Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stacks: support both horizontal and vertical at the same time

Horizontal and Vertical options are nice, but in development there are many cases where you need to use both, especially for any items that wrap. I've included an idea to offer both options that will make stacks even better.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Responsive Resize Can't be Toggled for Component States

If a user makes the unfortunate mistake of not noticing that Responsive Resize is turned on and they make a component with a ton of states, they are now stuck with Responsive Resize turned on for all states. The Responsive Resize toggle is disabled for all component states and can only be edited on the master component on the default state.

You can turn the feature off for the Default state but that decision doesn't propagate down to all other states and it isn't persistent. As soon as you change the state of the component to another state with Responsive…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to completely remove fractional values

Give an option to enable & disable or remove decimal points in x,y & degrees & components.

Why don't we remove points as all users use only whole numbers (30px/30deg/30 x, 30y) and not (30.736px/30.37deg/30.48 x, 30.74y)

As far as I have worked with teams & users in the industry we only use whole numbers as decimals create issues with development and QA.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. transpose also text not only image when adapting a horizontal repeat grid from desktop to mobile

Now only the image adapt, the text will copy the first one. Text should also adapt. see attached file for example. 2 and 3 disappear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Promote component state to master component

It's possible to reset the state of subcomponents to the status of the master component. Somethimes Iam editing subcomponents in a way that I like the design of them more and I want to adapt all other components accordingly. For this I have to do all changes for the master component again. I would like to have the option to create a new master component from a subcomponent or reset the master component to the state of a subcomponent.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Child component state shouldn't persist across various parent component states when changed in those states

I have Parent Component which has state A (default), B, and C, then inside it I have Child Component with states A (default), B, and C. In state A of the master Parent Component I set Child Components state to A. In state B of Parent Component I set Child Component's state to B. In state C of Parent Component I set Child Component's state to C.

Now I create a new Instance of Parent Component. It defaults to state A with Child Component inside in the default state of A, but if I change my Parent Component instance to…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. import webp image format

Please allow webp images format to be imported or drag & drop directly to artboard.

This will lessen the time to convert webp to jpg, png, etc.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Reorder states' position

I was creating states and I identified the necessity to create a state between others two. I tried to drag the new state but it didn't have any effect.

It would be cool if we were able to reorder states

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Drag from one component state to another

I cannot believe this is even true. Can you not drag from one component state to another? Surely you don't still have to create an art board for each drag position? Please say I am wrong... If not, I would like to strongly suggest that dragging within components to other component state is a feature please. Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Maximum/minimum element height/width when padding is on.

When padding is on and you move some elements, the width/height of the grou changes. It's a problem when you want to for example have specific width of the element (i.e. background shoud be 1920px wide or button should be 48px in height, when you turn on padding and change font size your button is not 48px anymore).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Relink components to a different master

It would be helpful to relink all instances of a linked component in a given document to a different component, in similar fashion to relinking an image in InDesign to a different external image source.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Rethink the component system

In a design system we need hierarchy and inheritance. At this point XD handles these a really poor way.

Important principles:

Embedded / nested components
    If I embed a component and change it, the change should be the new default, so when I make new instances of the master, the subcomponent should NOT be reset.

States
    If I create a new state, and change the elements / subcomponents, only the property changes I made should be saved in the new state. ALL OTHERS should be exactly as in the master. This should work in the property level, so if the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Keyboard shortcuts for changing component states.

With a component selected, a keyboard shortcut to cycle through its possible states would save a lot of mousing between artboards and the LHS panel. This is particularly true for screens with multiple components. If they could all be selected and reset to default and cycled through their states, this would be a helpful addition

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Component override lost when copying between files

Our preferred workflow is to have a Xd-beta file for new development. When changes here are implemented the design gets moved to another file.

However, when copying artbords that contains components with overrides, these overrides are lost when the artbord is pasted in a new file. (both Xd-files are connected to the same master component file)

Would love if this could be fixed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Link assets from local documents

The cloud support for shared Xd libraries/components/fonts/colours etc is exactly what I've been wanting - except I can't use it because I don't use the cloud to save my files (I have to use our internal server).

The same features but importing from files outside of the cloud is really needed!

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Page for all master components

Can we have a Page for all the Master Components?? Please

Page 1 - Project Artboards
    Page 2 - Project Components

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Batch override sequences for Components within Repeat grids - drop multiple images or text file

This is something that is possible with Non-Component items inside Repeat Grids, but not with Components currently.

This is a greatly needed feature, especially when you're trying to create a Design System (which Adobe have been so vocal about recently). For example, in most Design Systems you will have Components such as Cards (with Image, Avatar, Title, Bio etc..), and having to edit these manually when inside of a Repeat Grid just makes the relationship with Design Systems and Repeat Grid null and void currently.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Change the state of many components at the same time

As a designer I want to select multiple components and be available to change to hover or default state at the same time.

Thanks

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Auto layout

There is one thing that frustrates me every time I work with XD.
    The moment when the height of an element changes and I have to adjust all margins and the height of e.g. cards. And all because the text of a line got shorter.

Figma recently introduced "Auto layout". This allows to define the margins of elements within a "group" and thus complex list/grids that dynamically adapt to the content.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrKX46DzkGQ

It would be great if, after "Content aware layout (padding), the margin could now be addressed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Spell check all text areas across all artboards

While the current spellcheck is great when you are typing, there's currently no way of running spellcheck across all your artboards in a project.

I end up copying and pasting a lot of text into a design when I'm working but there's no guarantee that the spelling and grammar is correct. Currently, I would have to go through each text area individually.

It would be fantastic if this improvement could be considered.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base