Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Warn user if component that they are trying to paste is outdated

Currently when working with multiple documents, if you have overwrites on a component. And you modify that component, and then paste the component or artboard into a file that has an outdated version of that component.

It will paste the components but reset the overwrites and set the component back to it's default state. It doesn't inform the user about why it just resetted all their content. Which can be extremely annoying to the user, as this seems very weird. (Which is why there are also several support tickets of people running into this issue).

After talking with support, I…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Device Specific Layouts

I think it would make a lot of sense to have an option to toggle between device layouts/designs (Desktop, Tablet, Mobile).

Each one would have it's own Design/Prototype and Share Modes with each one having it's own Assets Panel, which could be synced between all of them, if the user wanted.

With this, we could personalize and greatly organize all the assets, styles, etc. into all the devices we wanted to design.

If the user didn't want to design for web/devices, it would have an option to define which type of design he/she wanted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Shear/Distort/Skew

Could we please have shear/distort/skew transform option of a vector object in Adobe Xd?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Apply multiple paragraph styles within same text box

It would be helpful to apply multiple paragraph styles within the same text box. This is particularly helpful for long bodies of text such as visualising a blog page. Currently you have to split each header, sub head and body copy block into separate text boxes.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Scale all component states when scaling the instance

I have animated icons with auto animate and wish to use them in two sizes: Small size in the menu and big size in the features page.
    When I scale up or down the component it only scale that one specific state. We need it a way to scale all states so we can have a few less components. and a fast workflow.

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update a Library with a single click

It would be great if libraries could be updated with a single click rather than the multiple click, pop-up window, sometimes blue bar on the bottom too, senseless process currently in place.

Updating assets in a document using a shared library could also do with "some" thought.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Snap points in scroll groups

Let the user set points (similar to anchor links in artboards) so the animation snaps in scroll groups.
    The scenario is to prototype app icons in several menu pages situation, so you scroll right and left snapping to each page.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show Component Dependencies

When working with linked components, there are often times when individual components will 'mysteriously' not allow operations like delete, make local, etc.
    This is usually because the selected component is a sub-component another compound components.
    The process of finding out which other components in the library depend on the selected components is difficult even for the designer who created the components. It's nearly impossible for collaborators.

If a function like "Show Dependencies" were added to the right-click context menu of components that fall into this category, it would be much easier to manage.

I envision this feature as filtering the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Settings optimized Measurements (Alt) for widescreen or ultra widescreen monitors (34")

I'm an Adobe XD user and I have a 34" monitor. I'm having trouble getting my eyes closer to the monitor because the Measurements (Alt) view is too small.

I request for a font size setting of +- Measurements (Alt) font for a widescreen monitor (example: 34").

And when I use a red background. The Measurements (alt) color becomes faint/not visible..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Put the tooltips above the mouse not under it please!

Can you please put the tooltips ABOVE above or above the mouse not under it! This is so annoying. Why would you put tooltips under the mouse so we can't read them? I'm old and my eyes are going and my mouse cursor is big so all the tooltips get placed under them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Adjacent/Overlapping Component States

Currently if you create two component states with adjacent areas they will trigger each other when used even if there is no area which actually overlaps. I've included an example of what I mean in the video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stacks do not depend on layer order (or layer order can be reversed)

Currently, a stack is dependent on the stacking order of the layers.

Usually, that doesn't cause any trouble. But I have grid layout (aka table) where a context menu needs to fly up instead of down. To prevent the menu from ending up under the rows above, I have to break the stack so I can reverse the layer order (ie the row at the lowest y value needs to be at the highest z value).

Ideally, a stack would not depend on layer order.
    Alternatively, you could just allow for reversing the logic somewhere, like a sort flip control.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. List which project documents use a specific component from a library

The ability to select a component in a library and see a list of cloud documents that include at least one instance of the selected component.

If that is too complicated a lift, we could settle for a list of cloud documents that contain the selected component in its list of Document Assets.

Use Cases:

1. Want to delete a component but don't know for sure where it's being used.

2. Component has several states and designer can't remember why a certain state exists. Seeing where the component is used will help make that determination. Similar to case 1, this would also…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Drafts design separate organization

Old designs isn't less important to us "Designers" from the final ones,
    as it is considered as an evidence about the product development with the process,
    But we too don't like to have a crowd work space with those old designs,
    so we need something like a separate folder named "Drafts" for example so that the workspace still clean and wide while we can return to our old design easily as well,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Component should have its own coordinate system

position elements relative to the component coordinate system NOT THE RANDOM ARTBOARD IT IS ON!!!!

When you make a component it should have its own coordinate system where the upper left corner is 0, 0. It is insane that you reference the artboard for position and not the parent container (component). I know you thought was a good idea when you made it this way. I am sure you had to go to your boss to force the software developers to get this feature. I am sure that they had to write a work around to even get it to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Expand artboard from the middle

insert pixels horisontally in any place of artboard , for example sometimes when i add some length to my blocks i have to move all blocks below, i can only make artboard longer from the bottom but i want it to be possible from any point i choose

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to unlink component from source document without breaking component states

Currently a component is fully chained to the original document it was built in. No way of copying the component will unchain it from that source document unless the component is unlinked and rebuilt from the ground up. Given that early mock ups or sometimes separate documents are where an idea may be built then brought in later, this creates a chaotic hop around from source to source to source. As far as I know, there's no way to reliably drop all source elements into a single document after the thing has been built.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dual Screen support

It would be great if some features to support dual-screen laptops, like zenbook duo, could be added. Similar to the control panel support available for adobe photoshop.

Meanwhile, it would have been nice if the panels were dockable at least. Since the panels could not be docked aside, we are not able to take the panels to a separate screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Your second suggestion already exists, so I’m going to keep this one open for dual screen support. You should upvote the other one to get updates on that.

19. Repeat grid boundaries should clip to element boundaries without clipping shadows

I created a set of cards recently, with at least 50px shadow around them. When I wanted to create a repeat-grid out of it, it calculated the repeat-grid-items from where the shadow started and not the grid. This made it super difficult to work inside my grid. Please ignore the shadows as these are not part of the layout and the grid should be only for the elements and not the shadow.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Transform using %

Transform %: select your object(s) > inside transform type in the percentage width/height you want and append % + enter. I use this in Pshop/Illust/prem etc all the time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! I’ll leave this suggestion open, but you can already use mathematical expressions in width and height – you’ll just need to include the original value (156 * 0.5) for 50%, for instance.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base