Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. I am not sure if you already have a request for this, however, it would be nice if we could add a border on the outside of a masked circle or square.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would work like in Illustrator: Select all text - press alt and either up or down arrows to increase or decrease the spacing. That is assuming there isn't shortcut keys already?

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to create interactive relationships, like radio inputs, if you select one it deselects the other. Selecting different options can change the outcome when the user hits 'Submit' etc

1,774 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In any Adobe app, or most any Mac design app, you can drag an image from your finder, or straight from a browser onto the app icon, and it will open up a canvas with that image sized exactly to the size of that image. Use that feature in fireworks and photoshop daily. However, when doing this with Xd it gives an error. You can drag an image onto the canvas itself from a web browser but dragging onto the icon does not appear to work.

A while back it stopped working with Fireworks too, but Adobe finally fixed it…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 271 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. On the web, i often use line height to determin the height of the types container. Therefore the text should sit vertically centrally to its line height. This is different to how line height works in print.
    I also use line height for vertical rhythm. see more info on this here:
    http://typecast.com/blog/4-simple-steps-to-vertical-rhythm

vertical rhythm is a huge factor when I design for web

341 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Similar to Photoshop or Illustrator (See attached file), it would be valuable to allow for multiple files to be opened and arranged in the design pane using tabs. This would give users a quick way to switch between their projects and will provide a much better workflow in general.

This is a must for me!

638 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. An option for locking the objects underneath the selected object for locking could also be considered, which may help at certain instances.

While 'Cmd+L' locks individual object, 'Cmd+Shift+L' can be assigned to lock all the objects underneath the selected objects too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When updating few artboards that have same element positioning it would be could to be able to align elements using smart guides with elements that are on other artboard than the one working on.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would love to see snapping with the vector tool the way they’ve implemented in Figma (figma.com). Love the ability to snap-align points on a path, especially with the temporary rulers that flash during intersection.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When I design for the web, it's crucial to be able to see the fonts exactly as they will display on a web browser. I use Typecasto for this and I would love to be able to see this integrated in XD.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. With FontAwesome font files and the like, it's impractical to make quick use of their icons/glyphs without a palette, as the entire character set does not use qwerty, but are special/hidden characters.

I can live without granular type tools like kerning, but not having accessibility to the glyphs of a given font file is a dearly missed feature from working in Photoshop or Illustrator. At least on OS X, the OS character viewer is not as friendly as Adobe's other implementations of the glyphs palette.

Thanks for your hard work.

800 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Making more complex vector drawings is difficult without a tool like the scissor tool from Illustrator.

Creating arches like the attached image in Illustrator is super easy with the combination of the scissor and circle tool, but in XD it is very difficult.

316 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If an object's opacity is set to zero and you then 'alt-drag' it, there's no preview of the new object's edges, so you can't see what you're alt-dragging. Illustrator solved this by using the object's 'Outline mode' preview when alt-dragging.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resize/move feedback for invisible shapes definitely could be improved, and we are tracking that issue. As a workaround, you can toggle the fill or stroke on for a moment, adjust the shape, and then toggle it back off.

If you’re using an invisible rectangle to define a hit area for Prototyping mode, you may also be interested in upvoting https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12931899-actual-hotspots, which would let you more easily define interaction hotspots that don’t match up exactly with the size & shape of any of your visible artwork.

15. Add a top level adjustment mode on each layer or group to fine tune the current fill and border colors. Mods should be presented as layers and stackable to create different combinations.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sorry if this is a repeat feature request...

It would be great if we could use percentages for border-radius values. That way the radius would scale proportionally as the shape is resized.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I know Layer Panel is on the way so I hope this idea will help.

Naming Layer is still one of the worst nightmare. We forget to name layer and group all the time. We need good naming for organizing and exporting assets but with hundred of layers after the design done, we just cannot complete this task well.

So I think you should make a new kind of naming process to encourage designers do it as an important part of their routine.

My idea is a naming box appearing after we add an vector, bitmap or a shape. The…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Having the UI Kits (and hopefully in the future customs ones as well) is great. But now you have to open a separate file, select what you want, copy it, go back, paste it.. If there could be a (sidebar) panel with all these loose elements as a library that you could just drag in... That would be amazing!

Thanks.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Em values allows me to set relative values for font sizes and line spacing in a way that the line spacing is always relative and proportional to the font size. This is a great time saver.

Please take a look at Typecast, you can set it in px and/or em. Amazingly flexible.

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Since the art boards can be very very large having a mini pan and tap to zoom in / out window possibly on the right bottom side to navigate elegantly through the entire art board space would be convenient I believe.

as of now I have to use the little hand and move around on the art boards themselves in combination with the zoom out function.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)