Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. When drag-copying dartboards to create new ones, a 'space-hypehn-space-number' is added to the name. These spaces carry over to the exported files. Obviously this is not good practice as spaces should be used in files intended for web use. Are you planning on removing these in a future update?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. This is very hard to describe in words so please see the screenshot.

Essentially, let's put WIDTH and HEIGHT side by side in the toolbar interface, and below that, place X and Y coordinates side by side.

Further, please add the coordinate origin (that little thing that defines where on the object the X and Y coordinates are referencing. The absence of this is a major frustration for me in Sketch and Keynote. (perhaps a power feature, but standard in Adobe apps)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to use icon libraries (web fonts) without to install them as fonts in my system. For that it would be great to have the option to use all icons of a downloaded "woff-file" i.e. from the following sites and embed them into the xd project:

materialdesignicons.com
    flaticon.com
    Google Web Fonts
    FontAwesome

1,009 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Slice out elements from xd to make jpegs/pngs other files

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The tab button on a keyboard doesn't indent text like it would in every other text tool in adobe suite.

please make the tab button indent paragraph text.

249 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The idea behind InCopy was always an awesome one for print layouts. It never really took off in InDesign's web mode, because using InDesign for mobile application development is a bit like running a marathon in hiking boots.

There is still a huge use case for integrating real copy with the design process. It would be awesome if we had a way to do that. Is there any chance that we might be able to get a creative cloud integration between XD and Adobe's primary copywriting tool?

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SVG gradients are not rendered correctly when importing this image in AdobeXD.
    See the reference file with embedded bitmaps to see how it is rendered compared to how it should be rendered.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When you select the rectangle, ellipse or line tool, the 1px outline goes blue to show it is selected and active. It would be nice to also slightly darken/lighten the background color of the selected tool too just to show contrast as the 1px blue is too subtle, I have to click twice to be sure my selected tool is actually active.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have the ability to set the global borders thicker and sketchy/squiggly looking. It sounds slightly ridiculous (although very true), but every time I showcased wireframes with squiggly lines at stake holder meetings/reviews/etc, people have a better tendency to understand that it's work in progress and focus more on the core issues at hand.

When the lines are straight, comments regarding spacing, type, color, copy tend more to be part of the conversation and it's a constant battle to remind people that these are still work in progress.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. At JBF Sports, we have been creating stickers in AI: using the Offset Path under Object, we can take the initial shape and offset the path which I then fill with white to create the exact shape of that sticker.

We are slowly moving into Xd to be able to export our assets quickly in svg and png.

other keywords: grow path, shrink path

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As has been noted for this to be a good web app it will need to fully embrace css and render it accurately.

However some display capabilities would inevitably require special markup, complex css constructs, javascript etc... in development that would be beyond the scope of this program if this is to remain a pure design app.

Therefore it would be useful to tag objects or artboards to display in strict mode - exactly according to css properties - or to display in lets say design mode to allow freeform placement of objects which would require additional markup in development…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be great to have a generic "find and replace" inside the edit menu like most text editors have. What would be even better is if you could select the find and replace function to use the current art board, or all art boards. This is super helpful if you're mocking up redundant content that has a slight name change between screens.

1,809 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Being able to see fonts exactly how they look in a web browser is crucial. I would love to have a preview mode that allow this.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Maybe something like Abobe Comp is enough. It is very simple and useful

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add the option to import and use svg animated icons and buttons in the layout, with the animate on click option. This would make very easy to makeup prototypes of UI components.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add the option to change a single element in repeated grid without breaking the entire grid or changing the other elements in it. This is important for designing single elements interactions in list. For example if I want to expand / select / change an element of a repeated grid, I need to have multiple "states" of each elements (ie. expanded, collapsed, selected, deselected, etc.).
    This can be obtained simply assigning additional graphic elements (positioned outside the device canvas) to the repeated grid. Once assigned as a "element state n°2", it would then display a floating option near each…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think the original title may have been interpreted in different ways by different people. Here’s a clarification on how we’re interpreting this request and other related ones. Feel free to adjust your votes to reflect the ones you find most important.

This request is about dynamic behavior when users are interacting with your shared prototype:

For simpler, non-interactive versions of this request, please see:

17. Please allow the software to update font files without having to quit the application and relaunch it. Thank you !

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option for choosing different design visualization: artboards (as it is now) and scrolling pages like InDesign.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Holding Option to duplicate an element is missing the cursor feedback from PS / AI (the double arrow) when you are hovering over an element that can be duplicated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hello!

Presently when I want to add an item to the repeat grid, I can only expand to the right or bottom of the grid to add items.

However, there are times when I realize I want to add a unique item to the top my pattern.

(An example: I want to create a mobile nav menu of 7 stacked labels. The client returns and wants to add one to the top. At present, I would need to expand at the bottom, then re-input the labels one by one.)

It would be super convenient if I could also expand to…

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)