please add this function to the published prototype links.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When posting comments on the shared design on the web, I would love to be able to use emoji and images in the comments similar to Slack or Dropbox.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The link is rather long. I usually run my link through bit.ly to prevent long links.

Shorter links would be great when sharing prototypes with clients.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The ability to print full pages from the shared prototype screen would be great.

I know you can display the prototype full screen then print, but that compresses the page horizontally and doesn't allow you to view the whole page, just what's currently in the window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I was trying to share a document I had with the link but since there are multiple sized artboards and they aren't linearly linked with the prototyping tools it only uploaded one set of artboards. I created a screen and marked it as home that contained links to the separate prototypes, however it would be great to be able to have this be natively implemented with grouping prototypes etc.

The whole goal was to limit the number of links we send an individual.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We are testing XD as a replacement for visually spec'ing on the web. It would be great if we could specify screen positions for elements that either are floating center vertically within a column, floating 30% above the bottom of a column, 30px from the bottom of a column, etc. Essentially, it would be helpful to be able to communicate position as a container percentage, as well as a way to communicate that this element's positioning is relative to the top, middle, or bottom of an element.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We currently don’t reference to center and bottom, but we do use a fixed viewport. This means that your object can be 30px off the bottom of the viewport and will stay there if the fixed element selection is turned on. Similarly, if you position your object at the center of your viewport, it’ll stay there if the position is set. While the way you think of it is different than your developer, it should at least look the same.

18. Comments are great and I always use them. I find myself wanting to reorder comments so my 5th comment (for example) can be placed at the top as my 1st comment.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Currently, if we reload shared prototypes with password, we need to type password everytime.
    It's inconvenient, so kindly keep session at least 30 mins.

Let me tell you my story.
    A few days ago, I did a realtime design update. I shared a prototype to my colleagues and partners, then asked them to give me feedback comments on the prototype. They discussed on comments and I reflected the ideas simultaneously.

Then I found it very inconvenient to enter password everytime.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I had some issues with an employee who was commenting a storm of uneducated comments on some of my published prototypes.

The prototypes I post are mainly for handing off specs to developers and to discuss aspects of the UI with them. Other people outside this workflow are able and welcome to look at the prototypes. However, it is our expectation that people outside the Design-Dev relationship should refrain from making comments. If they do make a comment, they . should only make comments that pertain to their profession and not to propose design changes since they are not designers…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)