Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

612 results found

1. I frequently (at least once/day) hit CMD-V when I'm reaching for CMD-B while editing text. If I have an object on my clipboard, XD inserts the raw SVG code into my text area. (OK, Maybe using my left hand for B is bad typing form, but I'm old and it's never going to change)

This is especially annoying if the clipboard contents are large, as my system grinds to a halt for several seconds, preventing a quick CMD-Z.

I can't think of a scenario when this behavior would be desirable. I get the value of copying SVG, but the paste…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. --- Idea ---
    For organizations maintaining a design system web site or document, it would be fantastic if users could "copy" a component (like a Button) from the documentation and paste it directly into XD.

--- Why? ---
    This would save designers from having to browse or search the XD library separately, since they're already in the design system documentation.

--- How? ---
    Perhaps XD could offer a new Export option for exporting in the same format used by copy-and-paste within XD? Then in a design system website, organizations could offer a "Copy XD Component" button that writes that same …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Pleasantly suprised with the latest update. It's not there yet but I'm sure it will. So far did some tests with the export sheet for iOS and Android and I found two improvements:

• For iOS: When selecting a border of 0.5 px, the size is shown correctly but the height is set to 0px. This caused some confusion.
    • For Android: It would be great if colors and their opacity appear in #AARRGGBB for Android. i.e. #FFFFFF, 50% should appear like: #80FFFFFF
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! It’s best if you only file one idea per ticket instead of lumping them together like this. That being said, the first issue sounds like a bug, so I’ll convert this ticket to reflect the feature request. Can you file the bug as a separate ticket in the Bugs section of UserVoice? Thanks!

-Elaine

4. I believe you could make a number of characters limit box on the right menu, this would help UX writers to make better text to fit the layout.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• When selecting image appearance mode - (i.e Normal, Darken, Multiply e.c.t) have the image update when hovering over the menu like in photoshop.

• Rather than having no preview and having to blindly select before viewing how it would look. then undoing over and over

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll leave this open for now (and edit it to reflect the issue with blend modes), but you can cycle through blend modes with Alt+Shift+plus and Alt+Shift+minus while the object is selected. Hope that helps!

5. Eyedropper tool for colors, forms, font… to apply the same parameter from an existing object.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'd like to export SVGs without coded width and height attributes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New functions for the prototype mode.

I have had a lot of trouble convincing clients and within the development team how the screens work, which I believe will be solved with some features initially.

• Anchor Point
      Select the object that will start the action and select a target object, that is, you can create animation inside an artboard.

• Add Elements
      When you perform the action on a source object, you can insert a new element in a selected area.

• Change states
      Clicking on the source object can change a color or background image of some other element

• Back
      When we…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Klick on app-icons in the panel should select input field for direct value-change by number-input or arrow keys. This is the same in InDesign/AI/PS … Please make the Adobe apps feel the same or have the same ground features!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hotkeys for:
    Eyedropper tool
    Toggle between Design & Prototype
    Switch fill & border colors (like shift+X in illustrator)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s really difficult for us to aggregate these multiple-feature requests. Please do file these as separate issues in UserVoice so that we can catch your vote!

BTW, the toggle between design and prototype is already in the product: Ctrl-Tab.

Thanks!

-Elaine

10. We are using the Atomic Design approach and have built our files accordingly. There is an underlying pattern library with all the atoms. Then there is one file for each molecule, these files use the atoms. Finally, there are the files of the programs that plug atoms and molecules together. This file structure isn't entirely because of Atomic Design, but also because we are running into performance problems with our rather big files otherwise.
    With the old feature of linked assets that was never a problem, now we started to using the Library feature and are running into issues:
    I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. So, I have been using XD since the start of this app and I really enjoy it, but as I was previously using Sketch app and when I shifted to XD. I usually get stuck in doing many things. Below is the list of features that XD should add:

1. Text Gradients
      Adding text gradients is very necessary as sometime we want to give a 3D look to our text using gradients and it is very difficult to do it in XD. I think it would be good to have a same dropdown as for shapes.

2. Multiple Fills
      That is another…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! We really appreciate the thoughtfulness you’ve put into this post. UserVoice works best if you split your ideas up (for merging and upvoting), so we’d appreciate it if you could upvote existing stories or file new ones.

As it is, a number of your suggestions already exist in the database. For instance:

Thanks!

-Elaine

12. Настройка частоты автосохранения в работе с облачными проектами

Нужна функция регулирования автосохранения в работе с облачными проектами. В текущий момент автосохранения происходят практически моментально и это мешает работать.

Описание проблемы:
    Я выбираю элемент, кликаю в область редактирования его размера, зажимаю Shift + → (стрелочка вправо) что бы увеличить размер элемента вправо на +10 px. Эти действия повторяются циклично пока резульат не будет достигнут. Данные взаимодействия с инпутами работают идеально в оффлайн проектах. Но в облачных проектах, это работает не корректно. При взаимодействия с инпутами и изменении их значений внезапно происходит автосохранения и выделенный инпут сбрасывается. Вместо увеличение размера объекта Shift…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I was excited to hear that the June 2018 update included Math Calculations which I what I upvoted. I was surprised you said it was completed but I felt like it's not there yet.

So here's my problem that I still ran into many times.

I have a responsive website project with more than 100 artboards. If I change the footer height size by -40px, that means I would have to go to each artboard to manually change the height size of the artboard by -40px as well.

I thought I could select all 100 artboards of different height size…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Transparent borders can help with thinning out icons and text without having to change colors for a specific page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hello, I am a designer and really like working with Adobe XD.

I hope that in the future, there will be the option to add/change states to the icons - ex. to create buttons that change color/size when the mouse hovers over/rolls over before clicking and going to another screen. It wouyld also be helpful an option where the image can be edited in Photoshop/Illustrator, saved and updated in XD, like Smart-objects work between Photoshop and Illustrator.

Finally, to have a section dedicated to the creation of Personas and Users Journeys would be a great adds-on, since many prototyping…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you enter a single idea per submission. The good news is, all of your suggestions are already in the database and ready for your upvote!

Elaine

16. I'd like to be able to choose to have the property inspector already open in development view. It would save having to describe how to click on the icon to engineers every time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Designers are able to add colors, fonts, icons, and many more to the library asset. We're able to even provide custom names to our assets.

When designers share their work, which is made up of assets from library, developers are able to see the custom names for colors, icons, and components.

But for whatever reason, you cannot see the names of the fonts (Name should be Body-xsmall). Could this feature be added?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Some feature that I think need to add in XD ASAP
    1. Border Gradient
    2. Dash line
    3. Rounded corner (in stock)
    4. Masking - ( Mask with shape is really painful so it should be something like sketch or photoshop)
    5. Corner radius (shape edit mode) rather than access by the property.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you add a single idea per ticket instead of all of them in one place. The good news is, all of your ideas are already in the database and just need your upvote.

You can already edit the corner radius on the

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)