Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. It would be great to include page numbers on the actual artboards similar to indesign for presentation purposes.

Clients often get lost due to screen share lag, so having the page number available would greatly help.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Just like most adobe tools, it's possible to customize your work space, would be great to have that in XD.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It's possible to reset the state of subcomponents to the status of the master component. Somethimes Iam editing subcomponents in a way that I like the design of them more and I want to adapt all other components accordingly. For this I have to do all changes for the master component again. I would like to have the option to create a new master component from a subcomponent or reset the master component to the state of a subcomponent.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be great for the user to be able to choose how they want to view their layers—like sketch or like current XD. Let the user decided which works best for them. I like seeing everything, not just the artboard I am on.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want to scale groups of text or text with images in one group and make all of them big or small at the same time.

I don't want to scale each one of them in order to get the size I'm looking for.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. At the moment text leading is made in the same way as in InDesign, its auto or set in px. As we make prototypes for web, text leading could be set the same way as in CSS: in % or just as value: e.g. 1.5. At the moment in XD if you set text leading. for example 13px, all character styles used in text frame have it set to this value.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Subform allows a designer to design on 1 art and it will translate to ALL sizes without having to manually resize for every viewport.

That is dope! You guys need to get on that.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Similar to the rest of the creative suite, the ability to click on an object (text or object) and holding down option + moving that object with arrow keys (while also holding down shift) to duplicate the object.

2. Quickest and most painless path to duplicating objects over click + copy + paste imho.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. While we're waiting on Xd to add a feature for annotations / documentation / callouts / etc., I have come up with a very useful workaround. This workaround lets you add a notes panel next to each artboard that can be easily moved with the artboard, scaled to accommodate longer scrolling pages, and can be easily shown or hidden when running in preview mode.

This attached document includes lots of detail on how to use the workaround yourself, as well as plenty of feedback for the Xd team on what I'd like to see in the annotations feature once they…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It's seems that mask with shape doesn't work with grouped or symbols elements.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Technically its possible: automatic hyphenation. It would great to implement automatic hyphenation into Xd.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice to be able to precisely swap the position of two artboards by dragging and holding a modifier key. So for instance, if there are three artboards in a row, I could hold CMD while dragging artboard 1, and as I hover between artboards 2 and 3, artboard 2 moves to the left to make room to drop artboard 1.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When I select an existing artboard, the properties panel at the right should present the list of stock sizes (E.g., Apple Watch) for changing the size, with the current stock size selected if it's there.

I don't care about the content conforming to the new size (though that would be nice).

Scenario: I've created a bunch of wires and now want to show selected screens targeting a different device:

Desired steps: duplicate that artboard, set it to a different stock size by selecting it at the right, resize and rearrange a bunch of stuff in the artboard.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a button to flip a gradient (as is possible in Illustrator).

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When scaling text boxes, the text box scales but the text inside remains the same size. This can be handy for scaling at the same size, but very inconvenient when you need smaller paragraph text and have to reformat manually. Holding Command-⌘ (or CTRL on Windows) while you scale down a text box should allow you to reduce the size of the textbox and its contents.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I find myself mousing around quite a bit to change colors. I hate using the trackpad/mouse if at all possible. I'd like to be able to Select Object > {press a key to open Fill/Border color} > Type/Paste Hex Code > Enter.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Select All currently selects everything on every artboard. I'm not sure I would ever need that-- in fact it's potentially destructive. Select all should probably just apply to a single art board, with another item added to the menu (Select All Artboards).

Even better.. give us pages.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'd love to be able to include emojis in texts when I'm designing.

In fact I'd love to be able to include my own icons, pasted into texts, similar to what you can do with indesign!

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We should be able to set negative distance for Stack groups. Would allow to have elements partially hidden under another.

It's possible to do this with Repeat Grid - set negative distance between grid elements. Not sure why you didn't allow us to do the same with Stack.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)