Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

612 results found

1. Link the font color to a specific color in the asset library so if you change that color it will affect the character style throughout

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I use it as my main color selector in photoshop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If you have two things on a page that both have gradients in the background (see attached screenshot), the gradient for the first thing will be used on both. I did some testing and it looks like the ID on <linearGradient> and the fill="url(#linear-gradient)" on <rect> is the problem. If you change the "linear-gradient" on the second svg to "linear-gradient2", it fixes the problem.

Can you change the "Copy SVG Code" functionality to make that "linear-gradient" value unique, like you did with stuff like "Group16" and "Rectangle5"?

Example code:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" width="200" height="200" viewBox="0 0…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Need to add some of illustrator keyboard short cuts : ie, using the X to toggle between the color and stroke of an object

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. this feature is not very important but sometimes I'm getting confused with files. Indesign and XD have very similar icon/thumb color. How about changing it to something different? eg yellow – there is no yellow app in CC

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When I make a symbol out of an object, I should be able to lock certain size properties. For an example, if I have a standard button saved as a symbol, instances of that button should have always the same height but with variable widths. In that case, I would lock the height attribute of that button so on resize only the width is changed.

This can help with complex symbols too where some dimensions cannot be changed or the symbol will be distorted so the designer could lock all of them to ensure that future use does not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Give us the option to design with a preferred artboard color background. Not just grey.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. You can change the artboard color by selecting the artboard and then changing the color on the property inspector. Hope that helps! Please feel free to file another ticket if you're asking for something else.

8. If I want to color a shape, I can simply select the shape, and then click on a color in the Libraries panel.

Why in the world can't I do the same thing with a border? Instead, the only way to color a border with a specific Library color is to use the Eyedropper tool.

Please add this most basic of functionalities.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In previous versions of Adobe XD we were able to past the SVG code of an object copied from XD to text editor like Visual Studio Code. But now this feature is not working. When I copy an object from XD with Ctrl+C and paste it to text editor with Ctrl+V nothing happens. Can you please restore this behavior as it was before.

XD Version: 29.2.32

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Basically XD is a step in the right direction, but from our understanding it does not really support scripting such as JS or similar, and so we can only prototype using static images, instead of HTML5 code we want to use to test the overall look of the planned website.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add more information to the character styles in the asset library, ie. weight and color

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be very beneficial to change the color of the bounding boxes. I am working on an application with a very similar shade of blue and it's incredibly difficult to see when I have selected things.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The latest update (OCT,15,2018) got me so excited I thought of giving it a spin after a long time. Great work team!

The feature I wanted to request was the ability to see colors transition from one to the other' smoothly in auto animate'. Right now it just jumps to the next (check attachment).

For now this effect can be achieved in after effects by keyframing the 'Fill' preset.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Currently I'm only able to select colors based on HSL and Hex #.
    • Ability to use RGB color sliders.
    • Ability to see swatches as more than just a thumbnail if needed (ie: Small List, as this would be helpful when you have many color of similar hue).
    • Ability to import/save swatches.
    • Ability to edit a saved color/swatch.
    • Global Swatches (So if I need to edit a specific global swatch, all elements on the canvas will be updated).
    • Adobe Color Themes implementation (ie: Adobe Kuler)

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A number of existing stories are encapsulated in this request. Please do upvote the individual stories, as it helps us to prioritize specific features.

Saving color palettes: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14225049
    RGB: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14684583
    Global Style/Color Edits: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869085
    Adobe Color CC integration: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12941622

Thanks!

-Elaine

15. When the fill color opacity is lowered, the shadow should not show through.

The fill opacity is also affecting the shadow's opacity. These controls should be independent of each other.

I have attached a screen shots from xd that shows the issue and a screen shot from sketch that shows the desired result. The circle on both are filled with #ffffff at 50% opacity.

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something we’d like to get more feedback on.

a) Some apps (such as Adobe Illustrator and InDesign) behave the way XD does now: reducing fill opacity (not overall object opacity) keeps the whole shadow visible but reduces its opacity in proportion with the fill color’s opacity. At zero fill opacity, the shadow is completely gone along with the fill (unless you have a border, in which case you have a thin ring-shaped shadow left).

b) Other apps (such as Photoshop or Sketch) behave differently: reducing fill opacity leaves the shadow’s opacity at full strength, but clips the shadow so you don’t see it through the translucent fill. At zero fill opacity, in the middle of the shape you can see what’s behind it completely unobscured, but outside the shape’s edges you still see the drop shadow at full strength.

Which one do people prefer? Do you need to…

16. To solve the problem to connect by a USB cable on W10, it would be great to enable to preview the prototype by scanning a QR code like it was possible with Pixate Studio. This was a real big asset of Pixate, very helpful, and I think it’d make XD even better.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The possibility of changing the fill color of each member of group object by changing the color of that group object

I have the full subscription to all Adobe Cloud products and applications.

Now I can change the color only of the single object, but if I group it (by pressing CTRL+G) the fill color of that object becomes unchangeable.

That is VERY-VERY inconvenient, because that is VERY-VERY unintuitive.

Why is that VERY-VERY unintuitive?

Ok, just have a glance on it.

Imagine that I've have selected 10 separate objects, and that each of them is not a group, but a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like Border to be able to select a color from document assets without use the picker tool.
    It will make me do work faster ....
    Please

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When working on a large project, sooner or later, the wireframes will be handed to developers. A clean and transparent stucture is essential. I would suggest that, beside the existing art board title, there would be a art board 'code label'. Example: LOG-020 or MENU-001 etc. In web view, code label and title could be shown together like '[LOG-020] Visitors login screen'.
    The art board list on the left hand side in XD could be sorted on code to get a well organized list.
    An export function to xml could also be handy to get the complete project stucture…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When making two items the same color, then they merge on the colors palette and the second item is lost, ie. If you have a color for Title and a color for a Sub Title, if the Title is set to #FFFFFF and then the Sub Title is set to #FFFFFF, then the Sub Title is removed and the two merge.

This is useful in some instances, but not always, I would love the option to be able to choose NOT to merge items in the color palette.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)