Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Milan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, how has this not been deployed yet? This is THE primary reason I refuse to work with XD. There aren't enough other compelling features which motivate users to develop workarounds to compensate for its absence. What's even more peculiar is that Illustrator and Photoshop have had this for years, long before Sketch – it should be present if for no other reason to be consistent with how vectors are handled by the company's other major products. If Adobe is going to start pressuring third party agencies to use the application when working on digital solutions for the company, it needs to make the XD at least equal to, if not better than, competing products.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a pretty critical feature that's missing. We design in a mapping environment everyday, our paths / map features almost all include multiple fills / borders stacked. Recreating that in XD currently means stacking multiple shapes, which doubles the work for manipulation and limits the flexibility of the tool. Another baseline feature that should be in there.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally I'd be happy with multiple shadows to begin with. So common to layer them up in popular UI patterns now.

• Monica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the XD installed since it was released as a FREE software a while back and I said I'd give it a shot.
        I thought I didn't now how to use it when I tried to add multiple shadows and couldn't. This is really important for UI design, so please, please, add this feature.

• Hichem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree .. one of the most features that I'm missing from sketch .. +1

• Ahsan Idrisi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Agree it is the most important feature and they must work on it. It is not practical that we just have one shadow. Even CSS can have multiple shadows

• David Schulz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, this is a needed feature.......... Not sure if Adobe is still serious about XD.
        Why should some one use Adobe XD if it still feels like an alpha release?

• Jacob Estep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used Figma for a while and one of the only things I miss from it is the ability to stack fills, textures, and effects within a shape. For instance, I could have one shape with a saturation reduction filter, a blur, a translucent color, and a texture on top. In XD, I can only do 3 of those 4 and they require separate shapes each.

• Milan De Vito commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, this is the primary reason I don't currently use XD or consider switching from Sketch. This "simple" feature is too important and necessary for maintaining an efficient workflow.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The way Sketch does it is really nice (besides not being able to rearrange fills), the way Illustrator does it is a hassle. I always just add additional fills with blending modes to test out image filters while working and then go back and do the actual filters in photoshop at the end. Super useful.

Please make it so you can add as many fills as you want, and give the capability to rearrange fills

• Shavcat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to mix multiple shadows in one layer just like in Photoshop

• Denis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just realized one can do that. But the downside is, that a box cannot have an image (with transparency) and a background color at the same time.

• Denis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of times I start with images cut out from screenshots and later on replace those with vector drawings. Being able to keep the box for the background would make that process easier.

I just realized one can do that. But the downside is, that a box cannot have an image (with transparency) and a background color at the same time.

• Jason Boerner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use this feature A LOT, very necessary - even for little things like "oh i want to make a selectedd radio button" just do a double border (varied thickness) with a fill color and blammo.

• Justin Wilden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Embed an overlay 'layer' on any image, and adjust colour and opacity.

Reason: Remove the need for two objects; the image and the overlay object.

Feedback and Knowledge Base