Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Please enable the possibility to swap a component with another component via right-click. It could for instance be useful when swapping one button to a button with another colour from your component list.

Right now you have to drag it onto the artboard and place it using the align tools and delete the older one. This could be made much easier by just a right-click

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be great if XD can place images or psd files into design like indesign. And also linked files must be updated in XD after editing images or psd files.

For example; while creating a landing page, the hero image is a complicated design; designed in photoshop. Right now if i wanted to edit hero image i have to open psd file, edit it, export it and place it to XD. But it can be like indesign; cmd+double click placed psd file on XD then PS opens, i edit and save then on XD updated new image on screen.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hi, I really get the urge to use a minimalistic design UI in your new software, but the design should not stand in the way of usability.

One problem I have is that is is really hard to distinguish between active layers and none active ones because the grey color is way to similar.

Also (example attachment) it is hard to quickly see which layers are grouped with which folder/symbol if the Layerbox has a lot of layers. (Maybe use an down facing arrow like in Photoshop)

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Instead of having the option to ungroup components it would be much better to have an option to break components and turn them back to groups with the same name as the component, if I then want to un-group its a simple keystroke to do so. Right now I have to go back in and re-group and re-name every component that was just ungrouped.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. sometimes you copy and paste symbols from different files, it would be good to highlight the duplicate symbols, with an option to merge them all somehow or delete the extra ones.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It's completely annoying when I trying select area in isolation mode but instead selecting some objects in the background due to Xd exiting from isolation mode.

Please make Isolation mode same to Ai isolation mode: double click on object to enter isolation mode, double click out of object to leave isolation mode.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. (1) While editing a component, you can't change the state of the component unless you click on the parent layer first.

The State menu in the inspector panel disappears when you select anything other than the root layer. This makes it so you cannot change the state unless you have the root layer selected.

Instead, the State menu should be available while any layer inside the component is selected.

Let's say I'm making a button and changing the size of the shape layer. I want to match the Default state and Hover state, so with the shape layer selected I…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Especially in a group, lines gives the group additional 0.5px x and y which is so annoying for pixel purfect :D

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. How about when having text in a Repeat Grid being able to add an integer like:

• Some text #{i}

which would render as:

• Some text 1
    • Some text 2
    • Some text 3
    • Some text 4 …etc…

?
    That would be cool!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be great to be able to drag guides from anywhere, not just the top and left of an art board. Sometimes I am editing a master component on the pasteboard and I cannot grab any guides. Other times I am zoomed in or at the bottom of a long page and I have to zoom out go and grab a guide and then find my place again. I would like to be able to get guides no matter where I am, I am thinking of allowing them to be pulled out globally from the top of the interface…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be awesome if character styles were implemented in a similar way to how CSS behaves. For example, you could set a character style and then create a new character style that is based on the previous style which has some overridden style changes (like color, for example), BUT it the second character style would still maintain a link to the first.

This could be similar to how the cascade works in CSS or how nested styles works currently in InDesign

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A simple example. We create 4 different artboards. (1200px, 992px, 768px, 576px)
    2. Connect in prototype mode from left to right.
    3. We check in preview mode.

Now when we click anywhere, our artboards will change from the largest to the smallest.

It can be seen that after each change, the Preview window keeps the beginner value. In this case 1200px.

I would like it to automatically adjust the size of the preview window to the width of the artboard.

This will be a very good solution for a better view of responsiveness.

You can do it in two ways.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be really nice to know the count of artboards in your file

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have a simple utility keyboard shortcut or icon in the alignment panel for swapping places of two selected elements. Simply interchange X and Y between the 2 selected objects. It'd be useful when selecting 2 art boards as well.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I love that the Xd team values the designer's flow, so that the designer can work as efficiently as possible, without the tool getting in the way.

Setting colors is a perfect case study for this. There's nothing more flow-breaking than having to go fetch something in the toolbar, especially with a common operation like setting colors.

Needless to say it would be "un-Xd" not to have intuitive, flow-friendly keyboard shortcuts for these operations... so, here are some ideas:

If using straight keyboard keys:

"i" to activate the Fill eyedropper
    "b" to activate the Border eyedropper

Ctrl+i to remove Fill…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Slice out elements from xd to make jpegs/pngs other files

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export APK file...

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I realize XD has a "Zoom to Selection" command (Cmd-3 on Mac), but it would be better if the default behavior for zoom (Cmd-plus) would center the zoom view on a selected object, just like InDesign and Illustrator do.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Arrow buttons for each text input to increase/decrease values with mouse click as any other design software.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The current feature of switching on/off snapping by holding "Cmd" in Mac or "Ctrl" in Windows doesn't work properly. Additionally, we couldn't align shapes or objects with one another as there isn't feature to turn on/off the snap to pixel grid for the entire document.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please note that the Cmd/Ctrl keyboard shortcut you’ve mentioned below is actually used for turning off snapping to other objects and to the layout or square grid. I’ll merge this with another request.