Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. While drawing a shape, you should be able to hold the spacebar to adjust its position. I use this shortcut all the time in Photoshop and Sketch.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. While the current spellcheck is great when you are typing, there's currently no way of running spellcheck across all your artboards in a project.

I end up copying and pasting a lot of text into a design when I'm working but there's no guarantee that the spelling and grammar is correct. Currently, I would have to go through each text area individually.

It would be fantastic if this improvement could be considered.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A newbie here. There might be a way to do this without overcomplicating like i might have done. So:

I was building a table where i have the family of a product on one row for example "Wood" and it's children, for example "birch wood", "pine", etc.and to separate the "Parent Row" ( please see photo 1 ) which is a dropdown, from the "Child Row" ( please see photo 2 ) i had to create a new component and then build up the states again. Also for the "stock warning" one ( please see photo 3 ) i had…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I love the Fix Position When Scrolling option, but it only works for the outermost group/object in that artboard. This is very annoying, as I like to use nested groups a lot, and I'd like to fix the position of something within a subgroup, but the outside items should not be fixed. This would particularly help me because I like to have 3 main groups: header, content, and footer, and I can't organize my objects in this manner if I need to fix the scroll.

If this helps the developers (because I'm one), I'd compare this to properties in HTML.…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As a designer, Boolean operations are a must have. I can't create nice clean curves/shapes for icons without the full boolean operations.

So at this moment, Adobe XD have the four basic Boolean Operation and this is not enough to produce complex shapes in some cases.

We need all the boolean operations to be included in addition to the included ones, see the attachment please so you can understand what I mean.

Thank you!

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Distribute spacing in Illustrator is such a simple yet effective command. Dragging objects around the artboard and aligning them with the mouse is fine in some situations. But when it comes to working with smaller objects it's faster and more efficient to use distribute spacing. Don't skip this amazing command for XD.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to be able to prevent the Select tool from automatically selecting the topmost layer (just like in Photoshop) so I can drag/move items without having to select them directly or have my cursor directly on them.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When designing web layouts I always need to adjust viewport height manually. It would be nice to have an option to make artboards auto adjustible.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Columns exist but rows would be useful for app screens and display units.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Is it possible to use the same 'Links' window from InDesign as a feature in XD?

Example: I am working on a website for a client with multiple artboards and lots of images. I need full control and understanding of the output resolution of each image and also it's file name and location (when not working from images in CC libraries). There are some watermaked stock images and I will need to go through them, download and relink on approval - then export each asset.

Having the Links panel integrated into XD from InDesign would be a massive help and…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great if it was possible to merge styles or characters. For example if I have a font style in the same weight, but in slightly different colors, it would be great to have the possibility to merge these two into one style, without having to relink the existing text boxes. Same would go for colors.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When designing complex widgets that are reproduced as repeat grids I oftentimes need to rearrange the z-order contained layers within the repeat grid.
    Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. If this is not supported as a feature the interface should indicate so. Now the contained layers look like regular layers outside a grid, but behave otherwise.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add an option to turn on line spacing snap for text boxes. This would make it easier to have consistent padding above/under text boxes no matter how many lines of text are in it.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Currently in XD you have to mask images with a shape, which takes extra steps to accomplish. Being able to paste images or artwork into shapes similar to InDesign is much faster workflow and only requires a single step when working on the canvas.

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As has been noted for this to be a good web app it will need to fully embrace css and render it accurately.

However some display capabilities would inevitably require special markup, complex css constructs, javascript etc... in development that would be beyond the scope of this program if this is to remain a pure design app.

Therefore it would be useful to tag objects or artboards to display in strict mode - exactly according to css properties - or to display in lets say design mode to allow freeform placement of objects which would require additional markup in development…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I type in a text box on the artboard and I hit escape it keeps the text I just changed and takes me out of editing mode with the cursor.

When I type in a layer to change the name of it and I hit escape it removes the changes I just made and take me out of editing mode with the cursor. To effectively keep the changes I must hit return on the keyboard.

If I hit return on the keyboard while editing a text box on the artboard I get what I would expect -- a carriage…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Currently, when we have a group containing a text element and a rectangle (e.g. for a button), when resizing the group to make it smaller, the font size changes. It would be good to have an option to disable this behavior, because often we want to make a group smaller, because the button should be smaller, but not change the font size.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Editing gutter width automatically changes my margins to adjust to account for the static column size and changing gutter size. A similar thing happens when changing the column size. Other fields are getting auto set to some value when I don't want them to change. This means I'm not able to get the correct grid size at all.

It would be nice to set each one independently or have an option to lock in some values so I can eventually get the correct sized grid.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In Japanese language, both vertical writing and horizontal writing are used, because I want vertical writing features.

縦書きテキスト
    垂直文本
    세로 텍스트

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Right now the layout grid is very basic and solves just a very basic scenario. But with complex and large websites / apps that have nested column layouts it's to simple.

Taking Bootstrap 4 as a reference that allow you to create rows which also contain N amount of columns, it would be a massive help to be sure that this behaviour could be reproduced.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)