Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

612 results found

1. Based on the Android components I would like the export all my layouts with assets. I would to import the xml document into my Android studio and drag the assets into Android studio have most of the front end tools layout everything.

270 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The ability to select colors by hex is paramount IMO. Most style guides use hex for web/mobile. Not to mention I have several hex colors memorized (self serving much... ;) )

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Need better distinction between layers and groups in the layers panel. Possible solution: color blocks, a darker grey block of color behind groups or the ability to color code layers/groups like in Photoshop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. To remove a swatch from the color picker you drag it off the popup.
    https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/1063510766135853057

Well this is a bit obtuse and I only recently learned of it.

Perhaps a tooltip or a right click context menu so this feature is a bit more accessible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When having multiple people give feedback on a prototype it would be helpful if they're comments and pins were color-coded by person. Different people have different specialties and usually have a theme to their feedback so it would be nice if it to be easy to filter each person's feedback visually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. bug: color picker is broken, see image

Adobe XD Version: 30.2.12.3
    Windows 10: 1906 (Build 18363.900)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. After add a color, I can't delete it. I have tried the right mouse button and remove, for example (just tried as a option).
    I have added a wrong color on my color palette and I want to delete it. How I can do that?!
    Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When using a component instance in a different document, changes to the linked color asset (in the new document) should update the instances.

There seems to be no reason for the current behavior. I work with multiple products with the same base UI differed mostly by color.

It actually looks more like a bug, but this ticket says otherwse: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/38063995-linked-components-not-reacting-to-edit-fill-color

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Entering #000 should automatically convert it to #000000.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The preview link works really well, but it would be helpful if the background colour could be set to a custom colour. The default is white, but it would be handy if you could specify black (or any colour) instead. My reason is that when displaying a mobile screen on various mobile devices for testing, i often get small white stripes at the top and bottom due to variations of screen resolution. If i could set the background colour to black, then the gaps at the top and bottom wouldn't be an issues as the black would blend into a…

165 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When switching between apps, for. example when copying hex from browser to Xd, Color dialog window always disappear and I always have to click on Fill option in Appearance tab to get Color dialog back on. It would be much easier for window to stay open when switching between apps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When selecting text (via drag selection or double clicking a word), it will display the blue highlight boundary. There are some UI kits that use this blue as part of their wireframing palette making it impossible to see the text highlight when you have text on top of this color.

Ideally, the selection highlight should just invert the color underneath it so you can always see the boundary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I really miss the (l) colorpipette/colorpicker shortcut. Because I now have too much (mouse/pen)movement to the right panel, in stead of doing all with shortcuts... This and more shortcuts from photoshop/illustrator like (z) for zoom.

332 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to have a consistent set of swatches, with the ability to import saved palettes or to share/export a palettes. It would be nice to have access to multiple palettes as well

821 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

We’re excited to announce that with XD May release, you could now create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let us know what…

17. It can be great to be able to prototype complex animations and interactions. It can help us create more concrete prototypes with mouse and scroll animations or also infinite loop animations.

Detail of the idea in this article : https://uxplanet.org/the-killer-feature-im-waiting-for-in-our-modern-design-tools-87c3a5d3c4b3

Summary of the idea :
    A 3 step process which allow you an infinity of possibilities by customizing each property with a math formula. We add syntax highlighting to help designers differentiate dynamic properties, static properties and constants or math functions.
    Then, AdobeXD previewer will “just” have to recalculate and update these properties at a 60 Hz frequency to…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A checkbox on the properties that when checked adds an X on the shape turning it into a wireframe photo. The X can be colored with the stroke color

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Right now, when you open up the color picker, the "HEX" box is highlighted. I get it, it's so you can manually type a value or copy the existing value easily.

However, once you have selected a new color from a saved swatch, I think the automatic highlighting of the hex should be removed. That way, you could close the color menu by pressing "V" and returning to the regular "move" tool. Right now, I constantly type "V" to try and close the picker, but I end up typing "V"s in the hex box instead.

Honestly, if there was an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  20. When I paste an hexadecimal color outside of a text zone, i expect the selected object to take the background color specified in the text, not to paste the text as raw text

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 30 31