Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

645 results found

1. Thanks for adding gradients !
    Right now, we can add colours to our 'favourites' with the + button, could we also save gradients when in the gradient tool?

Something really nice too would be to allow the pipette to pick the gradient of a shape/artboard.

These too would save a lot of time !!

610 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When I open prototype in webbrowser and when I change zoom to 100% (or other) then background color change to "not white". In project in xd background is white #fff. So why background color changed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. As a user who works with design systems and color palettes often, it would speed up my workflow considerably, if I could select a color swatch directly without opening the color palette.
    A quick selector that openes on hover and shows the swatches could be a nice solution.
    Or color shortcuts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Switch colors between fill and border color option

Allow switching fill and border color. I mean, pressing a button and what is fill color will be border color mutually.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If there is a paragraph where there text color is not everywhere the same, on the design specs you can view only one color and not the second one.

It would be nice and handy especially for the developers, to be able to see/pick all the colors that are used inside a paragraph placeholder on the design specs mode.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

his feature is now available in all design specs links published from XD 21.0 or above.

XD will now let developers select and inspect different text spans in a single text layer that includes multiple styles, including superscript and subscript styles.

You may see this video for all latest features we’ve shipped https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLfZICf8deo

6. It would be very useful to have a detailed color picker like in Ai or Ps..
    This would increase the workflow very much.

thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would be good to have a different color clipboard background to differentiate between design and prototype mode.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi there,

Recently, I found myself usually make layout grid off when I used eyedropper.
    It's silly, who the hell select their color with layout grid?

So I submit this idea.

Thanks.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There is a workflow where people work on picking different types of shades of colors as a part of their designs they are working for.
    It would a great asset if the color picker would allow the users to work through it with a better workflow

Prototype example Link: https://blog.prototypr.io/an-updated-color-picker-for-practicality-adobexd-294d5e4e5f92?source=friends_link&sk=84ed163845b694ea96a197be1b24d992

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. You create an element with a shadow with:
    X: 1 / Y: 1 / B: 4
    color: black opacity 10%

When you choose to share your design in dev mode, the CSS attribute are available.

What do you expect:
    box-shadow: 0px 1px 4px rgba(0,0,0,0.1);
    OR

0000001A;

Current display:
    box-shadow: 0px 1px 4px #0000001A;

Can we have the rgba + this code color?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I choose a blue, then change the transparency to 50%; that is no longer blue, it is now a very very very light blue; I would like to see the value of that; otherwise there's no point in using XD to create color palettes, as I can't document the value other the saying something like " #245D97 @ 50% transparency"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feature request. Unfortunately, transparency is a critical part of ensuring that developers understand what should be opaque vs. transparent. If you’d like to copy the actual value without transparency, you can draw a new object and use the eyedropper to sample your completed color to get an opaque version of it for your color palette.

12. 281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add to Adobe XD (select fill color & select stroke color), like in illustrator!

If you add it, We don't need to edit icons in other adobe products like AI or PS, We can easily edit it on XD!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Link the font color to a specific color in the asset library so if you change that color it will affect the character style throughout

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Selecting a portion of a text block, then clicking the Fill rectangle, and choosing a color from the fill panel works as desired, except you cannot use the ink dropper tool to select a color from anywhere, including color assets panel, without that color being applied to the entire text block.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need to add some of illustrator keyboard short cuts : ie, using the X to toggle between the color and stroke of an object

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Give us the option to design with a preferred artboard color background. Not just grey.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. You can change the artboard color by selecting the artboard and then changing the color on the property inspector. Hope that helps! Please feel free to file another ticket if you're asking for something else.

18. this feature is not very important but sometimes I'm getting confused with files. Indesign and XD have very similar icon/thumb color. How about changing it to something different? eg yellow – there is no yellow app in CC

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I use it as my main color selector in photoshop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Instead of knowing or learning the exact color code, HEX/RGB, it would be really great to actually work with the HUE, saturation and/or black level.
    Within the design system that I've created, the primary color is 204 on the HUE level and every other blue color will have that starting point.
    In Adobe XD, I cannot change the HUE level based on an actual number, but by guessing, which is frustrating and a wrong way of working — I'm currently working with PS opened, just so I be able to work with a proper color picker.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)