Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Being able to fix the width, when stack is active, then on adding / removing items the padding should be distributed evenly between the element.

Will let us recreate the same logic as the "display: flex, justify-content: space-between", useful for app development like navbar that always have the same width.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. (Summary in English) If a font is not installed, we should show text as if it were installed, and only falling back if edited. The behavior of fonts should be the same as for Photoshop.

テキストレイヤーを触らない時には該当フォントがなくても表示が崩れないようにしてほしい

テキストレイヤーについて、Photoshopでは該当フォントがインストールされていなくても、レイヤーを編集しない限りは表示が崩れないのですが、XDだと該当フォントがない場合には別フォントで表示されてしまうため、Photoshop同様に表示が崩れないようにしてほしいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If there is an feature in which we can replace font with new font, that would be great feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  4. It is very necessary to make a version control system available, which allows "commits", "branches" and "merges", and more functionalities, just as version control services do for developers.

I know there is a design application for this purpose, but every time that application is updated it is no longer compatible with Adobe XD

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. (1) While editing a component, you can't change the state of the component unless you click on the parent layer first.

The State menu in the inspector panel disappears when you select anything other than the root layer. This makes it so you cannot change the state unless you have the root layer selected.

Instead, the State menu should be available while any layer inside the component is selected.

Let's say I'm making a button and changing the size of the shape layer. I want to match the Default state and Hover state, so with the shape layer selected I…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Take note from Sketch, where you can actually set a specific size of the grid and grid elements. In XD I have to do all kinds of mathematics just to get what I want out of the grid, and then it turns out it's responsible and IT CAN'T BE CHANGED! When I want to change the size of the artboard the Grid moves along and changes instead of staying in place with same parameters.

Why it still isn't fixed? Stop adding all kinds of fancy animations that don't matter in real life and please fix the basics!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please allow us to disable animated zoom on windows. For adobe XD on mac, there isn't an animated zoom but when using the program on windows it smooths out the steps in between each zoom level. Photoshop allows you to turn off animated zoom as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When you have a lot of artboards, it can be difficult to find the one you're looking for. A solution to this was implemented here, allowing a user to search through elements, including artboards.

This is good, but one of the main products of having many artboards is that you have even more elements. This means that when you search for something, it shows you matching artboards, but also matching everything else. Including text whose content may match (which there is sure to be a lot of, since designs often re-use the same lexicon across many different elements).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I created a cube with basic shapes but when I rotate them the item in front seems to disappear giving the shape a hollow feeling.

I think if we give the options to enable 2 sided shapes then this can be avoided and create some really cool 3d shapes animations.

This will help us create complex 3d shapes in XD it self for e.g.cubes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. You shouldn't have to share to a link in order to see your CSS Specs... would be nice to be able to see and copy them from within XD

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When I paste an hexadecimal color outside of a text zone, i expect the selected object to take the background color specified in the text, not to paste the text as raw text

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. On macOS, notifications come from right to left right below the menu bar on the top right. This means that whenever you get a notification, the preview button and the surrounding interactions are covered.

It's of course frustrating that you ever so often need to close notifications to interact with the preview button. And what's really frustrating is all those times when you are about to click on the preview button, but a notification suddenly gets inbetween and you accidentally open upp Messages, Calendar, Slack or any other app that you got a notification from instead of previewing your design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be really useful to be able to select a layer in the Layers palette (or by clicking in the artboard), then move that selected object from within the artboard by dragging it (as opposed to the top most object being selected). The object on the selected layer should always remain selected so long as you drag from within its bounding box. This could be enabled by holding down a key, but I think an option to make it the default behaviour makes sense (as it is in Figma).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When I save a gradient fill under 'Colors' section in Asset panel, the angle & position is not getting saved. Every time when I use that gradient from asset panel it is coming from top to bottom direction irrespective of what I had set before. Please retain the gradient angle & position also as part of the asset.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Horizontal and Vertical options are nice, but in development there are many cases where you need to use both, especially for any items that wrap. I've included an idea to offer both options that will make stacks even better.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Asset panel had been always just one click (or shortcut) away. With XD 34, after a click, you need to see what's there, then navigate through the panel if document assets are not there. So there could be more cognitive load and extra steps for users.

Plus, it was possible to open both cc library (global assets) and asset panel (local assets) at the same time. Now you are forced to switch between local and remote assets when your task need both (or, graphics and components). Working with other design tools gets a little more fiddly because of this.

Finally,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. As an Adobe Xd user that uses many artboards & different stack groups, I would like for pasted items to align with the rest of the stack group when adding more objects instead of pasting in the exact same coordinates that it's pasted from.

See video attached for example:
    1. I copy an object that I want in a different stack (this can be any object on any artboard)
    2. I double-click into the stack group to paste the new object.
    3. Paste the object
    4. The resulting object is pasted at the exact coordinates that it was copied from…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When I create an artboard it adds a default name with some type of long hyphen character. This character has problems with other applications. For example, Windows doesn't really like it. It causes artboard export to crap out sometimes. Gmail doesn't like it because when I export a mobile design and gmail it to myself to view on phone (cause I want to), my device sometimes doesn't want to download the attachment. If I change the hyphen, it works. As a user, I don't really care if it's Windows or Gmail or my phone, it's just unnecessary headache. And you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Literally, Figma, Framer, Sketch, InVision Studio and whole lots of others have this.

It lets you resize a Group or Frame, without messing it's child layers Constraints, Positions and Responsive Design. Kind of like an override for resizing Frames / Groups.

Just implement it just like them : Cmd / Ctrl + Resize on any direction.

Basically for quickly masking child layers inside a Group, without really needing a Mask layer (which sometimes doesn't work to be inside, if your Group is with Stacks)

Also to make the Prototyping on the Canvas much neater, for Drag Groups that goes beyond…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add to Adobe XD (select fill color & select stroke color), like in illustrator!

If you add it, We don't need to edit icons in other adobe products like AI or PS, We can easily edit it on XD!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 10 12 68 69