Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. In photoshop, you can import .csh files that contain a myriad of UI icons and shapes, and then draw them in the same way as a rectangle or ellipse. This has been invaluable as i can simply choose the icon shape i wish to use, and then create it to the size i want. I understand that you can bring in vector objects from illustrator, but it would save time if a "custom shapes" option was added. Perhaps this would allow people to create a material design icon set, or an ios icon set that could be accessed on demand…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Description:
    Once I select a font in TEXT panel I want this font to be default font every time I use the Text tool. Until I change it again.

Why is this valuable to you:
    Now you have to change font every time when you use Text tool — bad usability. Slows down the workflow.

Additional request 1:
    Also, it would be nice to set a base font size for the project. So that every time I use Text tool I'm suggested this exact size.

Additional request 2:
    Possibility to set up default global font sizes for <p>, <h1>, <h2>,…

693 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Note: there’s a limited version of this feature already available. If you select an existing piece of text and then leave it selected while you use the Text tool to create new text, its style will match the piece of text you had selected.

3. When creating repeat grids for content, creating a table for example, having the ability to tab through the contents of a repeat grid would speed this process up significantly.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be great to have another section for Artboard presets that are your own. I have a few sizes I like to use that are not a preset and would be great if I could define my own name them and have a category of most used or user defined. Maybe Just a My category for presets. Thanks much I am loving this app a great deal keep up the awesome work!

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I don't know it's considered as a bug or if it's beaucause it's not final yet.

1. 0.5.0.4 Beta

2. Having a repeat grid with content in it already. Trying to add new element within the groups of the grid (which because of the logic of no layers, adds the object in each duplicate). Finally, move the whole group (normally considered as the reference object for the grid) to adjust the spacing in height of the content.

3. I was hoping when I drag the repeat grid handle down, the following content would take in account the respacing.

4. It does not.

5. Video attached.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Winnie,

Thank you for your feedback! We already have a feature in the backlog for adjusting the cell size based on the content and that will solve the issue you describe. Currently the size of the repeat grid cells is fixed and only their padding adjustable.

Kind regards,
    Florin

6. Select All currently selects everything on every artboard. I'm not sure I would ever need that-- in fact it's potentially destructive. Select all should probably just apply to a single art board, with another item added to the menu (Select All Artboards).

Even better.. give us pages.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I'd love to have some animation presets, like in After Effect so I can make objects, on say page transitions, animate out or give objects animated user feedback so they know its been selected or it can't be selected. Also someway of custom animations through key framing would be cool.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Like Sketch's "Around selection" option

Create a custom size artboard

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I use Illustrator's split into grid in almost every session. It's brilliant, and although I see you are working in a lot of automatic gutter / guide / spacing assistance in XD, i'd love to see this feature.

Great for making the first instance of repeat grid items that XD then repeats so well.

It could be simplified, but the functionality is priceless!!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would be very handy to adjust letter spacing in pixels. Because in CSS you also do it that way … and rather more .. there is no half pixel …

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. As a product manager, so far loving AXD & can't wait for few top feature requests like UI, Icon libraries etc. It has made prototyping so much faster.
    I would recommend, if a Product manager or designer picks a certain design template such as iOS flat design or Android Material Design then recommend or suggest possible issues across web vs mobile design during design mode. For e.g. width or placement of a grid element that is responsive, recommend best practices in design mode based on the device selected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Could we have a place to share UI Kits and other assets

Here is a Foundation 6 one I've made to get things going

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Could you add the possibility of scaling a repeat group without moving the child items from their position on the artboard?

Holding down ALT scale from the center of the group but all the children move along with the top left corner which is annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I love the way we can add space between items of a repeat grid. I'd like to see this feature also for items with different sizes. For instance a navigation bar, where every item has a different width. There it would be very nice to be able to "drag" the space between the items to in- or decrease the gap/padding. See the picture attached!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 406 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Measurements in the PI for multi-selected objects (show width/height of overall selection)

When selecting multiple objects, XD doesn't show width/height of combined elements! It only shows it when objects are grouped. This is valuable because I can see the quick measurements of, for example; grouped images that spread for 12 columns. That way I can eliminate possible measurements errors.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Arrow buttons for each text input to increase/decrease values with mouse click as any other design software.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to see an ON/OFF switch to test for color conflicts with regard to 508 compliance.

This is valuable to me because I design for a large company and we need to make sure that everything tests fine against 508 compliance, which includes color conflicts for color blindness and deficiencies.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we still don’t have the tools built right into XD (and so I’m leaving this open), we do have at least one plugin to help with color blindness checking. Please do check out the plugins section of XD to see if one will work for you!

20. there is 'shadow' but that is only for the bottom of any object. please add outer/inner glow.
    otherwise- everything is amazing.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)