Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Renaming artboards with find and replace functionality. This is important, because when you export your boards, your artboard name is included. Things change, branding requests alter and now you could have a word in a name that is no longer relevant / obsolete. If I could do a find and replace, at least if I am consistent with my naming approach, this can lead to organization appearing based upon how I name my layers (point #1 above) and then adjust as needed.

Example:
    brandusagesection_step01

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Being able to change the reference point from the upper-left to center or lower right or whathaveyou is so useful in other Adobe apps. Having to do everything with top-left x/y is a pain when trying to position objects by their center.

Choose point by clicking 9-grid icon

410 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The automated art board name sequencing (Name - 1, Name - 2-, Name -3), only works properly when if a user keeps the original dash and number sequence intact.

If a user clears the default name and r-names an art board, the next art board duplicated from it starts at Name - 1 again, even if one retypes the -1 in the new art board name.

Art boards that have been renamed, then duplicated, might be better suited to either:

1) Start at "Name - 2"

-or-

2) Use a "copy, copy 2, copy 3" sequence, like OS X and…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create custom color pallets and be able to have more than one loaded at a time. Be able to customize names of colors, so we can patch developer terms, like 'Primary Color'. Then, be able to change that color and have it change everywhere. Also, be able to delete a color and if you use that color in your document, you can choose a color to replace it with (just like InDesign).

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to be able to pick colors from another window (e.g. I have specs opened in my web browser).

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As an update on this, this is a limitation of the UWP platform. I’m keeping this open in case Windows decides to update their security platform to allow selecting outside of the window.

6. I think the pen tool in Adobe XD is horrible. I couldn't draw the vector shapes the way I want because the pen tool is missing the same logic as Illustrator and Photoshop.

I first drew a curve vector in Adobe XD, and for my next point, I want to make a straight line. But there's absolutely no way for me to do that.

Whereas in Photoshop or Illustrator, I can hold option key to bring that '<' icon and click on the second point to and remove the next point's curve line.

Here's a video attachment to show you…

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Could it be possible to rework the placement of the Symbols & Layers toggle buttons ? They are not where i expect them to be. I'm forced to learn shortcut to switch.

I don't have the solution but you could maybe moving them on top on the screen.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. For better user experience one of the most important rules is to keep the measure between 45 and 75 characters per line, this will ensure the text stays readable across the various situations in which it could be read.
    I think it would be very helpful if you could provide this feature in one of the next releases.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It'd be very useful to me that the color palette indicate which color I'm on. Often I save many shades of the same color, some of which are slightly different from one another. So a highlight feature would be important for my work.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Text comes in 2 modes: line or bloc. The particularity of the line mode is that the size is dynamic.

When creating a Repeat grid with a text line, it would be uber cool that if we change the replicas content, the gutter applies on the new text width, which is best for classic inline items (menu, breadcrumb, …).

For now, the gutter adapts to the largest item.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The Preview window is a great way of navigating through a design/flow, especially since the window is minimal and works great with my iOS mirroring software (xScope from Panic).

However, there's no way to affect the level of zoom in the preview window. Preferably, I'd like to set the zoom to 200%, 300%,or 50% (or reset it to 100%). This would make the mirror on my iOS device pixel perfect at 200% (Retina).

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Would like to be able to collapse the adjustments panel on the right much like "Collapse to icons" works in Illustrator or Photoshop. That right hand panel covers up so much of the main canvas when working on a smaller resolution screen.

This is somewhat related to the "Hide all panels" feature request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12937710-hide-all-panels

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The tab button on a keyboard doesn't indent text like it would in every other text tool in adobe suite.

please make the tab button indent paragraph text.

249 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be amazing to option+drag an item in the Layer's Panel. I find myself wanting to duplicate something by dragging from one folder (or symbol) to another.

At the moment I can't even drag an item out of a Symbol into another folder or layer in the Layer's panel.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Transparent PNGs do not allow color edits. Editing fills will extend to the rectangular bounds, not just the object

316 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Windows users are used to the key binding Ctrl + Y redoing the last undo (you know, Ctrl + Z is undo, Ctrl + Y is redo), but currently, it hides the left sidebar. That gets very confusing and uncomfortable.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. provide a functionality to duplicate a symbol in the library

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Many designers are very used to the shortcut for selecting nothing (cmd+shift+a) especially when editing text instead of clicking away. Would be great if that worked in XD as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Now that you can override certain parts of a symbol, it would be nice if all "versions" of a symbol would be listed in the symbols panel, allowing for a quick overview and easy reuse of altered symbols, as well as more insight over what you might lose if you apply changes to all instances of a symbol.

To further illustrate my idea I made a quick and dirty mockup which I will attach as image

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, but you can't align an element to a locked element. You have to unlock the element first, then do your alignment, then re-lock that element. Which is kind of annoying.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)