Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When in embed mode, enable pressing left/right keys to switch to prev/next artboard

Enable the use of the left/right arrow keys in embedded prototypes in order to give users possibility to scroll artboards. I know it works if all artboards are not wired, but it should work also if these are wired. Like in prototypes or preview. It is not clear why is it excluded from embed mode.

Some prototypes have multiple clickable hotspots so users have to search for them and learn their way through. Giving them possibility to use common arrow keys is a way to get sure they will be able to see all artboards and find their way back…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to update OpenGraph data (link preview) to shared prototypes

The default link text that appears when I share a prototype doesn't look very professional, nor is it very useful for people who see multiple of these in a day.

My suggestion is that you give us a place to put "About" data for the file, and that this is used as the OpenGraph text for link previewing in applications like Slack, Skype, etc.

I'm attaching a photo of what my current link share looks like, and what I propose could happen with some sort of "Info" text.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A Way to Block Some Users from From Commenting

I had some issues with an employee who was commenting a storm of uneducated comments on some of my published prototypes.

The prototypes I post are mainly for handing off specs to developers and to discuss aspects of the UI with them. Other people outside this workflow are able and welcome to look at the prototypes. However, it is our expectation that people outside the Design-Dev relationship should refrain from making comments. If they do make a comment, they . should only make comments that pertain to their profession and not to propose design changes since they are not designers…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Upload .xd-file when publishing link

Upload the .xd-file as well as exporting pngs when publishing the link for the prototype or the design specs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Larger non-fullscreen view

When I run a user test, I like to use the generated link. During a user test, it is often useful to use the little home button at the bottom of the page. In fullscreen view, this button is unavailable. When not in fullscreen view, the artboard is represented quite small compared tt the browser window, making features less distinct. Could you either:

1. Add the home button to the fullscreen view or

2. Make the area for displaying the artboard in the non-fullscreen view, larger

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Embed interactive SVG in shared web prototype

For spare parts type websites why cant the interactive svg be interactive in the preview? It is interactive on mouseover (of sorts) in the design and prototype modes but not in the preview where it is actually needed? First attachment is the design/prototype view (highlight on mouseover) and the second is preview.....no highlight on mouseover

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Control whether artboard navigation arrows are visible in prototype or not

Currently, shared prototypes on the web show navigation controls at the bottom sometimes, but not always. Specifically, nav controls are only visible if (a) the commenting sidebar is open, or (b) all the time, if the prototype has no clickable hotspots (interaction wires).

As the author of the prototype, I'd like to be able to make the nav controls visible all the time -- even if I do have interactions defined.

There may also be use cases where you want the arrows hidden even when a user is leaving comments.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add frame line on fullscreen view showing the limits of the screen when previewing a prototype locally

When sharing a design with multiple sizes and a black background it becomes impossible to see the edges of the screen. Adding a 1px #555 line would be enough to improve the preview experience by allowing the user to see the edges of say a small mobile screen on fullscreen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove annoying overlay on top of the screen

Please remove this annoying overlay (please see the screenshot). It covers the art board and influences first impression.

If this is needed, please add it to loading screen before loading the prototype. Something like Invisionapp has for example.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Drag Object/Artwork from canvas to set Web Sharing thumbnail icon

Drag any object from the canvas to create a thumbnail image for web preview. See GIF

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Share Online needs to be able to work through corporate proxies/firewall

The Share Online features need to be able to navigate a corporate firewall or proxy that requires user authentication.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 7 8 9 11 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base