Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Can you please put the tooltips ABOVE above or above the mouse not under it! This is so annoying. Why would you put tooltips under the mouse so we can't read them? I'm old and my eyes are going and my mouse cursor is big so all the tooltips get placed under them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Currently if you create two component states with adjacent areas they will trigger each other when used even if there is no area which actually overlaps. I've included an example of what I mean in the video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently, a stack is dependent on the stacking order of the layers.

Usually, that doesn't cause any trouble. But I have grid layout (aka table) where a context menu needs to fly up instead of down. To prevent the menu from ending up under the rows above, I have to break the stack so I can reverse the layer order (ie the row at the lowest y value needs to be at the highest z value).

Ideally, a stack would not depend on layer order.
    Alternatively, you could just allow for reversing the logic somewhere, like a sort flip control.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  4. The ability to select a component in a library and see a list of cloud documents that include at least one instance of the selected component.

If that is too complicated a lift, we could settle for a list of cloud documents that contain the selected component in its list of Document Assets.

Use Cases:

1. Want to delete a component but don't know for sure where it's being used.

2. Component has several states and designer can't remember why a certain state exists. Seeing where the component is used will help make that determination. Similar to case 1, this would also…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. insert pixels horisontally in any place of artboard , for example sometimes when i add some length to my blocks i have to move all blocks below, i can only make artboard longer from the bottom but i want it to be possible from any point i choose

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently a component is fully chained to the original document it was built in. No way of copying the component will unchain it from that source document unless the component is unlinked and rebuilt from the ground up. Given that early mock ups or sometimes separate documents are where an idea may be built then brought in later, this creates a chaotic hop around from source to source to source. As far as I know, there's no way to reliably drop all source elements into a single document after the thing has been built.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  7. Transform %: select your object(s) > inside transform type in the percentage width/height you want and append % + enter. I use this in Pshop/Illust/prem etc all the time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! I’ll leave this suggestion open, but you can already use mathematical expressions in width and height – you’ll just need to include the original value (156 * 0.5) for 50%, for instance.

8. A checkbox on the properties that when checked adds an X on the shape turning it into a wireframe photo. The X can be colored with the stroke color

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hi,
    Please move "Desactivate font" in the context menu of a font style to the bottom of the list.
    I think the most used item is "modify" and it should be more practical if it was in first position

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. this is bad UX!

Command-Shift-S

the standard keyboard shortcuts, which you also know from other adobe products, should save the file locally and not to the cloud.

Command-Option-Shift-S

the extended keyboard shortcut can save the file in the cloud.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I occasionally come up against a situation where I have created two components that I realize should have been a single component.

When this happens I must repeatedly highlight the redundant component on the canvas and manually replace the component.

It would be great to have a way of simply replacing all occurrences of the redundant component.

In an ideal world, this function would be a smart replace where object attributes from the replaced component instances were applied to an object in the new component instance where its name and type matched.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hi -

I'm new to XD, but think I'm getting the hang of toggling between files that are open - since there are no pages as there are in Sketch. I like your Command + ~ keyboard shortcut very much for accomplishing this.

However, what I don't like is when a project file window is maximized, you can't execute the command, I believe - only when projects you are toggling between are in more reduced windows frames.

I maximize my projects for size, to be able to see more of the contents of a project. So, giving me such functionality…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Let's say we want to add a Radio Group and use our Design System Radio Button Component for that. Currently it's not possible to set one of the components to the selected state.

As a workaround we can create the list with the repeat grid, then ungroup it and change the desired item. But that can't be how it's intended to work.

ps: I feel bad for lodging a Feature Request days after you released such a great feature. It sounds lI'm ike complaining instead of being thankful - thats not the case, the component states are awesome,d thank you…

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sometimes you need to reorganize your design system files. Once you have created a master components, you cannot move it to another file, and you are stuck with the current file forever.
    It would be great if you can just move your Master Component from one document to another.

344 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In documents assets have the ability to filter order typographies by size or type.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It's possible to reset the state of subcomponents to the status of the master component. Somethimes Iam editing subcomponents in a way that I like the design of them more and I want to adapt all other components accordingly. For this I have to do all changes for the master component again. I would like to have the option to create a new master component from a subcomponent or reset the master component to the state of a subcomponent.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It is a source of daily/hourly frustration that clicking on the icon portion of a layer will open it while the only way to open an artboard is to double click the icon (just to mention one). This is only one such inconsistency, but it's very frustrating to have layers expand when I'm only trying to select it as the first of a multiple selection while at the same time, clicking anywhere on an artboard from the list will only select it. In this latter case, one has to both double-click and do so in a small hitbox.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If you have multiple images with 'Darken' as a Blend mode (for ex) and then if you select all of them and make it as a Vertical Scroll, the blending mode from all the images doesn't work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 布尔运算建议增加分割功能

It is suggested to add segmentation function to Boolean operation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)