Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. It would be good if an option could be put in all forms or at least when several elements are grouped that would make the content that we put inside it clip the content so that it would not be seen from the outside, just as artboards do. It seems to me something primary that should be because having to create a mask with the work that it gives just for that is a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be great if libraries could be updated with a single click rather than the multiple click, pop-up window, sometimes blue bar on the bottom too, senseless process currently in place.

Updating assets in a document using a shared library could also do with "some" thought.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The feature to link buttons that scroll to anchors in artboards is great! I think the next step would be to allow us to "Scroll To" not only objects on the artboard but also objects inside scroll groups that overflow the artboard.

With this feature we could create internal navigation menus that allow the user to easily explore the content of an overflowing container by jumping from anchor to anchor.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Currently when working with multiple documents, if you have overwrites on a component. And you modify that component, and then paste the component or artboard into a file that has an outdated version of that component.

It will paste the components but reset the overwrites and set the component back to it's default state. It doesn't inform the user about why it just resetted all their content. Which can be extremely annoying to the user, as this seems very weird. (Which is why there are also several support tickets of people running into this issue).

After talking with support, I…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There is currently an issue with XD that if you install the Creative Cloud version of a Font, that was previously installed on your Windows machine, then XD will consider that you're using the old version of the font and warn you that all fonts are missing.

Actually from a technical perspective I understand "Why", however what is infuriating is that the "Replace font" tool itself doesn't understand that we installed a new version and that when we select the new font to replace with in the dropdown, it should replace with the new version of that font.

Because the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Inside a component state, select an object and a "Fix Position While Scrolling" checkbox appears on the right menu where it usually is for base-level elements on an artboard. When selected, the element stays fixed on the artboard while the rest of the component scrolls.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. On the transformation panel; height / width .. if I write +10 or -10 adds or subtracts from the original value.

btw: pressing the ESC key causes the input editing to end :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I think it would make a lot of sense to have an option to toggle between device layouts/designs (Desktop, Tablet, Mobile).

Each one would have it's own Design/Prototype and Share Modes with each one having it's own Assets Panel, which could be synced between all of them, if the user wanted.

With this, we could personalize and greatly organize all the assets, styles, etc. into all the devices we wanted to design.

If the user didn't want to design for web/devices, it would have an option to define which type of design he/she wanted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Having the option to reverse the order of layers for a file. Every time I create a web mockup with sticky navigation, I have to reorder the layers so the navigation shows as intended in the prototype. XD adds to the top of my layers which is the opposite of design workflows. Seems counterintuitive since generally sites are designed top to bottom.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to change individual item colors in repeated groups, in the same way you can change text. Perhaps with a similar system of dropping a text file of hex values to change them.

Alternatively, the ability to have component states be different within repeated groups would be helpful.

For example, I have a health meter in a table, shows a heart in red, yellow, or green. I can have each as a component state and in a repeated grid, select the individual items I want to change for variation WITHOUT having to ungroup. I'm forced to ungroup all the time,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I saw there are already several feature requests about variables, but none of them seemed to be exactly the same.

I seem to spend quite some time placing elements on the screen to ensure distances between them are just like we want them.
    Lets say for instance that the page is divided into sections, and each section starts with a Headline. The headline has a 80px margin to the top of the section. After the section content, there is again a 80px margin to the bottom of the section.
    It would be great if this value (80px) could be a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The padding tool is great, but for some cases, it would be great to have a possibility to leave it undefined. Example: I have a component that has a background and a text in it. I want to use it in a way that the background will take all the available space on the right of the text, regardless of the length of the text inside. Now I will not be able to do it otherwise than manually adjust the padding for each instance of this component.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Assets library MUST be in it's own window and within the component inspector as well!

Adobe! you've been developing design tools for 30 years and all of them have unique windows for repeatable assets such as Type characters, paragraphs, symbols etc. Please move the Document Library outside the General Library pane! it takes three clicks to jump from one pane (mostly the Layers) to select a document asset.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I often have to export modules/images for dev. This includes a text portion which I use auto height with padding. Then I have the elements stacked. If the objects aren't pixel perfect it leave a gap. 

So for example:

Vertical Stack 1: 50px height

Vertical Stack 2: 50px height

Vertical Stack 3: 50px height

Exports completely fine because pixel are perfect.

But if it's not pixel perfect

Vertical Stack 1: 50px height

(transparent gap)

Vertical Stack 2: 51.2px height (because of auto-height element with text)

(transparent gap)

Vertical Stack 3: 50px height

Anyway to fix this issue? Perhaps auto-height feature…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. give some gray tint options for wire frames

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. The ability for a designer to choose which component to add to CC Library.
    2. This is valuable because when we publish to the CC Library, it publishes ALL the components. It would be nice if we could pick & choose which components to publish as not all components are ready to be published to the CC Library and shared with other designers.
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When working with linked components, there are often times when individual components will 'mysteriously' not allow operations like delete, make local, etc.
    This is usually because the selected component is a sub-component another compound components.
    The process of finding out which other components in the library depend on the selected components is difficult even for the designer who created the components. It's nearly impossible for collaborators.

If a function like "Show Dependencies" were added to the right-click context menu of components that fall into this category, it would be much easier to manage.

I envision this feature as filtering the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'm an Adobe XD user and I have a 34" monitor. I'm having trouble getting my eyes closer to the monitor because the Measurements (Alt) view is too small.

I request for a font size setting of +- Measurements (Alt) font for a widescreen monitor (example: 34").

And when I use a red background. The Measurements (alt) color becomes faint/not visible..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I created a set of cards recently, with at least 50px shadow around them. When I wanted to create a repeat-grid out of it, it calculated the repeat-grid-items from where the shadow started and not the grid. This made it super difficult to work inside my grid. Please ignore the shadows as these are not part of the layout and the grid should be only for the elements and not the shadow.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 68 69