Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Add an option to turn on line spacing snap for text boxes. This would make it easier to have consistent padding above/under text boxes no matter how many lines of text are in it.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I often use the angle values to rotate my gradients—most often from 0 to 90 (to switch between vertical gradients to horizontal ones). I know this can be accomplished by dragging the on-canvas gradient editor segment, but it slows down my workflow trying to get the end points to align on the x or y axis perfectly. Even if you could hold shift while moving the end points so it snaps to the 45, 90, etc. angles, that would be a huge help.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Making more complex vector drawings is difficult without a tool like the scissor tool from Illustrator.

Creating arches like the attached image in Illustrator is super easy with the combination of the scissor and circle tool, but in XD it is very difficult.

316 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Windows 10
    XD Version 0.8.22.17 Beta

When duplicating artboards, I would expect the new artboard to appear in the artboard list above the artboard I duplicated (which is the current behavior for layers), but it always appears at the very top of the artboard list as if I had performed copy and paste instead.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. New layer positioning
    Detrimental for a workflow as anyone spending hours per day knows.
    When creating a new layer of whichever type (vector, text, rectangle, pasting an image), the position of the layer needs to be above the layer that is currently selected or within if it is a folder.
    If no layers are selected than the new layer should be on the top.

Current behavior: the new layer is always created at the top except when I isolate a group of layers.

It is time consuming as we fiddle with hundreds of layers, and mouse dragging it every time…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I love that the Xd team values the designer's flow, so that the designer can work as efficiently as possible, without the tool getting in the way.

Setting colors is a perfect case study for this. There's nothing more flow-breaking than having to go fetch something in the toolbar, especially with a common operation like setting colors.

Needless to say it would be "un-Xd" not to have intuitive, flow-friendly keyboard shortcuts for these operations... so, here are some ideas:

If using straight keyboard keys:

"i" to activate the Fill eyedropper
    "b" to activate the Border eyedropper

Ctrl+i to remove Fill…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be great to include (for the first time in the Adobe products) this feature with the align tools:
    - one click -> align on the selection
    - doucle click -> align on the workspace
    So that, there's no need to have a droplist where you have to choose on what you want to align (like in Photoshop and Illustrator).

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This feature is available in other Adobe products. This screenshot is from illustrator.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Subform allows a designer to design on 1 art and it will translate to ALL sizes without having to manually resize for every viewport.

That is dope! You guys need to get on that.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When objects are in a group smart guides do not show up for those objects, only the group. It makes it hard to keep an artboard organized, no objects you want to align other objects to can be in groups.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. To unlock objects, I need to manually select every locked object to Unlock it. This is time consuming and obnoxious. Indesign, Illustrator, Sketchup and others use Unlock All to Unlock every object, saving loads of time.

I think where Illustrator's model could be improved upon is to make "Unlock all" artboard specific so that you're not unlocking every object on every artboard which is generally bad for productivity. In Illustrator I find myself continually needing to group everything on the board before I do "Unlock All" and either hide it or drill down into it so I don't accidentally unlock…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It will be great if repeat grid work in way like this:

I want to show how recommended item will look like. I'm double-clicked wished element title and turn off "Fill" checkbox in "Inherit" panel. Now I can change color only for this title, but if I will change font-size, for example, all titles will change it, because "font-size" checkbox is active. If I click "Fill" again, my title will be back to gray.

All checkbox is active by default — so behavior will be just like now and it will take full control and understanding what and when happens.

464 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 271 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 406 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would be nice to actually get a live preview of typeface changes when you select text in the layout and scroll trough the fontlist. Like you get in Photoshop.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would be great to have not only Lorem Ipsum, but rather the "simulation" of text when you create title or text blocks.

The idea is to create wireframes without concerning at all in the first instance on font selection, etc. The focus is layout layout layout. After a second instance, this should be able to be converted to Lorem Ipsum to apply typography.

See image attached for the "simulation" reference.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Exit preview = go to artboard exited from

When closing the preview window, it´s 99% of the times, because I found something that I want to change. When closing preview it would be great to be taken to the art board from where I closed the preview window.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When adding a drop shadow to an object it binds to the border.

This means that if an object does not have a border or a fill (in the instance where you would want to create a glass like effect it is not possible)

We have tested and verified that this is counter to how the browsers behave - this is the test example we used:

https://jsfiddle.net/j911t7kp/1/

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sometimes when I build a project I'm looking at the best fonts to use. The issue I have is that some fonts are not licensed for mobile when I have just designed an entire mobile app using that typography.

Font that are not licensed for mobile app use should be hidden / filtered out.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hi, I really get the urge to use a minimalistic design UI in your new software, but the design should not stand in the way of usability.

One problem I have is that is is really hard to distinguish between active layers and none active ones because the grey color is way to similar.

Also (example attachment) it is hard to quickly see which layers are grouped with which folder/symbol if the Layerbox has a lot of layers. (Maybe use an down facing arrow like in Photoshop)

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)