Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show hotspots for all interaction types

Right now Hotspots show when there is an object with the "tap" links activated. But for example If I have a button with a "hover" state and that hover state has the "tap" link. Then it doesn't show when I share my prototype.

It'd be cool to maybe make custom hotspots or something to guide our teammates through the prototype. Like some kind of onboarding.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better Experience

It makes no sense that when I click on someone's comment, a new tab opens. And if I've implemented password protection, I have to enter the password again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Text in design spec should be able to be highlighted

Text can be highlighted... Please make text selectable on design review.

A text be highlighted just like an ordinary website would.. Client is frustrated that in correcting a very long contenting in design review, he has to write it all over again.. There's copy thingy on Development sharing for contents i know but for clients its a learning curve.. A simple highlightable text and copy pastable would do wonders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Flow view share link

Currently the URL for a shared link is the same between GRID view and FLOW view. Is it possible to have a separate link for these. Eg. https://xd.adobe.com/view/unique-id/grid and https://xd.adobe.com/view/unique-id/flow ?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Zoom in interactive prototype shared link (Share for Review mode)

PLEASE add a Zoom capability for "Share for Review" public links. Unbelievable that when sharing a URL with a client of a website that is 1920x5950 that there is no way to zoom the image to fill the full width of the screen so they can actually read the text and see what their web page will look like. Why does the public link only allow the full height of the artboard to be displayed and not allow a zoom-and-scroll functionality? We've had to resort to sharing designs in Dropbox and using that zoom and comment functionality because XD never…

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on enabling Zoom functionality in web prototypes, where you should be able to use normal zoom gestures to enlarge the design and be able to read the text or see an element better. This should be available in a future release of XD.

6. Developer mode embed link

I want to use the embed mode to include the iframe of specs to our workflow toolchain combined with other specs / texts.
    but unfortunately the embed code only works for design and testing.
    why not enable embed including developer tools / specs also?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Resolve button that only appears on hover causes accidental clicks

It has happened before that I was just trying to click on a comment to jump to its associated page and accidentally hit the Resolve button because it only appears on hover. That area is prime clicking space because it appears empty. To subtly slip in a button right before you click down seems pretty dangerous. Especially for an action that does not have any easy to find way to undo itself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Optimation of loading times (file + link)

When I create a background pattern with icons/ graphics the loading time in browser link takes a lot of time and even the file is freaking out. Is there an option to reduce file size/ rasterize the pattern for increasing the file size?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Project Dashboard for Shared Project Links

I share a lot of links out to various stakeholders and PO's (providing comments), and developers (using the inspect features). With a big product, I break out my shared links and projects based on features so there are not hundreds of screens to sift through. Right now we have to manually keep track of which shared link is what. It would be nice if there was a project dashboard that would show all the shared links.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Comments should allow mentioning users from your team and guests

At the moment, the mentioning functionality becomes populated with users only after they have posted a comment (refer to screenshots), even when the link is viewed by users within the same team (account type - wise).

However, if we delete an user's comments, mentioning doesn't reflect that (still shows that user in the list), so we are currently doing that to simulate the feature.

It would be very helpful if there was this flexibility in working collaboratively with XD, as my team is trying to evangelise using this product to management over other competitors.

Moreover, mentioning is only available for…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a list of styles for selected component in the shared design (dev > inspect)

I request a list of CSS styles in the shared design (dev > inspect) to follow the component thought further. It would be great if we could have a component list where we could select a component and see all CSS styles of all elements defined within the component.

A component developer could see all required layers and styles for selected component.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/ae243bf4-8b78-420a-44a3-bd6b08f0301f-d815/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Scroll shared prototype with keyboard

1. Description
      When viewing a prototype, a user can scroll between views using the left and right keyboard arrow keys but cannot scroll up or down on the current prototype with the keyboard. Some viewers have been unable to scroll with their mouse. Without a visible scrollbar they have been left only seeing what's above the fold line.

On Mac I've discovered that pressing fn+arrow up/down will sort of page you down, but it's not smooth and not intuitive. Simply using arrow keys as you would using a browser (or something close) would be ideal.

1. Why is this valuable to you? …
    6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Link to separate xd documents

Description:
    Ability to link to different XD documents, or create a 'project' folder that would let different features of a project to be put into separate XD documents.

Why is this valuable:
    With separate pages being in separate documents, but still linked into a single prototype, different owners could collaborate on a single experience and work together to create a single experience. Linking to an XD doc would open the page at the prototype home screen.

Dependencies:
    The ability to verify links are XD links (currently available I believe).
    Project team members and collaborators.
    External links in Prototype Mode
    Project…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow Prototype Link selection from all owned assets

I created a prototype link from a file that was later deleted. The link was shared with a client, and I have been asked to update the link. Because the file no longer exists, I cannot update the link. It would be nice to be able choose an already existing link in my assets when I'm working from a new file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dark background in shared prototype

When sharing on the web, if we have artboards with white backgrounds, there is no visual separation between artboard and background. I suggest making the option for making the background dark, or implementind device frames.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 'Flow view' in shared web prototype

Please add the flow view also in the 'Share for review' link.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Categorize comments

I'd like to be able to tag/categorize comments

Use case: To distinguish between notes related to design, development, copywriting etc.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to Sort Grid in Share Link

It would be a massive help for us and for the client to have the ability to sort the grid, mostly when you have too many screens.

• By creation date

• By Alphabetical order

• etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Approve prototype workflow

We can assign Prototype Approvers.
    Default State for mocks is In Progress
    These approvers then have the ability to Approve a design.
    After the first approver approves a design it is locked. Only when all approvers have approved does the prototype status change to approved.

Any approver can change the state back to in progress if there needs to be a change later. All approvers will need to re-approve each time the status is changes back to in progress.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Share presets should share different sets of artboards

Sharing presets are great, but not optimal yet.

Consider such a use case:
    - Your prototype is shared for user testing. This way, the users can access the artboards which are linked to the prototype root artboard (great) or to all artboards (not great).
    - From this XD file, the designer may also share specific artboards for developers. In such case, the need is pretty the opposite. Getting access to the prootype is not really necessary, but access to components specs is a must.

So, I think the sharing presets should include the list of shared artboards, which of course…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base