Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

449 results found

1. Is there a way to reduce the size of the palettes? or hide them when showing file?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. There are already a few requests about fundamental shadow implementation but seem to have gotten no attention. Without these in place it will be difficult to design today's interfaces in XD.

First: Shadow spread - positive and negative.

Second: Multiple Shadows on one object.

Third: Shadow is clipped by object - so that if the object has transparency the shadow isn't showing through it.

These are basic shadow capabilities on every other program and used daily by interface designers.

Negative spread is key. It will allow us to create these (see attachment) types of shadows without workarounds and is supported…

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be great for developers to know Border-Radius for a rounded rectangle.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please can we have a simple way to create a photo gallery where clicking a thumbnail makes that image the Hero image at the top (a bit like a Light Table).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have a fifteen inch XP-Pen Artist 15.6 ( I buy it from https://www.amazon.co.uk/Artist15-6-1920x1080-Graphics-Drawing-Battery-free/dp/B0785682VP ). I want to use it for drawing (love to draw people, nature, animals and sometimes abstract), graphic design and editing photos. I do want to have accuracy. I've read that small would be good because it all depends on the screen size in comparison to the actual tablet, but I've also read that you can get more accuracy with a slightly larger tablet. such as XP-Pen Artist22E ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Artist22E-Graphic-Interactive-Shortcut-Adjustable/dp/B01M28DHOA )I don't mind moving my hand a bit for accuracy. I've called best buy and all…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please provide an option to move layers inside the mask group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I dont see where i can draw a guid to make sure items are pixel perfectly aligned.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. You could get a tool to generate images into the shapes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Currently, zoom animation takes really long. I am used to pretty fast zooming in Photoshop and Illustrator - just one scroll of a wheel and you immediately are where you want to be.
    I think I am not the only one, thus an option to disable this long transition would be great.
    Also, there would be no need for blurring effect while zooming because there wouldn't be any redundant frames to render.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Padding style: can be applied to a shape. Then using text tool click the shape and type. The padding is maintained on resizing the object (unless the value is changed in the padding style).

Margin style: works like the space before, left, right or after in InDesign. Can be applied to any object or text block.

Paragraph styles and Character styles (useful for links) work in the same way as Indesign (perhaps using web terminology, % values, rems).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! Just in general, UserVoice works best when you only add one idea per submission. Some of the ideas you’ve suggested are already in the database, and only need to be upvoted.

Hope that helps!

Elaine

11. The Google Material UI Kit is great but could all the icons be in there please?

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hey guys what happened to this function. Every time I use the shift + alt combo to copy paste an item, the item moves. It doesn't duplicate anymore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. -We need to be able to change content on each symbol.
    such as text in buttons

-It would be awesome to add any variable such as size or state giving the ability to do responsive elements.

-another way of describing the above would be if you have a list of items but that same symbol could be turned into a grid. these are all things you can do with CSS we as designers should be able to do it in the design.

Finally, Margin's and Paddings for elements within other elements This could all be done with these custom variables…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! A couple of things about this request:
    - It’s much better to separate requests like these into individual requests, as it allows for others to search and upvote much easier
    - We already have all of these requests in our database! Please upvote the following features:

Thanks!

-Elaine

14. Here is my feedback from using XD for a day.

1. You can't really figure out how to do anything without reading the tutorial. The main issue is scrolling. Needs to be more intuitive. I nknow scroll bars aren't in vogue, but that would make it possible for people to scroll. Using a large screen external monitor and mouse, you don't have touch and the touchpad isn't as convenient.

2. Selecting elements of compound objects is REALLY HARD. You can either click about 100 times until you get it, or zoom way in, click a smaller number of times, and then scroll…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when each feature request is split up into a separate feedback session, so that others can upvote. We appreciate the confusion, and hope you found that:

1. Mousewheel support for scrolling exists, similar to our other tools
    2. Ctrl+Click will direct select objects inside groups
    3. Group and ungroup are accessible in the context menu (right click)

Thanks,

-Elaine

15. Text fields should be able to show the basic semantic categories that HTML offers: paragraphs, unordered lists/bullets, ordered lists/numbers, indentations, headings of various levels. These should be able to be controlled via styles. Otherwise, it's challenging to use XD to design any text-heavy web page or app.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. What I am missing while designing for the web with PS or AI is, the possibility to create lists (ordered or unordered) or tables or other stuff, that is possible with html/css.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In Sketch, you can right-click any area of an artboard and select any of the layers that are under the cursor. This is immensely helpful in selecting layers covered by other layers (eg, rectangles covered by text). And in the absence of a layers panel, it is the only way (that I know of). In any case, it's the most convenient way to do so.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m marking this as inactive for the following reasons:

• This was originally filed when XD had no layers panel, and it now has one
    • We also recently introduced a change to the Cmd+Click / Ctrl+Click behavior that would cycle through the layers visually as you selected on the canvas

Given these two things, I’m closing this one as no longer applicable. Feel free to file additional feature requests in this area if you still feel like XD is missing something!

18. Would be amazing having some dummy assets already available for use: things like lorem-ipsum placeholder text, content boxes (crossed out), profile picture/user silhouettes and maybe even social media profile icons (FB, Twitter).

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can adobe XD provide feature to export XML file?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s been three months since we last asked a question about what type of XML you’re looking for, and what information you’re hoping will be in the XML. I’m closing this story, so please re-file the story with that information!

Thanks,

-Elaine

20. Games are generating many times more money on iOS/Android then any other type of apps. Why ignore such a huge industry?
    Today we clearly can see shift to midcore/hardcore mobile games like MMO Real Time Strategy.
    This genre means user is forced to operate with a very complex system whith very high cognitive load.
    This games age very heavy on UI. Basically 90% of such games is UI.
    For example our upcoming sci-fi title consists of 162 unique screens with many states.
    We need a tool which will ease the process of prototyping/designing/iterating/approving the screens using our existing UIKit (a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)