Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. The default background color should be a mid-tone gray and not black. It is against a midtone gray that color can be most accurately assessed. Of course the preferences should remain that one can change it but default black makes little sense for a designer or artist for whom color needs to be accurate.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Text properties has been greatly improved with individual portion styling in May update, including colours in the fresh June update.

However, the individual formatting doesn't conform to text files that are dragged into a text box in Repeat Grids mode (unless the number of characters in each word is matching exactly, see attachment ‘DragDropFormatting’).

I would love to see a feature in the future that lets you set up spacing margins between text boxes that are meant for ‘drag and drop’ text files. This lets you use individual styling for each box and keep the spacing consistent. See attachment ‘TextBoxMarginsHorizontal’

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be nice if I could hold the alt / option key and click on a colour in the asset panel, to apply it to the border of a selected shape, instead of having to right-click and then select "Apply to border"

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Mac] Unintentional masking problem with SVGs when replacing via drag

Tried to find this in the forums, so I hope I'm not posting about a known issue!

I have an icon (SVG) in one of my layouts. I've duplicated my artboard several times. With regular images (like PNGs), I can just drag a new image onto the one I want to replace or swap out. Works fine. But if I use SVGs, dragging the new SVG icon onto an existing one creates a mask group...?

(v. 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.2.61)

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes, it makes sense! Once we import SVG, we essentially treat it like any other object. It sounds like you want to ensure that your SVGs retain some “image” properties and be able to swap them the way you can already swap images. I’ll keep this one as open for now! Thanks for getting back to us. :)

-Elaine

6. One thing I miss from Axure is the ability to select multiple items on the page using two options:
    1. everything contained in the selection box gets selected
    2. everything intersected by the selection box gets selected

Adobe XD only supports 2. above. When using lots of objects, option 1. often makes this a lot easier. Even selecting from the layers panel this isn't ideal. I'd love something similar to Axure in this respect

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be nice to be able to replace a group with a component. Here is a common use case: An artboard has been duplicated several times, and there is a change to the copy. The copy group is made into a component on one artboard, but the other artboards still have the groups. Being able to drop a symbol onto a group would quickly replace the grouped content with the component, which could then be updated universally. Additionally, if you could select multiple groups and have every group in the selection be replaced with a symbol, it would be…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add corner shapes. Slanted is the most urgent as it's too basic to not already exist, but others like anti square etc would be welcomed.
    Corner radius would set the size of all or individual corners , just as for the round shape. See menu.png.

All designs are not round! This will add a lot of flexibility for shape design and allow more diversity.

Thank you.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Many icon sets define a specific (often square) area that represents the boundaries for all icons. In the SVG format, this boundary is specified by the SVG viewBox attribute. Individual icons will have varying measurements for their vector shapes, e.g. a "minus" icon's vector-shape will have a larger width than height. When scaling icons, if you can rely on the viewBox size, you can scale all icons to consistent sizes (e.g. 24x24 or 48x48).

Currently when importing an SVG icon into Adobe XD, the object will have the vector-shapes measurements, so that scaling multiple icons from the same icon set…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to request that the text box be really tight against text/letters which would really help in calculating the amount of pixels between text instead of the text box. If you made this change it would really make mine and a lot of people's lives easier. Keep on rocking XD!!!

• Felipe
    51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Just like in Illustrator, have the ability to combine two end points so that you can create a shape based on previously created lines as opposed to making a new shape entirely.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great to clean up assets in the Assets panel. To be able to identify duplicate and unused assets, fix them in the file and remove the extras.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow abillity to import and apply svg/png patterns & textures as "Fills".

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The idea is to be able to leverage content already on the web via a URL, for prototyping purposes.

It could be as simple as the following:

1. Add a new "Web container" type of object
    2. Double-click for a popup asking for the URL, press enter

The content could load right away. Xd could take a snapshot of it so that it doesn't slow things down in Design mode, but in Proto mode it would of course show live content.

There would also be more options, like enabling/disabling vertical and horizontal scrolling for the container.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would be great if you could add this feature from Illustrator (Ctrl + D), it's a very handy thing even to have... wish i had it in Photoshop

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have the ability to set the global borders thicker and sketchy/squiggly looking. It sounds slightly ridiculous (although very true), but every time I showcased wireframes with squiggly lines at stake holder meetings/reviews/etc, people have a better tendency to understand that it's work in progress and focus more on the core issues at hand.

When the lines are straight, comments regarding spacing, type, color, copy tend more to be part of the conversation and it's a constant battle to remind people that these are still work in progress.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It's easy to accidentally click on the label (i.e. iPhone 6) and move an artboard when working with design elements close to the boundaries.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When padding is on and you move some elements, the width/height of the grou changes. It's a problem when you want to for example have specific width of the element (i.e. background shoud be 1920px wide or button should be 48px in height, when you turn on padding and change font size your button is not 48px anymore).

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I hope for next update, Responsive Resize should disable by default. It's very annoy for editing existed artwork

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 10 12 68 69