Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hover on groups not only components

For small projects, it makes sense to add hover to components only, but for larger ones, you want to keep your assets clean with reusable components only.

Now when hover can be added to components only, a number of my "components" has raised significantly. This causes huge performance issues as well as organizational. (workaround is not to add hover, but what would be the point of the feature?)

I guess there is more than one solution to this problem, my suggestion is in the heading - give us the option to add states to groups.

Another thing that could help…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Promote component state to master component

It's possible to reset the state of subcomponents to the status of the master component. Somethimes Iam editing subcomponents in a way that I like the design of them more and I want to adapt all other components accordingly. For this I have to do all changes for the master component again. I would like to have the option to create a new master component from a subcomponent or reset the master component to the state of a subcomponent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Favorite plugins list in plugins panel

A separate list above the existing list in the plugins panel (as "Favorites") for an easier access for users with huge lists of plugins.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Find Someone While Coediting

It would be great esp. in a larger file to see where my teammate(s) is working. I realize there is presence but the colored stroke is hard to find at times.

Ideas:

• A cursor icon of where they are in the doc (even if they are not selecting an object) or perhaps greyed out while they are working on something.

• The ability to click on their profile icon to be directed to where they are
    This could be great if you are on a call with a designer elsewhere to pinpoint whatever they are working on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Live preview for tablets - Android & iOS

There's live preview now for mobile devices; both Android and iOS and that's great. But we need the same for tablet devices as well. For both iPads and Android tablets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Text area snap should include line height

The new feature is great; however, it doesn't calculate using line height. So when it snaps to size, it snaps to the bottom of the physical text, not the bottom of the line-height, which is how it would work online. Would LOVE to see this as an option or an update. As it stands, the feature is nice, but not super helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatically highlight color of an element on the assets panel

Please! The way is done is not good enough, it#s kind of inverted. I don't want to highlight all the elements painted with the same color, I need to know the color of a selected element. Please, make this work like in any other software.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Share text across component-sates

I created a set of cards yesterday, all based on a single master-component. I spent quite some time to iterate the content on all of them (basically just text) which worked fine. I did all of that in the basic state of the card. But when I added the hover-state to the master and hovered over the instances, the instance changed the text to the masters. As if the hover-state is not recognizing the text I added to the instance. Please let me customize text on instances and let that be reflected in the hover-state as well!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Replace group with Component

It would be nice to be able to replace a group with a component. Here is a common use case: An artboard has been duplicated several times, and there is a change to the copy. The copy group is made into a component on one artboard, but the other artboards still have the groups. Being able to drop a symbol onto a group would quickly replace the grouped content with the component, which could then be updated universally. Additionally, if you could select multiple groups and have every group in the selection be replaced with a symbol, it would be…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Edit element in CC Library

When opening a CC-Library in XD, I can't edit the elements inside the library. In other CC-Tools like Photoshop there is a edit-command in the context menu of every item. That's missing in XD, or is there another workflow for editing library-elements?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Paste above selected layer (another artboard)

If I copy a specific layer to another artboard, it should be placed above the chosen layer of the artboard, not on the top off all layers.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. hide art board

support hide for art boards

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Animate separetely different element in the same component.

When a component is made of differents other components this is not possible to keep hover animation of those inner components.
    Very annoying to animate properly a menu for exemple.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Import Assets (rather than link)

Linked Assets is a great feature, but it is not as helpful as it could be for teams who do contract work. Where I work, we have multiple clients who all typically use Material components, but use different colors. At the present time, we have a shared component library (separate XD document) that we can pull common assets from.

If we use the Link Assets feature, we are unable to edit the master colors since that is controlled by a source document. So instead, we have to manually copy the components and paste them into a new document, then create…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Component Overrides

I would love to have the ability to create overrides for master components. For example if I create a card, I would like to be able to select a text field, and in the properties panel have an overrides section where I can hit add. The properties panel would then give me a text field where I could type the new text and it would update that component.

That override field would be available on all instances of the component, each with its override content being separated from the other instances.

However, the text itself in the component would still…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to clean up assets

It would be great to clean up assets in the Assets panel. To be able to identify duplicate and unused assets, fix them in the file and remove the extras.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Independent paragraph spacing options (before/after)

Like photoshop, being able to set left/right indents. Also having the ability to set different before/after spacing and leading in the same text box to eliminate having to have a lot of text boxes on an artboard.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best if you separate out your feedback by individual feature requests. I’ll change this ticket to focus on independent before/after paragraph spacing.

18. Prewired component library (preset)

I don't ever want to group a shape object with text, wire basic hover/selected states and call it a button; a library of basic UI components like buttons, menus, text/password fields, drop-downs, v/h scroll areas, etc need to come standard in Xd!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Lock asymmetric radii on rectangles

When I use radius 0 10 10 10 for example, I wish to have option to lock the corners separately, so when I use handle to adjust the locked one doesn't change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Do not copy prototype interactions for components when in design mode

Since your latest update, prototype interactions are copied when in design mode (I copied the whole artboard). When I paste, I have to remove all the interactions. I preferred having the option by only copying interactions when in prototype mode. It is painful for my workflow with XD.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base