Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Going back to instance after editing master

A frequent flow is to edit master (ctrl+shift+k) and then zoom out, find the instance I was working on, zoom in+pan and continue the work.
    It would be very nice having a way to do the reverse flow (going back to previous instance to continue the work in the same windows I was without the zoom+hand).

I wondered the possible solutions:
    - A temporary floating button after going to master to return to the instance.
    - Shortcut to return to the previous instance.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Content-Aware Layout doesn't react to states in preview

Content-aware layout works only in prototyping mode. When you preview design it doesn't react to states with bigger content like drop down, only in prototyping mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Isolated Animated Component - without duplicating art boards with auto-animate

As a user: I would like a way to introduce an animated component, like showing a "spinning" loader on one artboard that I can then link to another artboard with a timed transition.

So that: I don't have to duplicate several of the same artboards to show an animation (that won't be stuck in a loop).

ie: Design example: Showing a spinning loader for 3 seconds on one artboard, and then linking to a different artboard displaying the loaded results.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Working with text is SO BAD!!!! Please fix it. It's ridiculous.

Problems that are A NO GO!:

1) Having to "Reveal Character Styes in Assets" is slowing me down and it's super annoying. Every single application on the planet, including the Adobe ones, automatically highlight the corresponding character style when you select text. This is ridiculous and makes no sense, it's 2020, please!

2) I can't use different character styles in the same text box because it doesn't support different line spacings in the same text box, really? How I'm supposed to work with a long text? Right now I need to create a different text box for each character style…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. More robust SVG export

XD hangs when exporting a complex vector (in my case c. 800KB in size). Illustrator has no issue handling this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "Regions" on Canvas and around Artboards

Method: Working with a set of Canvasses I always use the 'off Artboard' area next to the Artboard as a 'holding area' for assets/content.

Problem:
    When I move an Artboard all the content/assets that are related to that Artboard (on canvas) need to be moved separately.

Feature: Regions
    I can create a container called a REGION, similar to an Artboard, to move all objects within the container.

Example:
    I have a Region that contains 2 Artboards and 6 assets on the Canvas next to the Artboards.
    All 8 items move when I drag and drop the Region.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Organize, Edit & Name artboards in XD like you can in Illustrator

It would be very useful to be able to Organize, Arrange, Edit & Name artboards in XD exactly like you can in Illustrator.

Currently in XD you have to arrange the boards linearly from left to right in order to share and export them properly. If you could organize the artboards like you can in AI it would allow for smoother organization, grouping and exporting capabilities.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Export XD artboard to Photoshop as smart object

I would be great to have a option to export selected artboard/s to Photoshop as smart objects. Just like Vector Smart Object from Illustrator.

Currently copying and pasting XD artboard in Ps makes it as flat image.

This could be useful for making advanced device mockups, we could make changes inside XD and it will automatically update in Ps. Or just show popup with choice "Smart object / Flatten image".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Component states in the Touch Bar

Show the component states in the Touch Bar when that specific component is selected. It's nice to be able to hit esc to return to the default component but you still need to mouse over and click on the next state you want to edit it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Auto trim artboard

Trim the height of the artboard by double clicking on the bottom handle (similar to the way we can now trim text area boxes to the height of the content by double clicking the bottom handle)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Retain angle and position of gradient in color asset

When I save a gradient fill under 'Colors' section in Asset panel, the angle & position is not getting saved. Every time when I use that gradient from asset panel it is coming from top to bottom direction irrespective of what I had set before. Please retain the gradient angle & position also as part of the asset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Edit element in CC Library

When opening a CC-Library in XD, I can't edit the elements inside the library. In other CC-Tools like Photoshop there is a edit-command in the context menu of every item. That's missing in XD, or is there another workflow for editing library-elements?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. An option to not include text values in components

Lets say you have a Button designed as a component but you want it to have different labels in different situations - the problem I have: every time I change something in the primary component, the label always sets back as well. It would be nice if I could set some "Lorem Ipsum" as a placeholder text that can be changed in child components without repercussions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Repeat duplicate including distance

I would like to drag an object holding down option to duplicate it and having CMD-D (duplicate) repeat the duplication with the previously used distance.

ALT-Drag from A to B -> CMD-D (uses the distance between A and B)

This would help so much. Sketch and Figma already have this behaviour. I think even Illustrator has it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Zooming with external mouse (not trackpad) like in Miro -> Scrolling zooms in/out and when holding down scroll cliked - pan

I got really simple suggestion for scrolling in your app - do as Miro did when scrolling with external mouse.

Scrolling zooms in/out and when holding down scroll cliked - pan. I think it's a quick win and you will make usage with external mouse muuuuch easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Detach/float the layer panel

I want to be able to undock the layer manager from the main Adobe XD window like in Photoshop etc. That way i can have Adobe XD on one monitor and the layer manager on the other one.
    This would increase the productivity by a lot, because you dont have to switch between the components and layers, but can have them both open at once.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Replace group with Component

It would be nice to be able to replace a group with a component. Here is a common use case: An artboard has been duplicated several times, and there is a change to the copy. The copy group is made into a component on one artboard, but the other artboards still have the groups. Being able to drop a symbol onto a group would quickly replace the grouped content with the component, which could then be updated universally. Additionally, if you could select multiple groups and have every group in the selection be replaced with a symbol, it would be…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve contrast in measurement decorations

The distance between objects hotkey is amazing, but very often hard to read, due to the overlap of other objects or background colors. I've attached two examples where the distance between objects is very hard to see.

Putting the measurement in a box would make sure it is always easy to read

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Intelligent Component States

Let's say I create a simple button component. Then I want to have an outlined button. Then I want to have both buttons have a state containing an icon. Then I want all these to have a hover, active, and disabled states. On top of all this, I want a version of all of this for light mode and a version for dark mode.

See where I am getting at? I am creating a design system that my team can reuse for their designs. Many of the components I am trying to create are fairly complex and creating a separate…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Scale component when swapping

Users should be able to replace old component to new (Any original size) component form component library. When we drag and replace component it remain in their original size and then we have to manually resize it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base