Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. The idea is to be able to leverage content already on the web via a URL, for prototyping purposes.

It could be as simple as the following:

1. Add a new "Web container" type of object
    2. Double-click for a popup asking for the URL, press enter

The content could load right away. Xd could take a snapshot of it so that it doesn't slow things down in Design mode, but in Proto mode it would of course show live content.

There would also be more options, like enabling/disabling vertical and horizontal scrolling for the container.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I know that your design team probably had some rationale when defining shortcut keys for actions. For example, Z does not bring up the zoom tool, A is used for artboard creation instead of direct selection, etc. On the And that's fine - you can't design for the convenience of every user. But it'll be super duper awesome if you can let us define our own shortcuts... and sooner rather than later please.

709 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Being able to do a full webdesign and logo design in one program is what a lot of people need.

I would have liked to be able to design a logo with text running on a curved path, but seems like I will have to use Fireworks or Illustrator to do that and then bring that into Xd.

What I loved about Fireworks was that you could do everything in one program. Basic image editing, gradient colors, gradient transparency fade and webdesign. No need to open Photoshop or Illustrator.

Keep up the good work guys! Loving Xd so far.

256 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When an accessible application is being developed, the designer needs to deliver accessibility information to the developers. For example, a designer wants to create the tab orders, keyboard specs, and ARIA Region information.

Deigners currently use makeshift tools to create these specs and would benefit from functionality embedded in this wonderful tool.

This may simply be an addition to the wildy popular "Generate specs / measurements / style guide for developers."

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be great to have the possibility of adding a layout grid in the assets panel as any other style/symbol/color.

So we could easily apply a grid style to the home page, another to each detail page, another to the form page... with just one click.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. select-tool can't grab a group of outline objects without zooming in
    in indesign or illustrator this is much easier....

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How about when having text in a Repeat Grid being able to add an integer like:

• Some text #{i}

which would render as:

• Some text 1
    • Some text 2
    • Some text 3
    • Some text 4 …etc…

?
    That would be cool!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to drag and drop an image into another image to simply replace the image with the same dimensions and size. (feature available in Keynote).

Useful when replacing images/photography that's been tweaked in Photoshop. Otherwise need to import image, resize, and repositioning every time there is an edit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to set image position like "background-position" in CSS:
    Example:
    - Stick image to the right of the shape (background-position: top right)
    - Align image center (background-position: center center)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The bounding box disappears when resizing multiple objects together. It would be helpful if it would stay visible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When you open layer/link panel the canvas view of your artboards shifts horizontally. quite annoying when using shortcuts and moving between them or switching on off.

dont see the use of artboards moving/making space for the panel. i think it would be better for the artboards to stay in place.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Auto-mask seems to take the nature of the css attributes "background-size: cover;"

It would be nice if we can choose it to have it behave more like "background-size: contain; background-position: center;"

This would help avoid unwanted cropping.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I always have to put a rectangle of color in a group to defines its color, but the group itself is the right size. Why can't I just give it a color?

This is partially related to this idea:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/15957478-relative-positioning-within-a-group

If I could give it a color and relative positioning, you would match the Figma constraints feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. As a user, I would like to see artboard numbers in place of the artboard icon.

The artboard icon provides little value to me as a user. There's only one pasteboard icon and X number of artboards. I appreciate the identifier, but feel the space could provide more value.

What would be helpful is if I could see the number of the artboard as it corresponds to the online prototype (see attached image).

This would be especially helpful when I'm trying to find and copy the exact URL of a page for a client.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It can be a bit hard to see the color of the item that I'm changing the color of, so it would be awesome to have a color preview, which could be larger than that text I'm typing, on the color picker page. The attached image shows the perfect location for it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Usecase:
    Often you will spend days organizing a collection of artboards that you want to export at 1 graphic. 1 way to achieve this is to create a new large artboard and copy and paste your UI from all of them onto the new artboard then export.

If you look at Facebooks toolkit you can see how they have created an outter artboard ideally if you selected it it would include all of the artboards are are on the inside of the main artboard as part of export.
    http://facebook.design/ios10

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Splitting off from the typographic features (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12927885-typographic-features)

Let's discuss what control over kerning you'd like to see in XD.

214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Be able to flatten layers into a rasterized layer.
    Right now, I need to export a layer to flatten it, then bring it back into an artboard in order to apply a blur effect. It would be nice to not have to leave Xd and then drag in an image. It disrupts the workflow a bit.
    *nice to have

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'd like a setting to disable the fold line by default when I'm editing preset artboards.

[original] Nobody asked for this so it may not be a popular request, but I find the fold line annoying and unnecessary. Would you consider giving us the option to disable it?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)