Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. I wish I had the ability to select an image and be able to update the file or change the image with out having to import another image if it is exactly the same size or I updated the design.

242 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Would love access to color libraries like the Pantone color books as I do use these even in my UX Design and prototypes.

(Original request: Just trying out the new Adobe Experience Design application and not to thrilled about the mac color picker. Would love to see the photoshop or illustrator color picker, color swatches and access to color libraries like the Pantone color books as I do use these even in my UX Design and prototypes.)

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The ability to add your own UI Kits to the start screen

It's great having iOs etc on there but for professionals working on lots of projects (web based) for big brands there is definitely a need to have custom UI Kits for each brand. This will speed up projects massively as well as maintaining consistency across all projects. Thats essential when you are working to strict brand guidelines.

Make it happen Adobe ;)

806 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It will be great if repeat grid work in way like this:

I want to show how recommended item will look like. I'm double-clicked wished element title and turn off "Fill" checkbox in "Inherit" panel. Now I can change color only for this title, but if I will change font-size, for example, all titles will change it, because "font-size" checkbox is active. If I click "Fill" again, my title will be back to gray.

All checkbox is active by default — so behavior will be just like now and it will take full control and understanding what and when happens.

464 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Being able to create custom nudge distance (mapped to a hotkey + direction key) in addition to the standard nudge would be very useful.

Use Case: The site uses 30px multiples for spacing. We set the custom nudge distance to 30px, create a new element and nudge it down once for 30px or twice for 60px for fast uniform spacing. This also works well for measuring out distances; create a 30px tall rectangle and select the bottom edge with the direct selection tool (another feature we need), now nudge it down 3 times for a 4x height. Or change a…

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. It would be great to see smart guides appear for elements outside of a repeat grid sometimes. In the example attached, the purple boxes are in a Repeat Grid, and I may want to line up the orange box (outside of the Repeat Grid) with one of the boxes within the Repeat Grid.

2. Because I'm utilizing Repeat Grid for some basic things like avatars, but might have a standalone element (like type) aligned with a specific part of the Repeat Grid... and having the guides + snap to guide would help a lot!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Being able to create alternating colors to rows or columns after using the repeat grid tool. Very useful for when creating tables that need visual separations between data.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow me to have various layout types iterating within a repeating grid. This could be driven from an excel spreadsheet with true or false conditions or some way to indicate for this Data Set, pull Layout X. This would allow me to pull real data and then scrub the data to indicate which layout type to pull for representation. This would include pulling a different layout to accommodate extra data.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. That feature would be the killer-feature! Trust me — it will economy dozens hours of life when designers need to show links with dotted underline (which is often usable thing to hide some tips or to show user that it is clickable, but not redirecting to other url)

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. To speed up work with text in few columns — just like in InDesign

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I really like the feature on InDesign where you can view the baseline grid for text. Since the placement of text on a website depends on where it sits in its own baseline grid, it would be really helpful if there was a way to toggle it on and off.

Having this would make it easier to know where exactly a block of text would be placed if it were say, 30px underneath an image.

It would also really help if I wanted to make a word have a background color, so I could easily figure out how tall that…

262 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Million times I've heard designers from my network complaining about toy-like anchor points in Sketch. I've even read articles about this online (seriously, google it).

I think that as a real-world UX and UI tool Adobe XD is supposed to provide a sense of a precise and reliable mechanism that does the job, and it's already surpassing Sketch in this aspect, but the anchor points are killing it for me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Some LCD pixels are non-square shape. For example, displays for industrial devices. In this case, the aspect ratio of the pixel remains close to square -- usually the difference between horizontal and vertical does not exceed 10%.

But nevertheless, the distortion of the elements due to this distinction can sometimes be seen on the display destination (target) device.

Propose to add the sizes for non-square pixels, and the simulation display similar to pixels on a computer screen of the designer (whose pixels are square) to display on the screen the designer was the same as it is on the screen…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to align text to the top/middle/bottom of the text box. I'm sure you've already got the horizontal alignment options covered in your checklist.

1,728 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please implement a ‘Reset Bounding Box’ function for drawn vector shapes. They conflict with alignment and centring.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Just in an effort of compatibility it would be nice to have the same default shortcuts (for those used to it) or being able to customize the shortcuts. Thank you !

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for your feedback! This feature is already in our backlog – not sure when it will arrive, but we’re aware of the need for it.

Regards,
    Joe

• Anchor Points are a bit tough to manipulate. The manipulation right now is too 'free'.

• Points only align to other points within the same vector object and not boundaries, points or edges of other shapes.

There should be object and point snapping as well as holding shift to snap to axis etc.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)