Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

612 results found

1. Include multiple functions within the Document Assets (Colors, Character Style, Components, Videos). For instance, quickly create multiple components at once based on selected group layers within the canvas. In terms of libraries management, creating a set of symbol is less time consuming

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. My marketing team and my design team need to align. We would like to have a design management system where we can update our components, colors, fonts, styling, spacing etc.

As the leading design product this should honestly be included anyway!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

You can now publish from XD to a Creative Cloud Library, which can be used across multiple teams. If you’re interested in more specific things that you’d like to have in CC Libraries, please do feel free to file a new ticket.

3. After long search and on call with Adobe Support we manage to pinpoint an issue where setting a fill opacity breaks XD in a way that you can no longer undo any changes, nor is this file auto-saved / saved anymore.

As far as I know you can set object Fill Alpha / Opacity in 3 ways:
    1. Open the fill palette, type a new alpha value into the alpha field (which begins at 100%)
    2. Open the fill palette, drag up / down on the vertical opacity slider on the right of the palette (next to hue selector)
    3.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sometimes designers forget to name their layers and hand them off via the design spec sheet. It would be nice to be able to see a preview of the graphic on the specs sidebar when you click it on the artboard.

For example I click an image on the artboard, and the spec sidebar it tells me that i've clicked on Group 114, but I'm not exactly sure if it's the graphic that I need because it's a grouped layer. I know I can right click to view layers, but it would just a be a whole lot more convenient…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Some feature that I think need to add in XD ASAP
    1. Border Gradient
    2. Dash line
    3. Rounded corner (in stock)
    4. Masking - ( Mask with shape is really painful so it should be something like sketch or photoshop)
    5. Corner radius (shape edit mode) rather than access by the property.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you add a single idea per ticket instead of all of them in one place. The good news is, all of your ideas are already in the database and just need your upvote.

You can already edit the corner radius on the

6. Why didn't you start with the code for InDesign and strip out the print specific features and go from there? Forget that you've spent money, time and development trying to mimic workflows from Sketch or especially Figma.

Designers do not need everything to be automated.

Creating and editing text should be exactly like it is in your flagship programs. Click and go or drag a text box and go. No silly auto width, auto height or fixed. Just an open box where type flows as one changes the size or scales as one does with a modify key.

In the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be helpful if you were able to label the assets (symbols, colors, fonts) like you can in the Library panel so that you can easily tell which asset is for which feature in your project. For example, the ability to label a font choice as "Header" or "Subtext".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We have a set of artboards of the same dimensions. We select them, activate the plugin.
    The popup will ask for "speed" ex: 0.5s, "loop" ex: forever/xRepeats.

Optional: a slider for colors/dither/lossy, a preview and file size before saving the result to the desktop.

It would cut the ezgif step.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  9. As of right now - In the property panel, text boxes with numerical values can be clicked and dragged up and down with the mouse to quickly change the value without typing.

Just like Photoshop - If I could hold down SHIFT to increase the speed of the value changing, or ALT to slow it down (for better precision) this would benefit the feature.
    For an object's rotation value, SHIFT could snap to certain angle increments. It's extremely common to rotate something by 45° or 90°.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The gird layout seems to work automatically which isn't correct and not how web design works from a coding point of view.

I simply want to have 45px margins on the left and right with a 12 grid column. It's IMPOSSIBLE to do this. It keeps re-adjusting things.

Is this suppose to work like this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Is XD going to keep getting keyboard shortcuts to increase efficiency when designing? I have photoshop shortcuts memorized so I'm much faster in Photoshop than I am in XD because most things have to be done with the mouse right now. It would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut to open the window to change colors of objects and text, keyboard shortcuts like photoshop has to change leading and kerning for text, etc. Anything that can be done to minimize having to go to the right sidebar every time for changes. I didn't see any way to scrub…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! We’re looking at keyboard shortcuts where they make sense. You can already use the same leading and kerning shortcuts from Photoshop. If you have specific keyboard shortcuts you’d like to see, please do file them as separate tickets so that we can better combine them with similar suggestions!

12. I work on a path planning project.
    User must preview the path.

I NEED to produce several iterations of the same path animation, with different colors or informations.
    XD will allow me to implement the path representations in the app, without reproducing the user journey in After Effects : It becomes "real"
    Then I can test each version of the path, very easily, and get precious feedbacks

After Effect is the tool => export a transparent video
    because AFAIK it doesn't export transparent gif

Back into XD, my app structure (background, menus, etc) remains unchanged, and we can test…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adobe XD has the rectangle tool, but the rectangle is an element which is a shape itself, destined to be used as a design element.

The feature suggestion is to have a rectangle frame tool, which it's main function is to serve as a wireframing tool, rather tha a design element. The addition is to upgrade the rectangle tool for supporting converting to text.

The wireframing tool should be able to be easily converted to other elements, like a rectangle, image frame or text box:
    a) If you set colors, you convert to a rectangle design element (as it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. to work fluid with this tool i miss various things:

1. its hard to work with the paragraph-styles. when i click on a text the connected style should light up. i never know which style i am working on. also it looses connection to the style when changing color. do it like indesign - there it works perfectly.

2. when placing an image, XD shoul make a connection to the image and not implement it. because if i use the same picture multiple times and change something in the original, i have to place the image again in every position.

3. when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! Unfortunately, filing many different ideas together makes it very difficult for us to aggregate your feedback with other people who might have similar ideas. The good news is: most, if not all, of your ideas are already in the database and just need to be upvoted. For instance:

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

15. I want you to be able to enter decimal numbers in the padding numbers of the group.
    It is inconvenient that you can handle the decimal point for other positions and sizes, but not the value here.
    When considering character units (em, rem, etc.) as a reference when coding CSS, there are cases where a decimal point is required when converting to px, so I would like you to be able to enter a decimal point here as well.

要望 グループのパディングの数値に小数(decimal)で入力

グループのパディングの数値に小数(decimal)で入力できるようにして欲しい。
    他の位置やサイズなどは小数点を扱えるがここの値は扱えないのが不便です。
    CSSコーディングの際に文字単位(em,remなど)を基準として考える場合、px換算すると小数点が必要になるケースがあるので、ここも小数点の数値が入力できるようにして欲しい。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hi Adobe XD Team,

I've been using adobe xd for a couple of days. I'm a UI/UX Designer based in Philippines and this product made me a lot easier to design web projects.

I have few request base to my experience in using this product:
    Saving Status - When i'm saving my current project it so hard to distinguish whether my project has been saved or not.

Prototype Scrolling - i have a design with a custom height for example i used web 1366x768 artboard but my current project is longer than the original height. so when i click desktop…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you have individual ideas in each request. Many of these features have been requested already (and scrolling artboards just landed in the February release, which was released last week).

Please upvote the following:

Thanks again for your excitement! We hope to hear from you again soon.

-Elaine

17. This odd just immediately lost all content with Design Mode. All artboards still their but text, colors, images, and design disappeared. There's no trace of even in the Cloud. It's crazy components, colors, and character styles still there among assets. Everything else gone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Currently both the list and grid view have their advantages and disadvantages, especially since the sudden loss of responsive columns of the list view I find myself switching back and forth. In some occasions the list view is still more compact, but as soon as there are many items in one category - i.e. colors - I feel forced to switch to grid to avoid endless scrolling.

To counter this and add customizability, how about being able to select the view mode per category? For example grid for colors, list for components or vice versa - just the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  19. I may be delusional, but I think I remember this being the way it was originally, but.... I would like a way to see Resolved and Unresolved comments in the same view, with the pins being different colors on the page. Three filters: "Resolved", "Unresolved", "ALL". As it is right now, I can only see either Resolved or Unresolved comments on a page.

Thank you for such a great product! It has really helped our collaboration tremendously.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I've been using this for a while now and I find it absolutely great! However there's a few things I wish it could do.

1) Having a radial style gradient.

2) Saving Gradients the same way colors are saved.

3) Locking an image in the background and having the content scroll over it.

4) Floating Menu's during prototype mode. So that the main header can scroll along with the page.

Thank you for this great app. Keep up the good work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file a single ticket for each idea. Thankfully, your ideas are already in the database, and only need your upvote!

Radial Gradient: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15671976
    Gradient Swatches: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16384465
    Scrollable Areas: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869166
    Pinned Elements: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13031847

-Elaine