Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Comments should allow mentioning users from your team and guests

At the moment, the mentioning functionality becomes populated with users only after they have posted a comment (refer to screenshots), even when the link is viewed by users within the same team (account type - wise).

However, if we delete an user's comments, mentioning doesn't reflect that (still shows that user in the list), so we are currently doing that to simulate the feature.

It would be very helpful if there was this flexibility in working collaboratively with XD, as my team is trying to evangelise using this product to management over other competitors.

Moreover, mentioning is only available for…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to add an Prototype Approver/Approvers.

We can assign Prototype Approvers.
    Default State for mocks is In Progress
    These approvers then have the ability to Approve a design.
    After the first approver approves a design it is locked. Only when all approvers have approved does the prototype status change to approved.

Any approver can change the state back to in progress if there needs to be a change later. All approvers will need to re-approve each time the status is changes back to in progress.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add ability to "like" to comments

Sometime is will be useful for participants to acknowledge a comment. It would be nice to add the ability to add a Like to the comments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Select artboards to be shared among presets

Sharing presets are great, but not optimal yet.

Consider such a use case:
    - Your prototype is shared for user testing. This way, the users can access the artboards which are linked to the prototype root artboard (great) or to all artboards (not great).
    - From this XD file, the designer may also share specific artboards for developers. In such case, the need is pretty the opposite. Getting access to the prootype is not really necessary, but access to components specs is a must.

So, I think the sharing presets should include the list of shared artboards, which of course…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Revert to previous 'Share' UI

The previous 'Share' UI was fast, simple, and easy to use.

This new UI is confusing, unnecessary, and wasteful. Was it designed by the same people who created the new AdobeCC UI????

A) The new 'Share' Tab is useless. I can already see what I'm sharing on either of the other tabs - having a 3rd tab is completely asinine unless there is some helpful functionality to this screen/view.

B) The only functionality I have in this state is 'zoom' - a state I cannot exit once I've clicked on the 'zoom' tool. AND the keyboard/mouse shortcut I actually use…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Comments - @ Mentions should notify the email

In the comments when a mention (@) is used with an email - for e.g. @someone@something.com - It should send an email / notify that email about the comment. That way the user can action that comment. Invision has this feature and is such an important feature.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Optimation of loading times (file + link)

When I create a background pattern with icons/ graphics the loading time in browser link takes a lot of time and even the file is freaking out. Is there an option to reduce file size/ rasterize the pattern for increasing the file size?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Smooth Animations for Shared Prototypes

The animation of prototype that is smooth while open in XD is extremely choppy and not reflecting the work. This drastically impacts the sharing and commenting for design review or even showcasing.

The prototypes shared need to reflect the same level of quality as what is built and reviewed on someones desktop. At the very least, if there is a quality issue on the shared version, it should be surfaced up to the user in some way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. save for web feature like photoshop for exporting assets

When I export assets from xd, it generally takes more space. And I can't directly import files from xd to photoshop, so first I have to import into illustrator and then to photoshop and then I can use save for web to optimize my assets.
    So please incorporate a feature so that I can directly export assets from xd with compression.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Link to separate xd documents

Description:
    Ability to link to different XD documents, or create a 'project' folder that would let different features of a project to be put into separate XD documents.

Why is this valuable:
    With separate pages being in separate documents, but still linked into a single prototype, different owners could collaborate on a single experience and work together to create a single experience. Linking to an XD doc would open the page at the prototype home screen.

Dependencies:
    The ability to verify links are XD links (currently available I believe).
    Project team members and collaborators.
    External links in Prototype Mode
    Project…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Scroll shared prototype with keyboard

1. Description
      When viewing a prototype, a user can scroll between views using the left and right keyboard arrow keys but cannot scroll up or down on the current prototype with the keyboard. Some viewers have been unable to scroll with their mouse. Without a visible scrollbar they have been left only seeing what's above the fold line.

On Mac I've discovered that pressing fn+arrow up/down will sort of page you down, but it's not smooth and not intuitive. Simply using arrow keys as you would using a browser (or something close) would be ideal.

1. Why is this valuable to you? …
    3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. If I create a link for one of the process and then have to create a link of sharing for the other flow then the previous link disappears.

If I create a link for one of the process and then have to create a link of sharing for the other flow then the previous link disappears. The new link not created but it gets updated. Hence all the comments on the previous link/ flow are lost!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. You can actually update the previous link by selecting it from the drop-down in Share Mode, and then updating that link. Alternatively, you can update a link with any subset of your document you want to, but any artboards that are not in that flow would have their comments lost. Can you explain what you’re looking for that is outside of this workflow?

13. Choosing prototype/specs view mode when publishing for Development

Please add an ability to set default view mode when sharing project on the web for Development, so that it would open by default as prototype or as specs.
    It's great that now we can switch between those modes, but it might be not clear for developer who got used to work with specs that now he has to perform some additional action to be able to see specs once he is in prototype mode.
    Also controls for switching between modes should be more prominent.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove a user from all shared prototypes and design specs

When someone needs to be removed from all mockups its a long and painful process. Can we have something that allows us to "cut someone off" without having to find out which mockups they have access to and then go into each mockup one at a time to remove them. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Textfield editable on XD Design-Review

It would be really useful, if reviewers could klick on a textfield and add the Text they want on the textfield.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Move Pin when layout changes

When the layout changes, the pinned comments don't move accordingly. We ran into this today and it's a critical issue because we use Adobe XD as the main source of truth. That comment contains technical requirements for our devs like default ordering. The same happens in forms, where I use comments to specify input masks, validation rules and other things. Everytime I change something on the form, I have to make sure I update all the comments. Uncool!

Usually I will adjust the pins by hand, but in this instance I didn't create the comment so I couldn't move the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Share groups of shared prototypes

After you Publish links they will appear in your personal "Published" section- and right now there is only possible to do two actions: Copy Link or Permanently Delete.

Is there a possibility to make a feature that will enable to " Share " or " Share all" these published links so they will appear in the " Shared With You " section of other members? (or another section just a suggestion).

If you have a big project and already have 100+ links there is really challenging to find, manage them or review them. Even If you are using JIRA or…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Resolve button that only appears on hover causes accidental clicks

It has happened before that I was just trying to click on a comment to jump to its associated page and accidentally hit the Resolve button because it only appears on hover. That area is prime clicking space because it appears empty. To subtly slip in a button right before you click down seems pretty dangerous. Especially for an action that does not have any easy to find way to undo itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Share entire folder for co-editing (for better file organisation)

When you share a file for co-editing with others, then it appears in their "Shared with you" section which is a simple list. It is difficult to navigate through this list if you have 40-50 files shared with you. There is also no option to sort the list by Name.

It would be great if a folder itself can be shared in such a way that all the XD files in it are available for co-editing. In this way the "Shared with you" section will have folders. This will help everyone in the team know where the file are locate…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show scroll bar in published prototypes

When you share a prototype with a client, it isn't immediately obvious that the design is scrollable. I have had a couple of instances of clients not knowing that the designs continue below the fold. An obvious scroll bar added to the prototype view when shared would solve this.

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base