Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. When scaling text boxes, the text box scales but the text inside remains the same size. This can be handy for scaling at the same size, but very inconvenient when you need smaller paragraph text and have to reformat manually. Holding Command-⌘ (or CTRL on Windows) while you scale down a text box should allow you to reduce the size of the textbox and its contents.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. At the moment if you mask some layers or a group of layers (Mask with shape) you are not able to reorder them. They become locked, not it terms of repositioning them but your are not able to reorder them on the layer level. Right click and "Bring to front" etc. works though.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. All major OS typefaces (San Francisco, Roboto, Segoe UI) have small caps but they cannot be accessed in XD right now.

Small caps come in handy when designing user interfaces and should be accessible from within XD imo.

This is a subtask of OpenType: https://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/features_pt.htm#smcp
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/15025290-support-opentype-font-features

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Whenever I give my design to developers, they always want the pixel measurements in whole numbers and not numbers with decimals. I always have to round the number for each element I drew. Very tedious process.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Color /style brush tool - i imagine that you could sample color (or apearance / font size / specified property) by clicking on object with alt pressed, and then clicking on other objects to apply that style / color etc?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Have you tried using the “paste appearance” command? You can copy an object, select another object, and then right click and “Paste Appearance” to apply all applicable styles.

I’m leaving this suggestion open.

6. This only applies to Windows as the same mouse on MacOs is perfect:

Zooming with alt + scroll wheel is way too fast. One scroll step on the mouse is 30% magnification! (from 100% one step is -> 130%)

And before you tell me to change my mousewheel settings, I'll tell you it's fine i Photoshop, where one step is 10%. (from 100% -> 110%)

In XD step by step: 50% -> 65% -> 84% -> 109% -> 142% -> 185% -> 241% -> 313% -> 407%

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Technically its possible: automatic hyphenation. It would great to implement automatic hyphenation into Xd.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. For the design I use InDesign as InDesign is much more powerful as XD. I export my Designs as PNG and import those PNGs in XD to create linked artboards for customer presentations.

It would be very much needed to have extern links (as in InDesign) pointing to those PNGs. Each time I update my Design in InDesign and export automated all PNGs all screens in XD would also be updated. I conceptualize webprojects with more than 200+ screens and this would speed up prototyping tremendously.

Anyway XD rules – really like it – just miss this killer feature!

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Okay, so I’m trying to understand here. By looking up documentation, I see that you can place images in your file and link them to an image on your file system, so not embedding them in the file. (I’m assuming you’re not talking about inserting links to images on the Internet via URLs.) When the document opens, it loads up the image and places it in. In some apps, updating the file on the file system will update the image automatically without any intervention, and in other apps, changing it on the file system won’t update until you either manually refresh or relaunch the app.

This scenario is what I was defining as “dynamic linking.” Smart Objects (as I’m defining them in my head) are elements that are in a CC file format (like Photoshop or Illustrator). Am I misunderstanding your request for external links?

Thanks,

-Elaine

9. UI Kits with browser bars for web development. Include the fundamentals like Chrome, IE/Edge, Safari.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be really helpful to have a zoom out and pan similar to InDesign. This could facilitate being able to zoom into a section of the app or website design, zoom out and move to another section and zoom back to previous level an new cursor location in one fluid movement.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow users to select Opentype features supported by a given typeface. This would be especially useful for anyone designing for ecommerce (tabular lining numerals), or text-heavy sites (small caps, proportional old style numerals), or rich typography in general (alternate stylistic sets, swashes, superscript, subscript, fractions). Common ligatures seem to be enabled already, but there's no way to access discretionary ligatures.

https://klim.co.nz/blog/towards-an-ideal-opentype-user-interface/

359 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice to be able to get the colour code of a shape that is locked, without having to unlock it first. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The gradient fill, in it's current form, does not show what position (from 0 to 1, or 0 to 100) the stop is located, like in other popular adobe applications such as Illustrator and Photoshop. This means that if I want the accurate position for each stop I have to export it to SVG and open it in Illustrator. This makes it really hard to make gradients with a middle fade accurately, and since there is no way to actually save the gradient as a swatch, you're stuck eyeballing it.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Something that made me almost rage-quit a project the other day is the fact, that you can't zoom or scroll while editing text.
    Also please make the "select nothing"-shortcut (cmd+shift+a) work in a textbox. It's something that is just baked into many designer's muscle memory.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Description:
    Once I select a font in TEXT panel I want this font to be default font every time I use the Text tool. Until I change it again.

Why is this valuable to you:
    Now you have to change font every time when you use Text tool — bad usability. Slows down the workflow.

Additional request 1:
    Also, it would be nice to set a base font size for the project. So that every time I use Text tool I'm suggested this exact size.

Additional request 2:
    Possibility to set up default global font sizes for <p>, <h1>, <h2>,…

693 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Note: there’s a limited version of this feature already available. If you select an existing piece of text and then leave it selected while you use the Text tool to create new text, its style will match the piece of text you had selected.

16. XD should have a "Plan" view similar to Adobe Muse that shows the pages in sitemap form. This would allow users to layout the page structure/hierarchy in a sitemap and easily rearrange the structure as needed. Users could then switch back to Design view to work on the wireframes of each page or Prototype view just as they do now.

Currently, I need to use a different application like Balsamiq or Omnigraffle to create my sitemaps and then I need to create wireframes in XD. It would be great if I could do both in XD.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The ability to add your own UI Kits to the start screen

It's great having iOs etc on there but for professionals working on lots of projects (web based) for big brands there is definitely a need to have custom UI Kits for each brand. This will speed up projects massively as well as maintaining consistency across all projects. Thats essential when you are working to strict brand guidelines.

Make it happen Adobe ;)

806 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Apparently only JPG/PNG is supported when performing drag & drop of a set of images.
    My assets are often SVG so supporting that format there would spare me from having to generate temporary PNGs or place manually.

It seems currently it adds all SVGs on all cells when dropping and creates a mask of all the files combined(??).

Thank you.

337 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Because.. why not?

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The ability to define functional requirements for the application within XD and tag these cards or user stories to artboards/groups/individual elements.

This helps with traceability/transparency for larger teams or teams of teams when delivering using tools such as JIRA and helps to keep XD as a living design document for the application.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)