Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. It could be nice if the boundingbox that sorrounds the font on hover, expands in size when increasing the lineheight. With that we could set the lineheight as the developers use it in css.

See example attached.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. All major OS typefaces (San Francisco, Roboto, Segoe UI) have small caps but they cannot be accessed in XD right now.

Small caps come in handy when designing user interfaces and should be accessible from within XD imo.

This is a subtask of OpenType: https://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/features_pt.htm#smcp
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/15025290-support-opentype-font-features

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. At the moment if you mask some layers or a group of layers (Mask with shape) you are not able to reorder them. They become locked, not it terms of repositioning them but your are not able to reorder them on the layer level. Right click and "Bring to front" etc. works though.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. I noticed that alt + scroll mouse to zoom has an inverted behavior from the existing paradigms that the rest of the creative suite (like Photoshop and Illustrator) set. For example: scrolling up zooms in within XD while it zooms out within PS/AI. The request is to make XD's scroll consistent with the paradigms the rest of the creative suite has set with mouse scroll zoom.

2. Inconsistent and unexpected feature behavior, especially when moving between PS/AI and XD.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If I copy a specific layer to another artboard, it should be placed above the chosen layer of the artboard, not on the top off all layers.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please allow webp images format to be imported or drag & drop directly to artboard.

This will lessen the time to convert webp to jpg, png, etc.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It's hard to describe but the thing is: In Adobe XD it's not possible to to what's shown in the attachment (it's Affinity Designer). I hope you get what I mean. It's about the fact that I cant select multiple layers without also selecting the underlying layer.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. That feature would be the killer-feature! Trust me — it will economy dozens hours of life when designers need to show links with dotted underline (which is often usable thing to hide some tips or to show user that it is clickable, but not redirecting to other url)

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hello team, make it possible to reorder Artboards as it's done on PowerPoint (Slides). This is helpful when we export all artboards into PDF. we will be able to change the order of artboards.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There should be an option for 'Edit Original' in a right-click menu.

For example, an image in the document should be able to launch Photoshop by clicking 'Edit Original'.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Just in an effort of compatibility it would be nice to have the same default shortcuts (for those used to it) or being able to customize the shortcuts. Thank you !

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Components can be very different from one another and the initial state can mean different contexts to the user.

Let us be able to rename the component's default state, so it can make more sense during the component building process.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. You shouldn't have to share to a link in order to see your CSS Specs... would be nice to be able to see and copy them from within XD

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I often use the angle values to rotate my gradients—most often from 0 to 90 (to switch between vertical gradients to horizontal ones). I know this can be accomplished by dragging the on-canvas gradient editor segment, but it slows down my workflow trying to get the end points to align on the x or y axis perfectly. Even if you could hold shift while moving the end points so it snaps to the 45, 90, etc. angles, that would be a huge help.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. While Adobe XD Team has certainly done an amazing work toward design systems creation in the tool, it still lack a bit of power.

Actually, it's quite tedious to create, maintain and use a design system in XD. Especially when working with multiple variants of a component.

Let's say I need too work on an app design and I want create my buttons in my design system : primary, secondary, alert, w/icon, large, small...

With the current XD, I only have 2 solutions and both have are really time consuming to maintain :

1. I need to create a separate component…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I created a set of cards recently, with at least 50px shadow around them. When I wanted to create a repeat-grid out of it, it calculated the repeat-grid-items from where the shadow started and not the grid. This made it super difficult to work inside my grid. Please ignore the shadows as these are not part of the layout and the grid should be only for the elements and not the shadow.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I think it would make it really easy on users if you could add a keyboard shortcut that would allow the left-up-down-right arrow keys to switch selections between art boards or components (would be nice to insta swap art-boards or just have them animate to focus on the desired board). I don't like the idea of having to use my mouse and space-bar. It just feels really inefficient.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. like in Photoshop or like iMac folder coloring - to quick initializing layers, probably I'm not first with this ask, just need ask

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)