Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

449 results found

1. Can adobe XD provide feature to export XML file?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

It’s been three months since we last asked a question about what type of XML you’re looking for, and what information you’re hoping will be in the XML. I’m closing this story, so please re-file the story with that information!

Thanks,

-Elaine

2. It is actually a set of improvement ideas:

• Bring in the layers, rulers & guides. It'd be extremely helpful to better organize the elements on the working environment.

• Further text capabilities: underline? hyphenation? Currently, the paragraph manipulation is rather limited, compared to (say) Illustrator/inDesign.

• For Adobe loyal users (like myself) adapting to a radically new set of shortcuts feels weird, and adds extra difficulty to everyday tasks. 'A' for artboards, ’R’ for rectangles and ‘E’ for ellipses makes sense, if you never-ever used illustrator/photoshop/indesign. ’Tab’ for hiding all panels would also be really handy.

• What about blending modes for elements?…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Since I am use to working in InDesign it kinda annoys me that I havn't got the same opportunities to shaping my text in different styles (not talking about font) as it it's possible in InDesign. Would be awesome if more of the general features from InDesign were implemented for instant am I at the mount trying to figurer out if it is possible to make some kind of hyperlink. (Beside that really awesome program you guys are making her differently gonna use it in the feature :D )

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! If you’re interested in text styles, we do have specific text style features that we’re tracking separately, so I’d encourage you to search for those specifically (for instance, underline text or superscript) and upvote on those.

Regarding hyperlink, you can use Share to get a link to your shared prototype. https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/help/share-designs-and-prototypes.html

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

4. Initial feedback:
    • If I can use Command + R to access Rulers in Ai and Ps, I should expect the same in Xd.
    • Also, guides are extremely helpful for setting correct heights (think Android).
    • Echoing what others have said about Layers. Especially when having to demonstrate modal dialogs or touch gestures.
    • Mobile screens share common elements so allow the user to create Symbols.
    • Notes: how can these be added to a design when sharing files?
    • Support Asian typography; many of us share files across continents and internal teams will want to add comments to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

About Asian typography support: could you give us more detail on what you mean? You should be able to enter text using Asian characters in XD the same way as you would type in other Mac apps. If you can, please file a new UserVoice request specifically on this topic, with screenshots and as much other detail as possible. Thanks for your feedback!

5. When working wth any item, there is a scale/rotate/selection box around them. However, when zoomed out, and especially on small objects, you end up scaling/rotating, instead of selecting/moving the item.

It would be nice to have the scale/rotate options automatically turn off, when you are "zoomed out X amount." That is, you are probably moving the item around the screen or looking at things, etc, and not trying to scale/rotate that object, especially the small objects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Every time I import an image into XD, whether it's the same image over and over, or different images, the (x, y) location changes each and every time. Even if I have something selected, the image will still import to a random location.

I feel that items should import to (0, 0) so they can be found. This especially is needed for small images. However, there is also no indication of where (0, 0) is in the file, so some sort of grid or (0, 0) acknowledgement is needed in order for this to work properly.

I have noticed that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In Sketch, you can right-click any area of an artboard and select any of the layers that are under the cursor. This is immensely helpful in selecting layers covered by other layers (eg, rectangles covered by text). And in the absence of a layers panel, it is the only way (that I know of). In any case, it's the most convenient way to do so.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m marking this as inactive for the following reasons:

• This was originally filed when XD had no layers panel, and it now has one
    • We also recently introduced a change to the Cmd+Click / Ctrl+Click behavior that would cycle through the layers visually as you selected on the canvas

Given these two things, I’m closing this one as no longer applicable. Feel free to file additional feature requests in this area if you still feel like XD is missing something!

8. As in the design of materials Google, if you could play with the depth of the elements in the interface that is designing the final design be achieved much more consistent and scalable. Utilziar could also be a layer system, the best Photoshop style to keep adding layers and replace them quickly to try different concepts without having to create an entirely new view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As it’s been three months since we’ve requested more information (and we’ve released layers since then), marking this as action required. Please do file this issue again if you think we still need to do this.

Thanks!

-Elaine

9. Bravo pour ce super soft ;) Il ne manque pas grand chose pour qu'il soit top. En particulier 2 choses font cruellement défaut : les grilles de composition ("disposition des repères" dans photoshop) et un outil texte plus riche (mettre la police en capitale, des marges dans les blocs, ...).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! I think both topics you’ve mentioned here are covered by other feature requests already. Please add your vote to these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

10. Love the new XD, some ideas below that have come to mind.

• Export mock styleguides for Devs to follow (or not follow). Could be similar to InDesign packaging export

• Built in colour contrast analyser

• Screen reflowing like Edge Reflow, so the designs don’t adhere to device sizes.

• More shape options

• Smart fields auto complete for text etc

• Paragraph styling like InDesign for fast text application (make this global across all art boards)

• Link to a pattern library and Adobe Kular

• Able to annotate and add notes to prototypes

• XD can export good clean CSS/HTML

Cheers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Many of the ideas you’ve mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

I’m closing this out…

11. Import of transparent PNG or psd layers. Would be great to use these as imports or even linked assets.

Also simple annimations such as slide in etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already import PNG images with transparency (alpha channel) by dragging & dropping the PNG files onto your Adobe XD window, or by choosing File > Import. You can also bring individual Photoshop layers into XD by copying them in Photoshop and pasting in XD. Are you having trouble getting this to work? If so, please let us know the details.

Linking to external objects is not yet possible — if you add an image to your XD project, it will always be embedded in your .xd file. If you’d like to be able to keep image assets separate (linked), please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869109-linked-objects

Simple slide-in animations are already possible — for details check out this tutorial: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/how-to/ui-prototyping.html. For more complex animations, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869229-animation-support-microinteractions

I’m closing this feature request since it is a combination of things that should already be possible and things that have already been suggested…

12. ・widthやheightに計算式を入力できるようにしてほしいです。(例:320-16)
    ・テキストボックスをつくれるようにしてほしいです。
    ・Sketchのsymbol機能がほしいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reset ROUND Corners

once you draw round corners and set that text/picture box, then extend/stretch the box, the corners look absurdly distorted/disproportionate/oblong or no longer round, so XD should allow to reset corner points please! thanks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I sent out information about three months ago about the difference between path radius and rectangle radius. If you’re looking for an improvement, please do feel free to file another story on this if you’d like to see different behavior.

Thanks,

-Elaine

14. As almost all apps have some popup message, it would be nice ot add an example to UI kit.

I have attached an example.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. • NEED Rulers and Guides.
    • Also support for font awesome would help greatly. Assuming that would be a library to load.
    • ZOOM functionality extremely limiting. add ability to zoom using Shift+Command drag VERY annoying to zoom to some random spot on the workspace.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like for suggestions to be as granular as possible so as to better aggregate. Please upvote and add your thoughts to the following stories:

Rulers: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14160699
    Guides: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14160453
    Zoom: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12925947

I didn’t see Font Awesome in the database, so you can add it.

16. I use vertical rhythm in all my UI design. for more info on what that is see http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/improving-layout-with-vertical-rhythm--webdesign-14070

including some functionality to apply vertical rhythm would be great. This could be just guides, but would be great if there was something smarter.

For example... i make sure all my padding, margins and line heights are a multiple of 28px to retain vertical rhythm in my designs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The model for layout programs is to use layout boxes that you import assets into whether text or pictures. This what makes layout programs like indesign so flexible and powerful.

Mask with shape is absolutely the wrong approach.

Adobe has had the worlds best layout and design program in indesign for more than a decade now. The XD team seriously need to start paying attention to how things are done in indesign if they want to create a great product. Just because XD is for the digital workspace does not mean that the principals of what make a great layout…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Like Xd to the Flinto app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. would be lovely to have downloadable presets containing a variety of editable assets like color templates, buttons, more transitions and animated effects!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Options for align text vertically, apply color settings to frame such as fill, border and padding like InDesign text frames.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)