Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Finally having libraries is nice, but the organization is still difficult to maintain for larger organizations. I have my libraries split out based categories. It seems easier to keep the XD files smaller. I have components, typography, colors, and icons. I plan on breaking out components to be more specific.

The problem is if I apply a color to a component, or if I apply a color to a text style, then I have multiples of styles / components in the document where I'm using all of these libraries.

This requires multiple files to be updated anytime a change is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. Sometimes I start ending up having 2 different components that are doing the same thing, I would like to be able to merge both into one single component, making easier to keep track of all the main components.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Could show a breadcrumb, or at least a name and a type of the currently selected object at the top of property inspector? You could always rely on the layer panel to find it out, but there are times when you really want to keep other panels open.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please add a feature that will allow the user to remove unused components from the library. Currently, I have to click on each component and check if it is on the canvas. Bearing in mind that there are several hundred of them in my file, it becomes very troublesome and causes a mess in the library. A similar option is available in e.g. Adobe InDesign and is very helpful when working with a file.

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. With a component selected, a keyboard shortcut to cycle through its possible states would save a lot of mousing between artboards and the LHS panel. This is particularly true for screens with multiple components. If they could all be selected and reset to default and cycled through their states, this would be a helpful addition

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be reasonable to expect that under 5% zoom one would want to select (only) artboards and not objects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Components can be very different from one another and the initial state can mean different contexts to the user.

Let us be able to rename the component's default state, so it can make more sense during the component building process.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be amazing if you guys can manage to add an option that allows designers to hide their activity (while working) from other collaborators.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to create a text link style and animate it so it can be applied to text links.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If you're designing a responsive website the likelihood is you'll be looking at everything from 320px all the way up to 1500px.

If you could group text styles under a breakpoint and somehow assign that to an artboard size, so when you add text to that artboard it automatically knows what size it should be.

ie You have a 320 typography folder. You copy and paste the h1 from the 320 to the 1280 artboard it would automatically resize.

The alternative being you set up your typography separately, looking at breakpoints the same way some CMS do. Assigning H1-H6, Body…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Today we are able to save a color than change it on all artboards.

I think it would be interesting to have a function similar to illustrator but only for one artboard or more (if selection is possible). If it is possible to select the change on background and/or border, that would be awesome too.

An example, I design a web site or an app and I want to create a dark template only for one artboard for demonstration. So I duplication my first artboard and change the color. With this functionality, we could gain time and be able to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Having copied a component from a different document and made it local, I think it would be more logical if the component was also tagged as the main component instead of just an instance.

This was the behaviour that I naturally assumed was taking place when I first did this because whenever I create a component in other circumstances the selected object is the main component.

When you implement the duplicate component functionality I would also argue for the duplicate component to be tagged as a main component.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Give an option to enable & disable or remove decimal points in x,y & degrees & components.

Why don't we remove points as all users use only whole numbers (30px/30deg/30 x, 30y) and not (30.736px/30.37deg/30.48 x, 30.74y)

As far as I have worked with teams & users in the industry we only use whole numbers as decimals create issues with development and QA.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Many repots on this forum say you can right click a component to make local, so that you can retain the states of the components in this blank file. 80% of the time, that option does not show for me either directly from the component right click, or from the assets panel. See attached. When I tap unlink, it ungroups the components and states are lost. Lose lose. Please advise.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Why is the text underline function of xd always incompatible with Chinese characters? Do you think it is unnecessary to optimize for the Chinese? My version is 40.0.22.12 (Currently the latest).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. While the current spellcheck is great when you are typing, there's currently no way of running spellcheck across all your artboards in a project.

I end up copying and pasting a lot of text into a design when I'm working but there's no guarantee that the spelling and grammar is correct. Currently, I would have to go through each text area individually.

It would be fantastic if this improvement could be considered.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. search filter in flow and artbords. I atach screen https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlfpg5qzh3wzzrt/1616573183391.png?dl=0

Filter by type:
    Filter by artboard
    Filter by flow name

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When padding is on and you move some elements, the width/height of the grou changes. It's a problem when you want to for example have specific width of the element (i.e. background shoud be 1920px wide or button should be 48px in height, when you turn on padding and change font size your button is not 48px anymore).

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I love the new adjust line height trick. Thank you. Clicking the red target now resizes to fit the font. Awesome. Curious why we wouldn't want to consider line height in this adjustment?

If a developer needs to know the white space between H1 and an p style. The H1 line height is a declaration and affects the next selector.

Perhaps it's a shift click and it recognizes the font size and line height?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hello, I would find an option to assign a global grid super helpful. One could apply the values at the beginning and if they would like to change that grid in the future it could apply to all artboards of the same size. Right now, I have to manually go through and edit each grid if I want even the slightest change in values. I have found doing this takes a lot of time and effort.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)