Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. A quick toggle for pixel preview would be much appreciated. Just like the one in Adobe Illustrator.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Wouldn't be easy if I were select similar object like Adobe Illustrator does?

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A 'Properties' or Meta panel, different from a 'CSS' panel.

This panel would have information on imported or placed files and their attributes.

Files would have their source (src) property, original dimensions, size, etc. Maybe even a little thumbnail.

There would also be a way of changing the linked file, opening source file in associated software etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be nice to be able to precisely swap the position of two artboards by dragging and holding a modifier key. So for instance, if there are three artboards in a row, I could hold CMD while dragging artboard 1, and as I hover between artboards 2 and 3, artboard 2 moves to the left to make room to drop artboard 1.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'd love to be able to include emojis in texts when I'm designing.

In fact I'd love to be able to include my own icons, pasted into texts, similar to what you can do with indesign!

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When I select an existing artboard, the properties panel at the right should present the list of stock sizes (E.g., Apple Watch) for changing the size, with the current stock size selected if it's there.

I don't care about the content conforming to the new size (though that would be nice).

Scenario: I've created a bunch of wires and now want to show selected screens targeting a different device:

Desired steps: duplicate that artboard, set it to a different stock size by selecting it at the right, resize and rearrange a bunch of stuff in the artboard.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hi!

I know I can directly select a non-group object no matter how deeply grouped it is by Command-clicking it. But if I want to select a group that's grouped multiple levels deep, I'm forced to double-click my way down until I reach it.

Double-clicking multiple times in a row has annoying feel of excess effort and sluggishness, probably because the minimum elapsed time the OS needs between double-clicks in order to recognize them as separate events is way too long.

In other products I use (OmniGraffle, Axure), single-clicking an object or a group that's one level down within an…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I posted this on the Adobe forums but realized this is the proper place to post.

I would like to see a tool similar to the "Add Anchor Points" tool in Illustrator, but potentially with a few more features.

Along with the normal "Add Anchor Points" feature, It would be really nice to be able to select 2 anchor points, use "Add Anchor Points" and choose how many anchor points to add between the two selected points, equally spaced out. This could also work with selecting more than 2 anchor points, or an entire shape.

Thanks.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It's currently possible to round corners on primitive shapes. As soon as additional anchor points are added, or a shape is created from scratch using the pen tool, the ability to round corners is removed.

It would be nice to have this option at all times.

296 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2,901 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In order to facilitate interactions within a page, allow a "widget" designer, such that these widgets are fully responsive to touch and context data, etc.
    Once a widget is in the library pallete, the user can drop these in anywhere. With data binding, widget may appear on different pages, and show updates state. For example if the widget had a clock in it the time would be updating every second, and this widget may appear on any screen.
    I might suggest looking a "web components" for this purpose, and framework around using them inside the Xd App as described. These…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Character Panel: To have Auto suggest features. It gets pretty annoying when you have to hit the drop down menu repeatedly in the workflow. This feature maybe be reused in other places as well!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 639 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be great to have the ability to 'detach' / 'tear off' the properties panel from Xd to accommodate use on multiple displays. (Like Ps panels)

This would give us more room to work and use all panels etc. on a second screen or even allow for floating panels.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Object position is updated live when you move objects. Would be nice to see cursor position as well in the right sidebar. It helps to measure object distances when the smart guides don't register.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It's easy to accidentally click on the label (i.e. iPhone 6) and move an artboard when working with design elements close to the boundaries.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Would be great if illustrator's outline mode could be used in XD as well.
    cmd+Y would switch the view to outlines.
    Benefits:
    • Easy selection of objects no matter how deeply hidden they are
    • Great overview of the construction of the scene

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. At the moment a locked object can still be selected, hindering the ability to select an object underneath.

It would be great if locked object would be completely disabled, similar to how an illustrator locked object behaves.

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create a 'repeat-grid cell template' that can be used on many artboards, or even on the same artboard where I need to separate them into categories. Edit the 'cell-template-A' and all repeat grids using that template update accordingly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)