Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow upload of XD projects via browser

The ability to create XD projects for sharing in the browser and be able to manually upload (in a similar way to Invision) would be perfect. Atm it can be frustrating if working on different CC accounts eg (working on my home computer for work projects). You either have to log out and into the work account or send to my work computer to upload via there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Team projects / team cloud storage

I want it so that the cloud space would work as a team space, not only the individual users.

team cloud space

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Project Dashboard for Shared Project Links

I share a lot of links out to various stakeholders and PO's (providing comments), and developers (using the inspect features). With a big product, I break out my shared links and projects based on features so there are not hundreds of screens to sift through. Right now we have to manually keep track of which shared link is what. It would be nice if there was a project dashboard that would show all the shared links.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. View designs/ prototype in browser not in the my work section

I would like to view my designs in the browser not in the my work section. The full screen mode as it doesn't scale properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Comment box is too narrow

Widen the comment box length when editing a comment.
    Because it’s easier to edit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Keep comments as you update link to prototype

I wish you could keep comments as you update the link to a prototype. I don't believe that's possible now. It's good to be able to look back at what others have said in the past. Perhaps even being able to see the version history of a prototype that has gone through multiple rounds of feedback.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you help us understand the scenario that you are talking about here? Did you change the link type from it being Prototype to Design Specs, etc?

If you can share the exact steps that you followed and are not seeing comments preserved, that would enable us to help you better.

Thanks!

7. Add annotations for custom code to export, shown in published Specs view

It would be nice to have an area that you could have exportable code like html and css. Also allowing you to add in any related custom code for a particular element that you click on in the dev spec.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enterprise wide sharing (entire org)

A way to set a link (prototype and/or design specs) as "share within my organization", so anyone with the link and with an email within my enterprise domain can access the link.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Prioritize comments on prototypes

I want to prioritize my and others' feedback. It is easy to fix based on priority. Currently, they are numbered in the pinning order, but apart from that, I would like to have the ability to prioritize fixes. I really like the feedback feature, so I hope it will be easier to use in the future.

自分および他人のフィードバックに優先順位を付けたい
    自分および他人のフィードバックに優先順位を付けたいです。優先順位に基づいて修正しやすいためです。現在は、ピン留め順に番号がふられていますが、それとは別に修正の優先順位をつける機能が欲しいです。フィードバック機能はとても気に入ってるので、今後より使いやすくなるの期待しています。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Comments should allow mentioning users from your team and guests

At the moment, the mentioning functionality becomes populated with users only after they have posted a comment (refer to screenshots), even when the link is viewed by users within the same team (account type - wise).

However, if we delete an user's comments, mentioning doesn't reflect that (still shows that user in the list), so we are currently doing that to simulate the feature.

It would be very helpful if there was this flexibility in working collaboratively with XD, as my team is trying to evangelise using this product to management over other competitors.

Moreover, mentioning is only available for…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Annotations for Client Review

Having the ability to show the client the ideal user flow would be helpful. It would be great to have annotations that are separate from comments in the design review link. Even something as simple as having each commenter have a different color pin.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Presentation notes

Note Mode in Presentation Link

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Task list on shared prototype

Task list in the RHS panel so audience can add or review the tasks at hand.
    We should able to switch between comments and tasks panel from the RHS icon bar.
    Also it would be great if we can set priority, due date, and assignee.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Link to separate xd documents

Description:
    Ability to link to different XD documents, or create a 'project' folder that would let different features of a project to be put into separate XD documents.

Why is this valuable:
    With separate pages being in separate documents, but still linked into a single prototype, different owners could collaborate on a single experience and work together to create a single experience. Linking to an XD doc would open the page at the prototype home screen.

Dependencies:
    The ability to verify links are XD links (currently available I believe).
    Project team members and collaborators.
    External links in Prototype Mode
    Project…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dark background in shared prototype

When sharing on the web, if we have artboards with white backgrounds, there is no visual separation between artboard and background. I suggest making the option for making the background dark, or implementind device frames.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Shared for Web Preview in Chrome/Edge on windows image quality issue

Since that new Auto-fit feature appeared, I've noticed the quality of image in Chrome and Edge on Windows not rendering properly as if it was using a scaling resampling such as NEAREST NEIGHBOR (which distorts edges in an image) instead of a BILINEAR (stays smooth and sharp). It wasn't doing that not too long ago but it's so bad that I have to stop sharing with my clients.

It seems to be better in Firefox.

Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Last version of XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

To understand this problem more, is it possible for you to share more details of what did you mean by image quality issues?
    Perhaps a screenshot of an image that you see in the app and how is it appearing in your chrome browser would help. What would also be really useful is to give info on what are the properties and settings you are doing on that image inside the app.

Thanks!

17. Flow view share link

Currently the URL for a shared link is the same between GRID view and FLOW view. Is it possible to have a separate link for these. Eg. https://xd.adobe.com/view/unique-id/grid and https://xd.adobe.com/view/unique-id/flow ?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show hotspots for all interaction types

Right now Hotspots show when there is an object with the "tap" links activated. But for example If I have a button with a "hover" state and that hover state has the "tap" link. Then it doesn't show when I share my prototype.

It'd be cool to maybe make custom hotspots or something to guide our teammates through the prototype. Like some kind of onboarding.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Text in design spec should be able to be highlighted

Text can be highlighted... Please make text selectable on design review.

A text be highlighted just like an ordinary website would.. Client is frustrated that in correcting a very long contenting in design review, he has to write it all over again.. There's copy thingy on Development sharing for contents i know but for clients its a learning curve.. A simple highlightable text and copy pastable would do wonders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Categorize comments

I'd like to be able to tag/categorize comments

Use case: To distinguish between notes related to design, development, copywriting etc.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base