Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Relink components to a different master

It would be helpful to relink all instances of a linked component in a given document to a different component, in similar fashion to relinking an image in InDesign to a different external image source.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ctrl/Cmd + double click to edit text inside a group

It is possible to do Ctrl + click (Cmd+click on Mac) to directly select an element which is inside one or more groups.

In previous versions of Adobe XD it was also possible to do Ctrl/Cmd + double click to directly select the text of a text element which is inside one or more groups, so that you could just start typing or do a copy/paste to change/replace the text content of this element.

Since a few versions the behaviour seems to have changed, so that Ctrl + double click results in an element being selected which is somewhere in…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Component closes when viewing component states.

SEE ATTACHED VIDEO

PROBLEM:
    When browsing through the states of a component, the component closes and you can no longer see the folders and layers of the component.

RESOLUTION:
    When working out the states of a complex interaction, or revising the layers of an existing component, it would be really helpful if the folder structure of the component remained exposed while browsing through the component's states.

Thanks,
    Mike

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Page for all master components

Can we have a Page for all the Master Components?? Please

Page 1 - Project Artboards
    Page 2 - Project Components

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow a user the ability to drag-and-drop layers into a Master Component.

My feature request would be to allow a user the ability to drag-and-drop layers into a Master Component.Currently you can't drag-and-drop layers into a Master Component. My use case would be: I begin a design in XD and have multiple screens/artboards, then a week goes by and my designer has the branding logo ready for me to add. I now have to ungroup my master component, regroup, "Make Component" again, and then re-duplicate it across all my artboards

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Real Layers in the Layers panel

The current Layers panel in XD is a visual representation of the Stacking order and it's convenient to reorder, hide, mark for export… items.

But I'm really missing the Layers specific features like hiding a complete selection of ungrouped items, high level hierarchy, non-printing/exporting option (here non-exported).

To precise a key think I'm really missing from Layers panels — we can find in other vector based software like Illustrator or Photoshop — is not having to reorder any time my structure because any new items or paste will bring the content at the top of the stack. (…) In Illustrator,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Horizontal and Vertical Stacks

Using stacks in both horizontal and vertical orientations would bring the prototype much closer to to how development works, specially in mobile, providing much more relatable deliverables.

A "spacing" property could also be used in the stack, providing better control over the design.

A toggle between horizontal and vertical is something that would help but is not necessary.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable selection of multiple objects across different components

Since CMD+Shift+Click i'm able to select multiple object across different groups, but what if my group is also a component, then i'm only able to select with CMD+Click, but CMD+Shift+Click does'nt work if I want to select objects across differrent components

in the example I try to select a text field within the group. This only works for groups with CMD + Shift + Click, but if I do the same and I make a component of the group, it will select all components instead of just the textfields.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Maximum/minimum element height/width when padding is on.

When padding is on and you move some elements, the width/height of the grou changes. It's a problem when you want to for example have specific width of the element (i.e. background shoud be 1920px wide or button should be 48px in height, when you turn on padding and change font size your button is not 48px anymore).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Multi select in Searched / Filtered Layer List

It is currently not possible to Shift-Select multiple items once the layer list is filtered or searched.

It would be very helpful to have this feature as only relevant items are left and you probably want to select them all

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Command to reset all components to default state

Description:

Please include a command which resets all elements to their Default state.

At the moment, one has to individually select each component separately and return them to their default state before viewing in prototype mode. This implementation would make this process very easy and quick especially if one has many components and component states.

This could be done via the command menu or the Component window, on a pasteboard, or selected elements level.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Copy Component States

A newbie here. There might be a way to do this without overcomplicating like i might have done. So:

I was building a table where i have the family of a product on one row for example "Wood" and it's children, for example "birch wood", "pine", etc.and to separate the "Parent Row" ( please see photo 1 ) which is a dropdown, from the "Child Row" ( please see photo 2 ) i had to create a new component and then build up the states again. Also for the "stock warning" one ( please see photo 3 ) i had…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change the state of many components at the same time

As a designer I want to select multiple components and be available to change to hover or default state at the same time.

Thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Keep Componet's Layers open, while switching between States

Hey,

when one has lots of States in component, then it's really frustrating, that the Component Group in Layer Panel just keeps closing, when I change the State. Would be really a great help if it is open all the time, unless I close it on my own...

Plus it would be also a great Help, if I select some element inside of a component group (like in the video at the end -> close icon) and in properties panel I would have the following info -> name of Master Component and in what State I am working now. Coz…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatically resize Area Text box height when changing width

When using Responsive Resize, items will adjust according to their parameters but items such as Area text will not take into account their contents. When resizing an Area Text box, XD should provide the option to resize the height in line break increments to accommodate the text.

An option for width could also be useful.

The benefit of this is that responsive resize will now responsively adjust all other elements to fit.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hide artboard

A simple eye icon for visibility on the artboard list in the layers panel would be a great to help clean up pasteboards while not having to loose any pages or work that may be needed but not displayed at a certain time. Also if this function also affected which dartboards are to be included when the document is shared across any links. I personally create artboards for style sheets for my developer but when sharing with the client for review they are always visible, it would be nice to be able to hide these when using XD links.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shortcut for creating "Hover State"

Make a shortcut for creating a "Hover state" from components. Ctrl/command+H is available.

Making component is easy with Command/Ctrl+K. 3 secs is wasted dragging the mouse to click on the (+) to create "Hover state".

Implementing a shortcut would be productive.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Edit somthing in the "default state" in a master component with multiple other states - destroys all other states

Edit somthing in the "default state" in a master component with multiple other states - this will destroy all other states.

You will have to start over completely as this will mess up the interactions totally from one state to another and then you have to copy ALOT of things on the rest of canvas if you find of this late in the proces.

FIX ASAP!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Reset different aspects of a component

Currently "Reset to master component" resets all aspects of a component including text overwrites and color overwrites.

I'd like to have the option to keep specific overrides of a component on reset. e.g.:
    - Keep text overwrites
    - Keep color overwrites
    - Keep image overwrite

This would help to keep content and design separated and be very helpful. Especially If local adjustments where made and master was changed afterwards

Currently "Reset to master component" is the same as "Delete component" + "Paste master in original position". As a result I need to re-enter everything again.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add tint colors linked to base color

It would be really useful to set a base colour, and then create tints of this colour (like you can in InDesign) which are linked to the global base colour asset.

Currently, I get these tints by setting opacities of a base colour - but I want to be able to use the colours without any transparency & keep them linked.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base